Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Woollett's Wellies

Vietto from the Argentine

This summer is going to be a nightmare.

Its exciting not a nightmare!!!!!!!

A nightmare is signing Geoff Horsfield and Darren Kenton. Weve been there.

To be fair, the situation regards Racing Club is one of we've taken advantage of before.

But seriously Nige wouldn't gamble so much would he?

As I've said in other threads, I don't think Pearson would consider it a gamble if a player came highly enough recommended by Walsh.

I believe that the two of them will work within the budgets we have, not that Pearson is only ever exclusively looking to sign bargain basement players. He's previously been forced to run on a tight budget so he's run on a tight budget, if the Premier League takes the gloves off then we'll punch appropriately. I firmly believe that.

The trust has to be there between Nigel and his scouts and between the management and the board. This is no bigger gamble than Mahrez and Knockaert were, relative to the budgets we were working within.

I'm not for one moment saying this transfer is happening, I think we'll see stories like this all summer and 95% of them will be bollocks. But I don't think Pearson will be purely, entirely conservative if Walsh and co' tell him a player is worth indulging in.

I don't see this one as a too risky a gamble personally because it is a position for which we already have options. A gamble would be signing a youngster for a position in which we need a proven first choice player.

I don't see this one as a too risky a gamble personally because it is a position for which we already have options. A gamble would be signing a youngster for a position in which we need a proven first choice player.

Also this.

His agent gives him a call and says 3 clubs are interested...Liverpool, arsenal and Leicester???? Would be interesting to see his reaction..

It's like they've copied my football manager approach of looking for anyone with a release clause.

As I've said in other threads, I don't think Pearson would consider it a gamble if a player came highly enough recommended by Walsh.

I believe that the two of them will work within the budgets we have, not that Pearson is only ever exclusively looking to sign bargain basement players. He's previously been forced to run on a tight budget so he's run on a tight budget, if the Premier League takes the gloves off then we'll punch appropriately. I firmly believe that.

The trust has to be there between Nigel and his scouts and between the management and the board. This is no bigger gamble than Mahrez and Knockaert were, relative to the budgets we were working within.

I'm not for one moment saying this transfer is happening, I think we'll see stories like this all summer and 95% of them will be bollocks. But I don't think Pearson will be purely, entirely conservative if Walsh and co' tell him a player is worth indulging in.

I agree with what you are saying. However it's clear that Pearson and Walsh do a bit of work at looking at a players personality and if they can fit into a new country.

You would suspect it's easy to receive truthful reports about players personality etc who play for teams a ferry ride away from this country.

However, would we get the same information from a player based in South America? It's a gamble. Players have struggled from the continent to make a hit here. Particularly when coming straight from SA to England rather than an European Latin country first (though Vietto has an Italian dual passport - so maybe comfortable with Europe).

His agent gives him a call and says 3 clubs are interested...Liverpool, arsenal and Leicester???? Would be interesting to see his reaction..

It's like they've copied my football manager approach of looking for anyone with a release clause.

"Leicester? they have that lad Taylor-Fletcher don't they? ****....next plane"

Just did a bit of a quick search to find other club interest. The Liverpool interest was at the beginning of February. Some of the reports mention Real Madrid and 'two unamed German clubs'. No mention since then that I can find in the press. Does that mean anything? Who knows.

19 goals in 61 apps, not prolific, but if he's attracting attention from Arsenal and Liverpool, and we signed him, probably gonna be alright. I REALLY DONT WANT THIS TO BE OUR COPENHAGEN LAD AT CARDIFF THAT WAS ABOUT 12 MILLION AND PLAYED TWICE

8million and pearson admitted he had looked at him and was quoted about 650k didn't he?

Vietto is being touted as the next Aguero, although better in the air. I assume he'll go to Spain or to Italy.

"The Maradona of the .............." used to be the phrase.

Like, Georghe Hagi was "The Maradona of the Carapathians" (though he was quite good)

In a similar vein, presumably Wes Hoolahan is "The Maradona of the Norfolk Broads", Nicky Maynard is "The Maradona of the Cotswolds", Nuge is "The Maradona of the Mersey Delta" and Gary Taylor-Fletcher is "The Maradona of Morecambe Bay"?

If so, what's to stop this lad Viennetta from becoming "The Maradona of the Vale of Belvoir"? 

"The Maradona of the .............." used to be the phrase.

Like, Georghe Hagi was "The Maradona of the Carapathians" (though he was quite good)

In a similar vein, presumably Wes Hoolahan is "The Maradona of the Norfolk Broads", Nicky Maynard is "The Maradona of the Cotswolds", Nuge is "The Maradona of the Mersey Delta" and Gary Taylor-Fletcher is "The Maradona of Morecambe Bay"?

If so, what's to stop this lad Viennetta from becoming "The Maradona of the Vale of Belvoir"?

GTF is "The Maradona of the Pub"

Archived