Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxInTheBirstallBox

I saw Conrad Logan...

At the Hudders game yesterday I saw something so unbelievable i thought my eyes were playing tricks on me

It was around the 80th minute mark and we were 0-2 up, then there was a stirring at the bench, first nugent and wasyl got warmed up and then saw something beyond belief….

I saw Conrad Logan getting changed into his full kit! I got so exited i almost shat myself

Disappointed to a degree that he didn't come on, i guess Pearson just wanted to tease us all  :unsure: 

Maybe one day Logan, One day…..

Anyone know why he didnt travel home on the bus with the rest of the players? Saw him going out at we were leaving the ground and looked like he was sneaking to the car park on his own for a crafty fag lol

He's probably allowed to smoke, it's not like he needs to be match fit

to be serious though i really wish he would start me and my family used to know conrad fairly well and hes never thought about leaving because he has always wanted to be number 1, wish he'd at least get a chance because he is good keeper just not had the chance to show it

to be serious though i really wish he would start me and my family used to know conrad fairly well and hes never thought about leaving because he has always wanted to be number 1, wish he'd at least get a chance because he is good keeper just not had the chance to show it

Surely if he wanted to be number 1 he would leave?

Listening to the post match RL podcast this morning it was a joke by the players on the bench "demanding" to be subbed on :)

It was hilarious. NP said that he told his contact on the bench "If any more of the players stood up and begged to go on, then none of them would and should sit down" Then he added to Stringer, "Except Was, I'm scared to tell Was what to do" (Not verbatim, but you get the drift).

Nigel seemed LOADS more open and fun in his post match interview yesterday, a real side to him we know is there but rarely see/hear. Would love him to be more like that during the season.

Hes probably getting a comfortable wage for doing absolutely fvck all. Hes living the dream.

£3,000 a week wage

Promotion bonus (this was for all players) £6,000 per game featured in

Might not be ambitious or as good as our number 1. But id sit on the bench every week for that.

Hell I would stand there for 2 hours and listen to the same Conrad Logan jokes at the end of each match for that every week!

In Logan's last league game for Leicester he conceded 6 goals. One of those was scored by some ex-England guy called David Nugent...

To be fair would not have mattered who was in goal that night - thinking back over the years of watching City via Sky / Setanta that was quite possibly the worse game I have witnessed.

Confused by the bitterness towards Logan (not just posts in this thread, but others also). He's never kicked up a fuss about not playing and appears to be good for team spirit.

If it wasn't him on the bench it'd be someone else, probably earning even more for doing very little.

Confused by the bitterness towards Logan (not just posts in this thread, but others also). He's never kicked up a fuss about not playing and appears to be good for team spirit.

If it wasn't him on the bench it'd be someone else, probably earning even more for doing very little.

Well said!

Anyone know why he didnt travel home on the bus with the rest of the players? Saw him going out at we were leaving the ground and looked like he was sneaking to the car park on his own for a crafty fag lol

We stopped at a petrol station on the way home from Bolton on Tuesday and his friend pulled up behind us. He got out, I took a picture of him and my brother, then shook hands as I congratulated him on some of his wonderful pre-match free-kicks.  lol My brother asked about not going home on the team bus and he said his wife is expecting, so he had permission.

Really nice guy though. Not hate for the guy from me - every team needs a second choice keeper. I sat in the Wigan end of Burnley-Wigan the day before our game and they had Scott Carson on the bench - and that is a waste. For someone like Conrad, you can sit on the bench of a Championship team earning a steady wage. Or you can compete in relegation battles of League One teams, not be sure if you are getting a contract at the end of the season. I know which makes the most sense to me.  :scarf:

And as for the talk of the 6-1 loss to Portsmouth, Conrad Logan was probably our best player that night. Or Vitor. :pearson:  

Archived