Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ceredigion

Smallest away following you've been part of

Charlton away Simod cup at Selhurst park dec 87 att. 1300 or same  venue november 89 - zds cup att 1500. 

Cant remember which one it was but I counted 20 in the away end and 18 were the london branch.

Simon Morgan and his brothers were chanting Pleat out from the seats.

Got charged a quid for programme - an a4 sheet folded in half.

Elm Park, Reading FC. I thought it was earlier than this but having researched it, it must have been 1988. We won 1-2 and there were so few of us there that a lady was walking around the terrace offering her bag of sweets to us to share. My mate was a Man U fan, and he came with me. I went along with him to watch utd v QPR later that season, it was a bit different in that away end I can tell you. LTID!

Newcastle away last time we were in the Premiership. The game got moved to mid week and there was only a handful of us there

I think you've got the wrong game mate. I went to Newcastle last time we were in the Premiership and it was a Saturday.

When we played them in the championship last the away game got moved to a bank holiday Monday if that's the one you mean.

Not leicester city but leicester United , played away at gosport borough near portsmouth 1989, equiv of conférence south, already relegated, i was thé only supporter, went on thé team coach, when we got there we were à player short and i ended up as a substitute(was given à players name!)Never got on, which i was disappointed as they were hammered 5-0 or something like that!

2009 King's Lynn FC vs Leicester City XI

Not sure what the away following was but the total game attendance was under 500 I should think.

DJ Campbell played...Lynn scored first...wonder if he had bet on.  :ph34r:

Not leicester city but leicester United , played away at gosport borough near portsmouth 1989, equiv of conférence south, already relegated, i was thé only supporter, went on thé team coach, when we got there we were à player short and i ended up as a substitute(was given à players name!)Never got on, which i was disappointed as they were hammered 5-0 or something like that!

Are you French?

I know this was a home game but I was at the Huddersfield town game in the simod cup in the late 80s on a very cold night in November I think when there were only about 3000 in Filbert St. That was a very unusual home experience. 

This has to be the best response so far. Was Ian Marsden still playing in goal for Leicester United at that point?

West Ham away friday night on sky, think 2004. Drew 2-2. We had Blackburn away on sunday, Watford away on tuesday and West Ham away on friday. Think we played Burnley away the week before. Took about 500.

2005 with the Gillespie goal that didn't touch the ground between Ian walker playing it out and the west ham Keeper (want to say bywater) picking it out of the net? Certainly looked dead on the TV - slightly surprising, you'd have thought a Friday night in London would be an attractive proposition.

Mine is possibly Southampton in 2008 when Stern John scored. It was a midweek and there was only a few hundred of us there. Also we played them in the cup a couple of months before and were absolute dogs**t that day so that may have put people off. Our last trip to Southampton was much, much better though!

The lowest away following I've ever been a part of is probably having gone to watch Basingstoke Town away at Whitehawk (a suburb of Brighton) during an international break this season. Went with a few mates who all support different teams. There was probably around 30-40 fans there (which is actually pretty good for the conference south). Whitehawk actually have a load of the old seating from the Withdean, it's a crap football ground though lol. Basingstoke lost 1-0 and were bloody awful. Great night out afterwards though.

West Ham away friday night on sky, think 2004. Drew 2-2. We had Blackburn away on sunday, Watford away on tuesday and West Ham away on friday. Think we played Burnley away the week before. Took about 500.

I was there for that, our fans used to be shit!

We'd easily take 1500 now.

Archived