Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Reading Match Thread

Schmeichel, De Laet, Morgan, Wasilewski, Schlupp, Dyer, Drinkwater, Hammond, Mahrez, Vardy, Nugent #lcfc

Subs: Logan, Konchesky, King, Moore, Taylor-Fletcher, Knockaert, Wood #lcfc 

Wanted to share this photo Alan Young posted. Fair play to Reading for this. :)

1518115_1466811903549744_138347546662936

We were very classy when they got promoted at The Walkers (as it was then) back in 05/06 (I think). I remember out playing them that day, but drawing and being a million miles from the Premier League. Nice little memory coming back to me now!

Really nice gesture by Reading.

I think Pearson saw it fit to shake up the starting eleven a bit and offer the "fringe" players like Hammond more playing time and also return to a pacey front two, with Vardy partnering Nugent.

Hopefully, Vardy can maintain all 90 minutes and holds through without taking another knock.

Konchesky's probably needed to deal with Reading's attacks a bit better, as opposed to Schlupp.

Could also be to irritate the opposition a bit, you can't always name the same starting eleven or else the other teams have it easier analyzing it - our subs may well prove crucial tonight.

Disappointed with that team, if we want to win the league we need to put out our strongest 11, not surprised Knocky hasn't started but Schlupp has done nothing to get dropped and would benefit from more experience at LB ahead of next season, but hey, what do I know. Nige is the man, and no doubt he'll be vindicated by 10:07

Hmm, if Schlupp is np's plans for the prem, then surely he has to be playing as much as possible, not saying Konch is shit, but we know what he can do, Jeff is still very much learning his trade and would benefit from as much game time as possible. The tougher the opposition the better.

Likewise if you are going to mix it up then surely King, Wood, Moore should be getting game time ahead of Hammond, Nugent and Was.

Strange line up from Nigel, but good to see Vardy back.

Archived