Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Who are our biggest rivals?

Why Forest? Derby is nearer. I always figured the forest haters are the more jealous of their history. For me its Cov. I fooking hate them with a passion now I live near the backward Neanderthals. They have an awful attitude towards us.

Derby is further away...look it up ,by a tree and sheeps arse.

Oh Forest haters were there ,well before their best years.Cloughy and the 70s helped to quell it for some for awhile.

Coventry, we blew hot and cold, but Noel Cantwells days sealed their house of horrors days,

Plus speedways ..Lions vs Bees

Football has always been about local rivalries, if it wasn't it would be about as exciting as Rugger.

I despise co*, it's nice to see them 2 divisions below us but I do miss the excitement and nerves building up in the week before a game. I used to get up even earlier on the morning of the game so I could hate them for longer.

Yeah but rivalries have to be genuine, not made-up for the sake of it. Our rivalry with Forest just makes us look a bit desperate cos it’s one-sided.

Nottingham is 30 miles away. That’s the same distance as Sheffield is from Nottingham. That’s why it means nothing to Forest fans cos the rivalry to them is as meaningful as a Forest v Wednesday rivalry… ie, pretty non-existant, just geographically close-ish.

Proper rivalries are inter-city. Sheffield, Manchester, Liverpool.

I mean, why would you hate Coventry? There’s no history of a great connection between the teams, or great fixtures, or players who famously left one club for the other etc. They’re just geographically close. It probably means something if you live in Hinckley… but who lives in Hinckley? No-one that’s who.

Of course it's down to location in part but it's not only about location, it's also down to history.

In both rugby and cricket Leicester's biggest rivals are Northampton. 

However, there's absolutely no history against Northampton in football as Leicester have always been a tier 1 and 2 side whereas Northampton have always been a tier 3 or 4 side. We've been in the same league in only like 2 or 3 seasons in our entire historys. It's probably fair to say that if there was a history of playing each other on regular occasions then our games against Northampton would probably be considered a fierce rivalry,but as there's no history there they're not.

Have they?

I remember seeing an old sports mockery with them top 4 of Div 1 pre prem.

Why Forest? Derby is nearer. I always figured the forest haters are the more jealous of their history. For me its Cov. I fooking hate them with a passion now I live near the backward Neanderthals. They have an awful attitude towards us.

Not really relevant.

Not really accurate either. Derby's ground is 31.6 miles from the KP; the Sh!ty ground is 28.9 miles.

Yes, I am going to get a life. Yes, really i am.

Florest and the Sheep don't care about us.

But you just know had they both gone up and we had stayed down.

They would all return to there w4nking pits every nite and frantically be knocking one out.

Or when on there little jollies out together blowing each other.

3 teams in the play off's have my support to beat the sheep.

So both of them can rot ant the trent can overflow with tears.

They may not care about us but I bet they fvcking hate the fact.

WE ARE CHAMPIONS.

Living in Nuneaton has to be Cov for me too, loads of family and friends are Cov fans. I also think it helps because Cov don't have any proper rivals like us (they claim Villa but they see their rivalry with Blues and WBA as much bigger).

.... and it is a bacon batch for me too...

That's true mate, to be honest though Cov only really started hating Villa since they relegated back in 2001 since then they lived with a chip on there shoulder. 

Leicester wise

1) Coventry

2) Forest

3) Derby

4) Birmingham (not of one nicest of fans in the country) always an tense atmosphere when leicester play them

I cant stand coventry its an absolutely pitiful club, in a shithole of a city (or not in that city as the case is at the moment) with a bunch of generally halfbrained racist cvnts of fans, I cant wait for the day we draw them in a cup as they hopefully slide out of the football league for ever and we give the pricks one last thrashing to say bye

I cant stand coventry its an absolutely pitiful club, in a shithole of a city (or not in that city as the case is at the moment) with a bunch of generally halfbrained racist cvnts of fans, I cant wait for the day we draw them in a cup as they hopefully slide out of the football league for ever and we give the pricks one last thrashing to say bye

This is exactly why I love football

Guest bss9401

I think that a simple scenario sorts it. If your two biggest rivals played each other with Leicester completely out of the equation, who would you want to win? For me it would be painful but I would want the sheep to beat the chavs. I will add that I despise chav, sheep and snots pretty much equally, without fail wanting them all to lose and play between themselves in the conference. None of this local interest nonsense and to play them every season.

Not really accurate either. Derby's ground is 31.6 miles from the KP; the Sh!ty ground is 28.9 miles.

Yes, I am going to get a life. Yes, really i am.

As I don't get my mum to iron my pants, I generally don't have time to check.

Astonished its nearer.

Anyway my point and question is, why the hate for forest?

I don't feel like we have any rivals :( I personally dislike Derby (because of Robbie Savage) and Chelsea because we had a thick Chelsea family in my street as a kid who were complete and utter ******! My dad foams at the mouth talking about Forrest so there must be something there!!!

However I think next season it will be Hull! Foot in both camps etc. Also we will hopefully be similar league positions.

As I don't get my mum to iron my pants, I generally don't have time to check.

Astonished its nearer.

Anyway my point and question is, why the hate for forest?

Did your parents ever say to you..."if you dont know son, you never will".

Living in Nottingham for most of my life I can confirm there is a very strong hatred from those lot towards us. As if it needed confirming. The trouble is some people actually listen to that stuff about only hating Derby sometimes. The rivalry between me and my "mates" is so fierce that I hate that club as much as is possible for a fan and I have never felt like I'm missing out on a rivalry like some people do on here.

The funniest thing for me is the Forest Derby rivalry isn't actually very famous at all outside of this region and that's what leads to the whole "your all on your own" thing. It annoys the hell out of them when sky in recent years always pick Leicester vs derby/forest over their own little love in. The "it's forest and derby, you're all on your own" chant is as embarrassing as football chants get and is so desperate to create a rivalry (ironically they accuse us of that). I mean, can you really imagine proper rivals like Celtic and Rangers or United and Liverpool singing a song like that?

The Leicester vs Forest game is a very fierce rivalry and always has been. From both sides. We aren't missing out on anything

Honestly, I do think you should stop beating about the bush and say what you really mean.

Archived