Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Riyad Mahrez - OFFICIAL

That can't be true though, as Pearson signed Vardy and Wood as well.

He must be including player sales in that

The smaller amount mentioned by Pearson might be down to contractual reasons - maybe some parts of the overall sum are due at a later stage of the season or in a few months time or tied to certain conditions.

So, he could be right, after all.

400k.

Pearson said in the Merc the other day he's not spent more than £1.2m since he returned, which puts pay to the 2.4m for Knockaert stuff as well.

I strongly suspect that the rumours about the Knockaert deal would be made up of add-ons anyway. I doubt we would have got him for only £1.2 million considering what they rejected for him previously. Either way Nigel and his staff know what they are doing. I'm keen to see what sort of players they will bring in with more money at their disposal. Nigel says it won't make much difference to the way they operate but i'm sure they scout players and there have been many they've not been able to sign due to their value that they will now be able to pursue.

I strongly suspect that the rumours about the Knockaert deal would be made up of add-ons anyway. I doubt we would have got him for only £1.2 million considering what they rejected for him previously. Either way Nigel and his staff know what they are doing. I'm keen to see what sort of players they will bring in with more money at their disposal. Nigel says it won't make much difference to the way they operate but i'm sure they scout players and there have been many they've not been able to sign due to their value that they will now be able to pursue.

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:

This 3/4m stuff seems to stem from Ronan the Guingamp fan who said that's what they were asking... which could quite easily be 3 quarters of a million as was discussed at the time. Plus I think I read at the time he was in his last year like Mahrez after rejecting a new contract..

I don't think we spent £2m+ in addons or anything else for him, just my opinion going off the business Pearson has done here and what he said in the Merc.

This 3/4m stuff seems to stem from Ronan the Guingamp fan who said that's what they were asking... which could quite easily be 3 quarters of a million as was discussed at the time. Plus I think I read at the time he was in his last year like Mahrez after rejecting a new contract..

I don't think we spent £2m+ in addons or anything else for him, just my opinion going off the business Pearson has done here and what he said in the Merc.

You're right about Pearson, he is an absolute legend. I love the fact that he looks for value and is not seduced into paying over the odds for average players. He's a real strategist and a long term thinker, in a footballing world that seems so reactionary.

I also love the fact we have an ethos in our development (developing young hungry talented players with great technical ability and balancing them with professional older heads). A far cry from the years of patching 10 new players together each season and hoping.

Looks the real deal.  I think he has much better potential then Knockaert.  Seems to be such a smart clever player.  Nearly always makes the right decision (I.E. whether to pass cross take his man on or shoot)

Having said that it made me laff last night when he did that piece of skill at the end and got by his players and then didn't lay it back for Drinkwater and tried to get a cross in instead.  Drinky went mad at him  lol

Definitely needs a song. A real one.

He's class that elastico (think that's what it's called) trick and nutmeg last night was class and his first touch is unreal

Please see below. Sing it out loud, I dare you.

If that was sung by Palace or Celtic 100's would be trying to rip if off. 

It's been stuck in my head for weeks. 

There's a boy called Mahrez

And he knows his way to the goal

He's the pride of Algeriaaaaaaa

His hair is shite, but he plays in blue and white

Riiiiiiiiiiiiyad can't fail!

I hate his chant. Is he not important enough to have his own chant so he has to share with Knocky?

Give him his own chant. And stop copying off Man City.

I don't like it either..but each to their own.

I posted this before..and would love to get this going.

Tune.."That's amore" by Dean Martin..(Zamora..row Z) for the young uns.

Wheeen heee plays on the wing you can hear us all sing "thaat's Maahreeeez"

With a megs a flipflap makes their players look crap "thaat's Maahreeeez"

With the ball at his boots twists and turns and he shoots "thaat's Maahreeeez"

With the last man to beat he will stay on his feet..not like "Suaareeeez".

Easy to remember..with praise for our player and banter against another.

Imagine this being sung when we play Liverpool.

I'd be happy to get it started in a pub pre match on Saturday if anyone's up for it?

Anything...ANYTHING other than repeating his name and doing the "hand movements".

I don't like it either..but each to their own.

I posted this before..and would love to get this going.

Tune.."That's amore" by Dean Martin..(Zamora..row Z) for the young uns.

Wheeen heee plays on the wing you can hear us all sing "thaat's Maahreeeez"

With a megs a flipflap makes their players look crap "thaat's Maahreeeez"

With the ball at his boots twists and turns and he shoots "thaat's Maahreeeez"

With the last man to beat he will stay on his feet..not like "Suaareeeez".

Easy to remember..with praise for our player and banter against another.

Imagine this being sung when we play Liverpool.

I'd be happy to get it started in a pub pre match on Saturday if anyone's up for it?

Anything...ANYTHING other than repeating his name and doing the "hand movements".

I Like

Archived