Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Woollett's Wellies

Vietto from the Argentine

"The Maradona of the .............." used to be the phrase.

Like, Georghe Hagi was "The Maradona of the Carapathians" (though he was quite good)

In a similar vein, presumably Wes Hoolahan is "The Maradona of the Norfolk Broads", Nicky Maynard is "The Maradona of the Cotswolds", Nuge is "The Maradona of the Mersey Delta" and Gary Taylor-Fletcher is "The Maradona of Morecambe Bay"?

If so, what's to stop this lad Viennetta from becoming "The Maradona of the Vale of Belvoir"?

lol

Magic post Alf..

Viennetta! lol

As long as he's not the Gary Coatsworth of Patagonia.

lol

Why is it ? this is set to be the most exciting period in the clubs entire history ffs

Its exciting not a nightmare!!!!!!!

A nightmare is signing Geoff Horsfield and Darren Kenton. Weve been there.

It's going to be constant building up of hopes to be shot down lol I wasn't entirely serious but I'm not won over until these players are actually signing.

Dear God I'm so desperate for Akinbiyi to be wiped off our record books ad our most expensive signing.. and to think it could be with this guy....

I don't care if he turns out to be bang average it would sound so much more sexy having him as our record signing instead of Akinbiyi..

A valid point.

He looks one hell of a player and it'd be an exciting signing, but I haven't been wanting promotion just to be linked to the same names as Arsenal and Liverpool. Far much more to it than that.

Half the goals on the video took massive bits of luck via defenders legs to give him the chance or weren't that difficult. One or two glimpses of real promise ut I'd hope there's more examples of those

A valid point.

He looks one hell of a player and it'd be an exciting signing, but I haven't been wanting promotion just to be linked to the same names as Arsenal and Liverpool. Far much more to it than that.

I did find an article where he was linked to Real Madrid. Would that ease your pain?

Or just confirms that there's basically very little chance he'll be coming here.

Well no - A lot of these links are utter rubbish: remember the days of Hellings and Kaebi supposedly signing for us amongst offers from top teams? 

Well no - A lot of these links are utter rubbish: remember the days of Hellings and Kaebi supposedly signing for us amongst offers from top teams? 

I was about to say, Kaebi and Hellings were Ballon D'or contenders.......werent they?

Every chance this guy could come here if the deal is right for all parties

I'm not trying to be a killjoy but there's going to be things like this every day.

The real excitement is when you see players like him holding up the shirt bringing out the biggest possible grin in Pearson for a photoshoot.

I am laughing seeing our name amongst Arsenal & Liverpool but I'm reading very little into it.

Tbh that is the kind of figure I expect to be seeing coming into the club 6m for a premier league quality striker is nothing these days. And realistically that's the kind of money we need to be spending . 25 m on 4-5 decent players I would be happy

I'm not trying to be a killjoy but there's going to be things like this every day.

The real excitement is when you see players like him holding up the shirt bringing out the biggest possible grin in Pearson for a photoshoot.

I am laughing seeing our name amongst Arsenal & Liverpool but I'm reading very little into it.

There's a thread in itself about how people view these sort of rumours. Some have a similar view to yourself. Some dismiss them out of hand! Some even seem to get angry! I like to see them and analyse what I think the chances are of the player actually signing then follow how things develop, (if they do actually develop). Personally I don't find them exciting until the same stage as yourself. Interesting would be the word I'd use. The scope for amateur psychology is immense! TBJS posts often make me howl with laughter! There's a sheaf of scientific papers that could be written there, in fact, a whole career!  

There's a thread in itself about how people view these sort of rumours. Some have a similar view to yourself. Some dismiss them out of hand! Some even seem to get angry! I like to see them and analyse what I think the chances are of the player actually signing then follow how things develop, (if they do actually develop). Personally I don't find them exciting until the same stage as yourself. Interesting would be the word I'd use. The scope for amateur psychology is immense! TBJS posts often make me howl with laughter! There's a sheaf of scientific papers that could be written there, in fact, a whole career!  

Yeh can see why it's interesting and my 'nightmare' comment was tongue in cheek, but this will be the first of hundreds.

No harm thinking of it hypothetically. It's surreal to imagine us spending £6mil on a South American wonderkid lol He does look one hell of a talent.

Yeh can see why it's interesting and my 'nightmare' comment was tongue in cheek, but this will be the first of hundreds.

No harm thinking of it hypothetically. It's surreal to imagine us spending £6mil on a South American wonderkid lol He does look one hell of a talent.

Oh Absolutely! For what it's worth, which is not a lot, I could see us putting in a cheeky bid. Nothing like the figures mentioned to see if Racing Club bite. Whether the player himself would want to come is something else of course.

Archived