Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RizLCFC

Championship Prize Money

I read 60k the other day, which is feck all, tells you how much the FL is really worth I guess.

As for the play-offs, not sure now with new wembley to pay for, but I'm sure you used to be able to make nearly a million quid from the play-off final, sure even when we lost a couple the club took nearly 800k in share of revenue from gate receipts etc from the game.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20110629/football-league-play-off-rules_2293633_2358924

just looked here, implies, 50% of gate goes into a pot for the league to split up and 50% goes halves to the 2 finalists which as a conservative estimate of selling 80k at £30 a ticket, means you would go home with 600k.

Prize money is not mentioned in the league regulations but there is this tho

(d) The two Clubs finishing in the highest positions in The Championship and the winner of The Championship Play-Off Competition shall no later than the 31 May in that Season pay to The League the sum of £165,334 by way of contribution towards the cost of The League making Parachute Payments available to the Clubs relegated from The Championship and League 1 in any one Season in accordance with Article 75.

I love that 1st and play-off winners get a trophy. 2nd get relatively **** all for getting automatically promoted lol.

I'm sure Dyche will have something to say about that!

I think the money for coming 1st gets distributed amongst the rest of the Football League clubs

Bollocks to that.

They should go around all the other clubs and get a collection going to get us a farewell present, not taking our winnings, the scavs. 

The FL would have to hire wembley off of the FA so I reckon the FA would get all sales of refreshments and any fees from nearby vendors on wembley property, gates receipts, programme sales and tv revenues would go to the FL to pay the prize money for all FL payouts.

Archived