Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Riyad Mahrez - OFFICIAL

Just watched this 4 times. OMFG, This guy is a complete revelation.

God, I can't wait for next season. I HATE the lack of footie in the summer but this year is gonna be worse than most knowing we have players like him about to have a go at the Premier League.

I guess we do have the World Cup this year which will be a Godsend and I seriously hope he (and others) get into their respective squads and play.

Lets be honest, Would you normally stay up late to watch an Algeria game? I probably wouldn't but if Mahrez happens to make the squad/team (Same as the likes of Schlup for Ghana etc,) I wouldn't miss it.

I disagree entirely. He was clipped (accidentally) and completely lost his balance as he was running at pace with the ball. It was a penalty all day long and I honestly believe he'd have stayed on his feet if he possibly could have done

I was not referring to that incident, I too saw that as a penalty.

However at other times he did seem to go over to easily.

Could be why the ref didn't see it that way.

How come no one else was linked with him etc and we managed to get him so cheaply, surely other teams should be embarrassed of themselves that they weren't even aware of this guy.

Nah bud, that totally legit Swedish scout guy said they were known.  We should be embarrassed for not going more obscure.

Nah bud, that totally legit Swedish scout guy said they were known. We should be embarrassed for not going more obscure.

Agents told us to sign them so our scouting network is shit

Why do people keep saying we'll struggle to keep him? He's on a three year contract? Where's he going to? Chelsea, Liverpool, United? Don't be silly. You have to remember we have a lot more power in the transfer market than a lot of other mid table premier league clubs. No reason why shouldn't aim to compete as a top six club.

Completely agree. Rarely do promoted teams lose their prize assets straight away. I don't think teams will be willing to take a gamble and see if they can cut it when they can just wait and see for themselves, and if they can come in for them then.

Completely agree. Rarely do promoted teams lose their prize assets straight away. I don't think teams will be willing to take a gamble and see if they can cut it when they can just wait and see for themselves, and if they can come in for them then.

He is one of our jewels in the crown, so I hope they keep their hands off him.

Could well turn out to be our best player next year.

Riyad has been a class act so far but without sounding negative he has came into a team top of the league and flying.

I could give any number of examples of a player that has signed for a team mid season, looked a world beater and then has been a disaster.

I hope I'm wrong but he's a young lad in a new country and won't always display this form, that said I bloody hope he does!

• 2 years later...

To the tune of Adam's family. (Gavin McCan chant)

He crosses and he passes

He dribbles and harrasses

Puts players on their ass's

He's better than Suarez

Riyad Mahrez (click click)

Riyad Mahrez (click click)

Can somebody please explain why this never caught on?

Archived