Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Reading Match Thread

Nuge having a go at mahrez earlier for not passing...then he smashes it at the defender....FFS!

He is a better player than you dave, give him the ball.

Can see woods coming on for Nugent soon he's just not clicking at all he looks absolutely shagged

Thoughts:

- Mahrez and Drinky clearly Prem quality players

- Schlupp needs to play as much as possible at LB for the remainder of the season. Great going forward, often naive defending. That side of his game is developing a little slower than I'd like as I think he should become a top drawer Prem player - but this needs to happen ASAP.

- We are so poor defending set pieces

- Wes and Nuge below par so far

I apologize..i don't go many games, i am not a real fan.

Apology accepted. But seriously, why the whingeing? This is a side that's going to get or go close to 100 points in a season with all sorts of records beaten. Yes, none of them are perfect but they're the best team in the division and the best team we've had in years.

Thoughts:

- Mahrez and Drinky clearly Prem quality players

- Schlupp needs to play as much as possible at LB for the remainder of the season. Great going forward, often naive defending. That side of his game is developing a little slower than I'd like as I think he should become a top drawer Prem player - but this needs to happen ASAP.

- We are so poor defending set pieces

- Wes and Nuge below par so far

top summary

Started slowly but have grown into the game. I put that down again to Drinky and Hammond not being farmiliar, but they've grown in stature as the game has progressed. The back four, as previously stated, need a rocket up their arses at half time though - Morgan in particular is having a very naff showing.

If we play the way we played for the second half, we'll win comfortably. As ever, I'll take draws away, but this game is there for the taking against an average Reading side who have punished us for our shocking defending of corners.

Kasper, Schlupp, Mahrez and Drinkwater all doing very well. Nugent, Dyer, Hammond and Morgan need to step it up.

Much better performance than Brighton, poor goal to concede and they should've had a penalty for handball by Hammond, going forward we look very threatening and a stunning hit by Drinkwater for the goal.

Mahrez best player on pitch, and their defenders are running scared from Vardy, Drinkwater doing his best in midfield but we are missing James terribly. If this is a chance for Lloyd and Hammond to show they are worthy of a place in next seasons 25 they are going to have to step it up big time in the second half.

Our disallowed goal was a shocking decision.

We are disgraceful from set pieces.

Wasyl, as much as I like him, cannot pass.

Schlupp needs to get his finger out his arse when defending.

Drinky and Vardy once again looking different class in comparison.

Hammond is awful. Not up to the pace of a championship game. If he was signed for experience, put him on the coaching staff. Don't try and pass him off as a Championship footballer. He can't even run.

Not the best game but Reading wanted it more until the equaliser. We need to go back to basics and get recent events out of our mind, whether that be the promotion or the drubbing we got on Tuesday.

And FFS let's learn how to defend set pieces!!!

Drinkwater looks so p*ssed off at the poor performance, which I love. That's a pro right there.

He always looks pissed off. :ph34r:

Agree though, he seems dissatisfied, which says enough for me. We're not doing ourselves justice at the moment.

We've not been shocking tonight but we've been a bit off the pace, we're better than this and should be beating these.

Hopefully the ref will pick up on his theatrical dives in the second half at one point I thought he'd be shoot the way he grimaces and goes down a superb actor !!

TBF, Mahrez needs to cut out the diving as well. Players who try to win free kicks rather than using their skill to prove they're better than the opposition annoy me.

Archived