Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Riyad Mahrez - OFFICIAL

Decent article on our boy Riyad from French Football Weekly, here:

http://frenchfootballweekly.com/2014/01/16/leicester-citys-new-cub-algerian-di-maria-riyad-mahrez/

good read that seen a few points that won't go down well with some tho

"Leicester City fans should not expect too much too quickly"

"Patience may also be needed with regard to his statistical output. Mahrez hasn’t been as efficient as can be"

"If he fails to successfully get the better of his marker, his confidence will not waver and he will continue to attack the defender with the same amount of enthusiasm"

most city fans don't do Patience

can expect him to get the same reaction to knockaert when he loses the ball

good read that seen a few points that won't go down well with some tho

"Leicester City fans should not expect too much too quickly"

"Patience may also be needed with regard to his statistical output. Mahrez hasn’t been as efficient as can be"

"If he fails to successfully get the better of his marker, his confidence will not waver and he will continue to attack the defender with the same amount of enthusiasm"

most city fans don't do Patience

can expect him to get the same reaction to knockaert when he loses the ball

I'm quite encouraged by the fact it seems his head doesn't drop if (for example) he fails to beat a man first time round.

"Mahrez.... is also commended for his generous efforts off of the ball. In Championship terms, ‘he isn’t afraid to get stuck in and put in a shift’.

This is pleasing. I had him down as a one of those more arrogant, flair-type players but knowing that he's willing to do the other side of the game has raised my opinion of him.

What if he's shit? :P

Sounds to me like it's pretty obvious he has some ability although that's mainly based on articles - that said they can't all be wrong can they?

It sounds like a well balanced article with a lot of sensible reasoning behind why he might or might not succeed.

Our fans have been far more patient this season in my opinion. In fact I'd argue they've been a lot better in general, so they may actually give this lad a proper chance.

I'm quite encouraged by the fact it seems his head doesn't drop if (for example) he fails to beat a man first time round.

Me too I personally can't wait to see him play a few games to get a feel on what type of things he's capable of

Sounds to me like it's pretty obvious he has some ability although that's mainly based on articles - that said they can't all be wrong can they?

It sounds like a well balanced article with a lot of sensible reasoning behind why he might or might not succeed.

Our fans have been far more patient this season in my opinion. In fact I'd argue they've been a lot better in general, so they may actually give this lad a proper chance.

The fans probably seem more patient because we've been winning so much, and convincingly at that. If we lose a couple of games and mahrez tries some tricks and gets stopped a few times I'm sure the fans will give him stick. It's just the way it is.

http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/x19ha3v_transfert-de-riyad-mahrez-a-leicester-le-point-avec-le-president-louvel_sport

Sorry if this has been posted already!! It's in French... Anyone kno what's being said? I kno it's got something to do with us and marhez! There a few glimpses of marhez doing a warm up as well haha

That story (link) was posted in the transfer thread on Mahrez a few days ago.

It was all down to the duration of the contract talks, with whom the player's agents interfered and delayed the whole procedure (the two clubs were basically in agreement over the general terms).

That's it.

• 2 months later...

To the tune of Adam's family. (Gavin McCan chant)

He crosses and he passes

He dribbles and harrasses

Puts players on their ass's

He's better than Suarez

Riyad Mahrez (click click)

Riyad Mahrez (click click)

Was reading back through this thread, a.) what a player and b.) not a bad chant  :D

What a talent we seem to of unearthed here. Sure I read £750k. Our scouts out in France must know what they're doing.

400k.

Pearson said in the Merc the other day he's not spent more than £1.2m since he returned, which puts pay to the 2.4m for Knockaert stuff as well.

Archived