Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Woollett's Wellies

Vietto from the Argentine

Half the goals on the video took massive bits of luck via defenders legs to give him the chance or weren't that difficult. One or two glimpses of real promise ut I'd hope there's more examples of those

You'd probably prefer Nugent...

This guy looks a top, top player.

Just watched the video, I'm convinced, buy him. I'll chuck a couple of quid in to get the ball rolling. Seriously, I know it was only a compilation video, and one for Nuge/Vards from this season would look bloody good, but he looks 'andy. Lets get in there before bloody redknapp does

No doubt he looks quality but Giaccherini at Sunderland has struggled with the physicality of the Premiership and I fear this lad would do the same. You could argue that Agüero is small but he's stocky whereas Vietto is too short and skinny.

No doubt he looks quality but Giaccherini at Sunderland has struggled with the physicality of the Premiership and I fear this lad would do the same. You could argue that Agüero is small but he's stocky whereas Vietto is too short and skinny.

Or you could argue that we won't really have a clue until we see him play regularly, if we see him play regularly, which is unlikely.

Or you could argue that we won't really have a clue until we see him play regularly, if we see him play regularly, which is unlikely.

Yep, we would have to sign him first which won't happen.

Coutinho and Sterling are about 2 stone wet through and they seem to be doing ok. The championship is arguably tougher than the prem in terms of physicality and Mahrez seems to be fairing ok too.

From the era of 00/01 CM wasn't it? Alexander Farnerud, Kabba Samura, Stefan Selakovic, Ibrahimovic, people were backing Sweden to win the 2006 World Cup on the back of it, they all turned World Class, they got Zlatan right mind didnt they? 300k from Malmo you got him for on one of the versions, turned into one of the best in the World.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherno_Samba

Now unattached having been released from a second division Norweigan side.

Coventry (who else) have the embarrassment of him having conceded the only league goal he ever scored anywhere. lol He was from the early 2000 football era when any kid who was 6ft+, black, pacey and played for a football team was selected to represent England at youth level.

What no Jonas Lunden? To Madeira? Justin Georcelin? The list is endless!

Coutinho and Sterling are about 2 stone wet through and they seem to be doing ok. The championship is arguably tougher than the prem in terms of physicality and Mahrez seems to be fairing ok too.

Mahrez is 5'10 and one of our players said he was deceptively strong whereas this Vietto guy is a striker and 5'8, Sterling and Coutinho play in midfield so don't have to deal with Kompany, Distin and Skrtel.

I think this kid seems to have a bit of class about him. Ok, we know we are basing our very small knowledge of his ability on a Youtube clip (hasn't always been the nucleus of success) but, he does seem to have that sharpness we will need in the Premiership.

After all, if Akinbiyi is worth £5m in the world of Mr Taylor...  :unsure:

Just imagine what gems  :pearson:  could unearth with a similar amount!  ;)

Mahrez is 5'10 and one of our players said he was deceptively strong whereas this Vietto guy is a striker and 5'8, Sterling and Coutinho play in midfield so don't have to deal with Kompany, Distin and Skrtel.

Yes and Giaccherini is a midfielder... A touch contradictory. Vietto is clearly a talented dribbler of the ball and likes to run at pace which is compensates for his lack of physicality. Being small has done too much damage to Messi has it?

Yes and Giaccherini is a midfielder... A touch contradictory. Vietto is clearly a talented dribbler of the ball and likes to run at pace which is compensates for his lack of physicality. Being small has done too much damage to Messi has it?

Messi is one of the greatest players ever. 

Good comparison...

I have contradicted myself there lol

But there aren't too many small skinny strikers in the prem.

Messi is one of the greatest players ever. 

Good comparison...

Sorry, I forgot Vietto has had such a long an established career that we can safely right him off for being too small... Serious question; are you autistic? I don't understand why people get so het up at comparison to a top player. I wasn't saying that he's as good as Messi, simply making the point that one of the greatest players of all time is very small and his physical ability hasn't held him back which was the point of my post. Next time I'll compare him to the footballing greats like Eric Odhiambo although that won't do my argument much good  :thumbup:

I have contradicted myself there lol

But there aren't too many small skinny strikers in the prem.

lol I do get where you're coming from though. Some players are good enough to get away with it by having a more complete game and being clever enough to compensate for a lack of physicality. Let's hope he follows in the vain of Messi, Aguero and Maradona  :ph34r:

The amount of talented South American players then go on to be very average players doesn't fill me with great hope mind you!  :D

Leicester to run the rule over Racing Club's Vietto

Leicester City scouts are due in Argentina this week to watch Luciano Vietto.

The 20-year-old forward, valued at £6miilion, is due to play for Racing Club against Gimnasia La Plata.

Leicester are ready to bring in around four new players ahead of their Premier League campaign with a right back and goalkeeper also on their wishlist.

Manager Nigel Pearson is keen on Feyenoord's 24-year-old Daryl Janmaat. The Holland defender has rejected new terms at his club and is poised to move to England, although Arsenal have also watched him in recent months.

article-2604290-1D1CA87300000578-176_634

+9

Prospect: Leicester are planning for life in the Premier League with signings such as Luciano Vietto (centre)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2604290/Stones-wanted-Chelsea-Arsenal-hots-young-Everton-defender-THE-TRANSFER-COLUMN.html#ixzz2yu9KMUmc 

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Archived