Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Blackburn Post Match thread

Can all change so quickly though. Only needs us to lose Tuesday and Saturday and them to pick up 6 points and suddenly we're in 2nd (ableit with a game in hand). Gonna be a long final run in. We deserve to win the title.

Alright then we're fvcked.

No.. we won't be if we finish below them will we... there would be no travesty, we would simply have less points.

Which would be a travesty considering we're better than them.

Alright then we're fvcked.

Which would be a travesty considering we're better than them.

Careful you're starting to sound like a Forest fan

Just seen Vardys horrible miss on the FLS. That makes not winning harder to swallow. No excuse not to score from there when he's been doing it all season.

It was a strange one, like you said normally he would score those. I think he just got the ball caught up in his feet for a split second and that was probably the difference

I suggested he should have been brought on today and wondered if his addition did actually get us going forward again.

King serves a purpose if introduced effectively.

How can a player be "introduced effectively"?

Either you play well or you don't, be it over 90 minutes or as a substitute. Can't see what this has to do with his "introduction". :dunno:

How can a player be "introduced effectively"?

Either you play well or you don't, be it over 90 minutes or as a substitute. Can't see what this has to do with his "introduction". :dunno:

Introducing him at the right time, such that it has an impact. An effective introduction, one that will make a positive difference.

Is that really so hard to get or are you just being awkward?

The game at Burnley looks like being a title decider of sorts now.

If we just win our home games we'll have 96 points. That should be more than enough for the title. They need to beat us we don't need to beat them and we still have a game in hand.

If we just win our home games we'll have 96 points. That should be more than enough for the title. They need to beat us we don't need to beat them and we still have a game in hand.

I agree with you. We've got a comfortable lead over Burnley and they are not a better team than us. They have dropped points to weaker teams in recent weeks too.

Having said that we could go the rest of the season unbeaten and still finish outside the top two. Unlikely but possible.

Introducing him at the right time, such that it has an impact. An effective introduction, one that will make a positive difference.

Is that really so hard to get or are you just being awkward?

But that doesn't depend on his introduction, that depends on whether the player himself plays well.

A manager can only hope his substitutions will be effective and a game changer, the effect itself is dependent on so many other factors.

The "right time" is an absolute assumption.

The introduction is the measure, the playing time the purpose and (possibly) making a positive difference. I think you're mixing up both terms.

But that doesn't depend on his introduction, that depends on whether the player himself plays well.

A manager can only hope his substitutions will be effective and a game changer, the effect itself is dependent on so many other factors.

The "right time" is an absolute assumption.

The introduction is the measure, the playing time the purpose and (possibly) making a positive difference. I think you're mixing up both terms.

An effective introduction of a player is bringing on the right player, at the right time to change how we are playing in a positive way.

All I was asking is whether King came on and changed the game in any way? Not to enter into a big debate on semantics! lol

If the other teams just behind us had of dropped points then it would have been a good result. It's a decent point but we need to post another win on Tuesday to consolidate it. That will be tough as Yeovil are really scrapping now.

I think we need 3 points on Tuesday as I can't see us winning at Turf Moor. Big few weeks coming up as we also really need to take full advantage of our game in hand too.

There seems to be a fair bit of negativity about. Can't win 'em all, lads.

We weren't terrible other than for a spell after half-time. We had enough chances to win (although so did they) and. A draw was about right. We're still well clear of second (forget third, we're up) and if we avoid defeat at Burnley then that's wrapped up as well. Stop worrying and enjoy what's happening. This doesn't come round very often. Look forward to Yeovil and surpassing our unbeaten games record at this level. You're watching history being made.

Hi guys, I have just joined the forum and frankly I am shocked at all the negativity surrounding the Blackburn game!

Crikey we came away with a point - the last 4 games 10 points - I hardly think its time to start panicking!

We are unbeaten in 17 (i think)

We just need to stay calm Tuesday night, get 3 points and then go to Burnley and try and win the game from the start!

If we get a draw - we will still have 8 points between is.

I agree with you. We've got a comfortable lead over Burnley and they are not a better team than us. They have dropped points to weaker teams in recent weeks too.

Having said that we could go the rest of the season unbeaten and still finish outside the top two. Unlikely but possible.

You were doing well until your last sentence? There is no way we could finish outside the top two if we remain unbeaten. Derby and Qpr would have to win all of their remaining nine fixtures, both are currently fifteen points behind us. Both of these teams have tricky fixtures coming up Qpr have to play us. So neither are going to win all of their remaining fixtures. I strongly believe we are up already it is just a matter of finishing first or second?

You were doing well until your last sentence? There is no way we could finish outside the top two if we remain unbeaten. Derby and Qpr would have to win all of their remaining nine fixtures, both are currently fifteen points behind us. Both of these teams have tricky fixtures coming up Qpr have to play us. So neither are going to win all of their remaining fixtures. I strongly believe we are up already it is just a matter of finishing first or second?

Aren't you proving my point?

We can stay unbeaten with 10 draws therefore unbeaten in 27. That would give us 91 points. Derby could get 93 points, QPR 91 (and better goal difference) we finish 4th.

Sure it's unlikely but "mathmatically" possible.

An effective introduction of a player is bringing on the right player, at the right time to change how we are playing in a positive way.

All I was asking is whether King came on and changed the game in any way? Not to enter into a big debate on semantics! lol

Pretty sure you were the one who started with the semantics?!

ttfn, on 22 Mar 2014 - 11:35 PM, said:

Is that not self-evident? Obviously if he is being used effectively he serves a purpose!

Introduced?

My contention is that this is a bit of a "mystic Meg" post. It is a truism that if King is introduced effectively (your definition of which is being the right player at the right time) he will change the game positively for us.

Obviously you're right - King is a good player if "introduced effectively", much in the same way that Bernie would be a good player if he was "introduced effectively" by your definition. 

Interestingly (given our disagreements over his merits) I'd not have brought King on yesterday. I thought that as soon as Hammond came on we got control of the midfield and Nugent was struggling horribly and was being carried. Wood or Phillips would have given us an option where the ball might have had a better chance of "sticking" and also provided a calm finisher as half-chance after half-chance dropped in the penalty area. Perhaps that's what NP thought King would offer though, so I don't have any real complaints.

Archived