Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Blackburn Post Match thread

Pretty sure you were the one who started with the semantics?!

My contention is that this is a bit of a "mystic Meg" post. It is a truism that if King is introduced effectively (your definition of which is being the right player at the right time) he will change the game positively for us.

Obviously you're right - King is a good player if "introduced effectively", much in the same way that Bernie would be a good player if he was "introduced effectively" by your definition.

Interestingly (given our disagreements over his merits) I'd not have brought King on yesterday. I thought that as soon as Hammond came on we got control of the midfield and Nugent was struggling horribly and was being carried. Wood or Phillips would have given us an option where the ball might have had a better chance of "sticking" and also provided a calm finisher as half-chance after half-chance dropped in the penalty area. Perhaps that's what NP thought King would offer though, so I don't have any real complaints.

To be fair, you were there and I wasn't so I accept that.

I was actually being positive towards King. Yesterday was the type of game (chasing the win) that I was pleased to see him introduced. And it appears he very nearly got the late winner.

:thumbup:

Hi guys, I have just joined the forum and frankly I am shocked at all the negativity surrounding the Blackburn game!

Crikey we came away with a point - the last 4 games 10 points - I hardly think its time to start panicking!

We are unbeaten in 17 (i think)

We just need to stay calm Tuesday night, get 3 points and then go to Burnley and try and win the game from the start!

If we get a draw - we will still have 8 points between is.

Welcome to Foxestalk!

Hi guys, I have just joined the forum and frankly I am shocked at all the negativity surrounding the Blackburn game!

Crikey we came away with a point - the last 4 games 10 points - I hardly think its time to start panicking!

We just need to stay calm Tuesday night, get 3 points and then go to Burnley and try and win the game from the start!

Love this post, welcome! 

An effective introduction of a player is bringing on the right player, at the right time to change how we are playing in a positive way.

All I was asking is whether King came on and changed the game in any way? Not to enter into a big debate on semantics! lol

To give a short answer: No.;)

He could've had an impact if he had been brought on earlier. But that's something we'll never know.

Welcome to Foxestalk!

Anyway, should we win on Tuesday and get a draw against Burnley, we'll still be separated by five points.

Unless Burnley drop points against Doncaster on Tuesday, which is rather unlikely.

Up to when we scored, we were class. Our passing was fast, incisive and uncannily accurate. Our off-the-ball movement and anticipation were a joy to watch but Jamie's goal seemed to be the kick-start Blackburn needed as they forced 2 corners in quick succession. As the teams left the field at half-time, I think Blackburn were the happier, having been gifted the opportunity to get back into the game, courtesy of the consequences of a stupid, ridiculous back pass to nobody but which went for the corner (despite the efforts of Kasper to stop it) from which they scored. 

The first ten minutes of the second half was all Blackburn and the fact that we survived was down to superlative saves by Kasper and the tenacity of Jeff Schlupp. We gradually got ourselves back to an even-keel but now the swagger wasn't there. The precision of the first half was 'almost there but not quite'! Furthermore, the ref either needed contact lenses or had a different rule-book to everyone else. 

The subs! I would have taken off De Lait rather than Knocky and later replaced Nugent with Kevin Phillips, goal-machine-extraordinaire - that's all he does!

My MoM yesterday was Kasper. But for his brilliance, that undefeated run could have terminated  at Blackburn!

As it is though, 'We're top of the league, we're top of the league, we're Leicester City, we're top of the league!.

A bit late doing my analysis, didn't get in until 9:30 last night, just at time to have something to eat and then go straight to bed! God it took forever to get home!

On performance itself, I wouldn't it was our strongest performance or either our weakest but i felt one or two individuals who've been good for us mostly all season had a poor game yesterday. some of them looked tired to me! To be honest pre match I had a feeling we were going to lose this and i was thinking in the back of mind I'd take a draw, and of course I'm happy with the point we got but the chances and sitters we missed we're unbelievable! Like I said one or two weren't at there best yesterday and on there usual day they would have put them away! I felt the subs yesterday were a little strange! We needed a goal and weren't putting our chances away and the best man to help solve that problem is normally.... super kevin phillips! and we didn't bring him on!

Anyway I'm not moaning I'm pleased we're still unbeaten. Maybe we just need to give a few a rest come Tuesday, anyone agree?

I understand the subs. We were getting murdered. The aim of the subs was to hold onto the away point. Sure it would've been nice to bring KP on near the end but we needed 3 subs to regain control of the game.

After a slow beginning,first half we were in the ascendancy.Blackburn caused our defence problems,though,as 12 corners shows.

We handed them a lifeline with a corner conceded uneccessarily before half time then leaving the CB unmarked for a free header. It spurred on Blackburn and I thought we were lucky to survive their good spell after half time.Vardy has put away a few of those chances from tight angles but it wasn't to be this time.He may have paid too much attention to the defender who had run into the goal. Kingy also came close at the death.

Not a bad point.Blackburn appear inconsistent and posed a greater threat than their recent form had suggested.Still well clear of 3rd!

During the game I had a meltdown - I have re-grouped - We're going up, even our negativity cannot cockadoodle this one up!

Just thought, can't believe no-one has mentioned (Unless i've missed it) the stretcher wheelbarrow! :crylaugh:

What the fuck was that?!

One of those pointless inventions on Dragons Den?

Just thought, can't believe no-one has mentioned (Unless i've missed it) the stretcher wheelbarrow! :crylaugh:

What the fuck was that?!

What annoyed me about that incident was when they had eventually got the injured player on to that contraption, they were allowed to go back across the pitch instead of round the path even though he was only just on the field.Then before we were allowed to take the corner, their sub was allowed on and took his place in their defense..

Yet this ref had seen fit, moments before this incident, to book Kasper for time--wasting. That was of far more concern to me. The last thing we want in these closing stages is for Kasper to be suspended by default.

Archived