Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Blackburn Post Match thread

Thought it was a cracking advert for Championship football. We weren't at our best, but they deserve some credit. Either side could and should have won it. In the end a point was fair, and I think I'd have taken that beforehand. They're a good side.

I don't know why people are freaking out, do you think we'd win every game? Burnley and Derby won, yeah and? We're still way clear of Derby and 5 points ahead of Burnley with them to play next week. Chill out.

We were a joy to watch. For the first 40 minutes or so, we ran them rugged. And then De Laet switched off and came up with this horrendously mistimed backpass that allowed Blackburn to score from the resulting corner. It was a bizarre twist of events. Blackburn had little to no recipe for our playfulness. They are one of the most one-sided and boring sides I have ever seen. Their gameplan consists of exactly one move: Pass the ball to the wingers and whip a long ball in, hoping for Rhodes to head it in.

Blackburn bossed the first 20 minutes or so of the second half, they were much more dominant and willing to score and we put in a shocking display, lots of mistimed and very poor passes, second to the ball all the time, lacklustre behaviour from a lot of otherwise solid players. It felt as if all that drive and spark from the first half had evaporated in the matter of seconds. Schlupp was my scapegoat for the beginning of the match, but he improved tenfold as the game progressed. Instead, De Laet gave way with his poor standards and positioning, Knockaert simply disappeared and our midfield in general was overrun by the Rovers after the half-time break. Hence the suitable replacement with Hammond, which gave us back our stability.

Nugent hardly ever found into the game and Vardy wasted a glorious chance to give us a 2-1 lead.

The referee didn't help, either. Many fouls were simply overlooked, he was way too lenient and often in favour of the hosts (but not only).

Then again, Blackburn had a few good chances in the second half, as well. So all in all, a draw is a fair result.

Still, Yeovil at home just around the corner and the unbeaten run still going strong. Let's put it this way: As mentioned by others before, in previous seasons we would have lost games like these.

Poor old nuge, top scorer and top assister and that's still not good enough

Vardy and nuge are a very successful striking partnership, they have an understanding of eachothers game

Don't dispute he's top scorer and assists, but that performance today was shocking, and his form is in decline, as stated it's a squad game, and myself and I think a few others are saying is, if your not in form, there is players good enough to step in, and they are chomping at the bit to get the chance.

Alright so I'm not allowed to be negative so here it goes, we were absolutely amazing, Blackburn were so lucky it was unbelievable we are the champions not these pikeys from the north. Everyone was outstanding, just Paul Robinson was superb for them. Come on Yeovil another easy 3 points,

You need to do our post match team talks.

Burnley are starting to worry me now, they're really not letting up and have a piss easy run in to end the season (excluding us of course) I think it's vital we get something out of the game with them.

Piss easy? They have to play us, Wigan and Ipswich at home, go to Reading, Watford away isn't so comfortable nowadays.

Just got back to London from Blackburn; my god it's grim up north! Wet, windy and absolutely freezing. Best thing about the day was the cheap beer and simultaneously watching Arsenal and Forest getting stuffed! 

Decent point in the end, thought we created some good chances but would have been harsh on Blackburn if they didn't get something out of the game. They grew in confidence after their goal, which seemed to come out of nowhere, but we recovered well for the last 20 minutes. 

I think we'll see Lloyd Dyer come back on the bench for Tuesday night but can't see Paul Konchesky coming back in any time soon given the way Jeffrey's playing; thought he attacked very well today and crossed the ball well. 

Not a terrible result but we definitely weren't at our usual levels, the first 15 minutes of the second half were pitiful.

Could've gone either way but neither side fancied taking their best chances. On we move. We'll still win the league.

A good point in the end,though we created lots of chances our passing was poor.

Could of lost this game and would of done last season,if it was not for the introduction of Hammond we would have.

What a player to bring on he totally anchored our midfield,we went from being battered to being well on top....that's been key to our success in the fact we have a really good bench to choose from.

Don't anyone on here go out on Sat night...?

lol

Sounds like a draw was a pretty much fair result.. maybe we shaded it?

I'm more than happy with a draw personally. 17 unbeaten now.

I wouldn't be shocked though to see Burnley overtake us in the end.

Don't anyone on here go out on Sat night...?

lol

Sounds like a draw was a pretty much fair result.. maybe we shaded it?

I'm more than happy with a draw personally. 17 unbeaten now.

I wouldn't be shocked though to see Burnley overtake us in the end.

Staying in on foxestalk is the new going out.

Just got back.

It was a really weird game. First half we were the better side and to be honest aside from one Rhodes effort they never really looked like scoring. Then De Laet, after surging back and making a great interception suffered what appeared to be a complete meltdown, his backpass to Schmeichel being not only completely mis-directed but massively overhit. Obviously they then scored from the corner.

The first 15 minutes of the second half was an absolute shambles - the players were almost to a man half asleep. Blackburn to their credit really took a hold of the game and were assisted by a succession of odd refereeing calls in their favour and really should have gone ahead in that time given the quality and quantity of possession they had.

Pearson then got a grip on the game by bringing on Hammond, who had one of the best games I've seen him have for us. He also took the wise decision to put De Laet out of his misery. After a pretty good first 42 minutes, De Laet completely fell apart after his backpass disaster and made a mistake almost every time he got the ball.

As soon as those 2 came on we got back on top, and the quality of chances we created and squandered was remarkable. First Vardy rounding the keeper, electing not to shoot left footed into an open net (as he has done successfully a couple of times lately) and bringing it onto his right as the angle narrowed. He still should have scored, hit the post and Nugent's reaction was too slow to turn it in. Then Drinkwater (a couple of times), James and Mahrez (a couple of times) all had great chances to win the game but it wasn't to be. There was a really odd reluctance to shoot from Vardy on a few occasions when he got put through.

Anyway all-in-all it was a fair result. As Shakespeare said we had the better chances but overall they were on top. Certainly some food for thought for Pearson though as Drinkwater and James were overrun for a 15 minute spell at the start of the second half for the first time in a while. I wouldn't be at all surprised for us to move to a 4-2-3-1 against Burnley next Saturday.

Did King make a difference?

Genuine question.

Archived