FoxLAD Posted 14 February 2014 Posted 14 February 2014 This is why I have much respect for our owners.. any other owner would of sack Pearson last season after that terrible run. but we stuck with him and now look what he's done.
Donut Posted 14 February 2014 Posted 14 February 2014 I think they should have at least given Meulensteen till the end of the season, relegation threatened or not. I dont think anyone would keep them up, and he is widely regarded as a very good coach. Bitterness towards other teams comes from bitter people, for whatever reason. Why would anyone logically have beef with Fulham?
Voll Blau Posted 14 February 2014 Posted 14 February 2014 I read this and think some people are really harsh on other football teams. What do you expect? Fulham to challenge for the title? They are "just another" PL team but they had a very good run in Europe the other year. I saw someone comment "Fulham are just another team that makes up the numbers", and of course because the PL is dominated by money it is now sadly true, but I'm sorry to say that if get promoted we will just be a team "that makes up the numbers". Teams like Fulham have fans, just like us, and I think some of these people deserve a bit more respect a times. To be fair pal I think you're a bit of a salad most of the time but you're 100 per cent bang on about stuff like this. They had 12k stood and singing at a EUROPEAN FINAL the other year FFS. As Leicester fans we'd kill to get beyond the first stage of the Europa League, let alone achieve that! Automatically describing one set of fans or the other as "tinpot" or "no-marks" is the trademark of a fvckwit with no clue. Like the kind of idiots at our place who sang "You never won fvck all" to Wolves the other year. In short, I agree with you on this one.
Corky Posted 14 February 2014 Posted 14 February 2014 Fulham being relegated was just the natural order of things. It's just been about 10 years later than expected. I'll miss them if they go. It's great that a provincially small club can survive and compete at the top level for so long. In a quiant, different little ground to the plastic bowls that have sprung up around the country. Yes they were bankrolled to the top division but have been a club to aspire to since- a full ground most weeks, realistic expectations from supporters, reaching European finals. It'll be a shame if they go down and we go up, certainly a ground I'd like to visit.
stix Posted 14 February 2014 Posted 14 February 2014 Wonder what odds the bookies will give for consecutive relegations?
One Legged Beaver Posted 15 February 2014 Posted 15 February 2014 They should never have got rid of the Michael Jackson statue, it's only gone downhill from there.
Pride_Of_The_Midlands Posted 15 February 2014 Posted 15 February 2014 I hope they go down. We don't need 2 Premier League teams in one small area of West London when we have big English cities without a top flight club
Harry - LCFC Posted 15 February 2014 Posted 15 February 2014 To be fair pal I think you're a bit of a salad most of the time but you're 100 per cent bang on about stuff like this. They had 12k stood and singing at a EUROPEAN FINAL the other year FFS. As Leicester fans we'd kill to get beyond the first stage of the Europa League, let alone achieve that! Automatically describing one set of fans or the other as "tinpot" or "no-marks" is the trademark of a fvckwit with no clue. Like the kind of idiots at our place who sang "You never won fvck all" to Wolves the other year. In short, I agree with you on this one. I don't think Kitch showed any disrespect in his comment. The fact is that Fulham are not a big club so they ought to find it difficult to sustain their position in the top division. That isn't being mean to their fans, it's just the truth of the situation. I mean, would you have complained if he'd said the same thing about Blackpool? I'm sure most people expected them to be relegated fairly quickly because of the size of the club. It's the same principle with Fulham really just to a lesser extent.
DANGEROUS TIGER Posted 15 February 2014 Posted 15 February 2014 Sixes and sevens at Fulham. They appear to be a rudderless ship, about to sink.
Kitchandro Posted 15 February 2014 Posted 15 February 2014 I read this and think some people are really harsh on other football teams. What do you expect? Fulham to challenge for the title? They are "just another" PL team but they had a very good run in Europe the other year. I saw someone comment "Fulham are just another team that makes up the numbers", and of course because the PL is dominated by money it is now sadly true, but I'm sorry to say that if get promoted we will just be a team "that makes up the numbers". Teams like Fulham have fans, just like us, and I think some of these people deserve a bit more respect a times. Nah, small club with a shit away following. They only get a full stadium because the toffs can go on the way back from Harrods. Sorry but there are much bigger and better clubs that would give the Premiership more value. These nothing London clubs that outstay their welcome get on my tits. Don't start comparing us to Fulham. We have support worthy of the Premiership, Fulham do not.
Kitchandro Posted 15 February 2014 Posted 15 February 2014 I'll miss them if they go. It's great that a provincially small club can survive and compete at the top level for so long. In a quiant, different little ground to the plastic bowls that have sprung up around the country. Yes they were bankrolled to the top division but have been a club to aspire to since- a full ground most weeks, realistic expectations from supporters, reaching European finals. It'll be a shame if they go down and we go up, certainly a ground I'd like to visit. Nothing wrong with their ground, very good for a club of their size. Sadly their 'away end' is cringey as fvck. Mixing two sets of fans together should be cut out. It gets on my wick they've been in the Prem for so long. Nobody wants to see such shit followings. Fair play to them, they've been good enough to last for so many years but had they gone up in a different year things might have been different. They were a product of being promoted and a profitable time, whereas it was the opposite for us. Decent lower league club but certainly not one that should be a regular in the Prem.
Hollism Posted 15 February 2014 Posted 15 February 2014 Wonder what odds the bookies will give for consecutive relegations? Wonder if anyone would offer a price on them to win League One within 5 years
Mark 'expert' Lawrenson Posted 15 February 2014 Posted 15 February 2014 Hope they get relegated and don't come back for a long time. They have had their time in the Prem, now it's time for them to be in the wilderness. Farcical club.
Fox92 Posted 15 February 2014 Posted 15 February 2014 To be fair pal I think you're a bit of a salad most of the time but you're 100 per cent bang on about stuff like this. They had 12k stood and singing at a EUROPEAN FINAL the other year FFS. As Leicester fans we'd kill to get beyond the first stage of the Europa League, let alone achieve that! Automatically describing one set of fans or the other as "tinpot" or "no-marks" is the trademark of a fvckwit with no clue. Like the kind of idiots at our place who sang "You never won fvck all" to Wolves the other year. In short, I agree with you on this one. lol I make some good points at times.
Super_horns Posted 15 February 2014 Posted 15 February 2014 Strange to let the guy bring in 5 players including an 11 million pound striker...then get rid.
theessexfox Posted 15 February 2014 Posted 15 February 2014 Who determines who 'should' be a top flight club? Surely its league position, not Kitch?
Mack Posted 15 February 2014 Posted 15 February 2014 For me this is putting right the mistake of hiring Meulensteen and the awful appointment of Ray 'Sideways' Wilkins in December, which should never have happened in the first place. Cardiff and West Brom look like relegation fodder to me so with a positive change now and only 4 points from safety you can see why with the way they were playing that this was done. Whoever employed Meukensteen / Wilkins in the first place also needs the boot.
Donut Posted 15 February 2014 Posted 15 February 2014 Fulham have been in the premiership for 10 years because theyve played football worthy of the status to sustain being in there. Weve been outside the premiership for 10 years because we havent. Size of support is irrelevant. The size of your away support should determine how good you are? whatever.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.