Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Who are our biggest rivals?

In all honesty, I don't think we have any proper rivals at all. I think the questio probably should be 'who do we want as our biggest rivals?'

I'd love to have a proper rivalry with a team, a game each season where both sets of fans look to it as the biggest game of the season.

For instance derby won't look at us before forest as a rival.

In all honesty, I don't think we have any proper rivals at all. I think the questio probably should be 'who do we want as our biggest rivals?'

I'd love to have a proper rivalry with a team, a game each season where both sets of fans look to it as the biggest game of the season.

I would agree with top 3 and maybe Villa 4th

I agree with your top 3 there but why Chelsea? :unsure:

It's a difficult one, because of our location we could call many teams "Rivals"

Agree with villa,

And chelsea was based on past clashes, it was always a big big game in the past which always ended up in fighting

Villa or chelsea it is then....

We won't go down, the other circus' wont come up ;)

I think if derby came up with us and we were isolated from forest for a while, that would become more important.

I compare our rival situation to that of Middlesbrough's, when Newcastle and Sunderland are together in a division they only care about eachother. When Sunderland and boro are isolated from Newcastle, that's the big game.

If you look at teams with potential to be rivals then I think it would be Derby or coventry.

I think the rivalry was strong when forest were in league 1 and we shared the championship with derby.

Don't understand why people think we have a rivalry with Chelsea, it aint the 80's anymore

I hate them because of Erland Johnsen.

Athletico Madrid are our biggest rivals by the way. I only recognise our European rivalries.

Don't understand why people think we have a rivalry with Chelsea, it aint the 80's anymore

I'm still a 'kid' but I can remember the rivalary from the 90s... Even the 4-3 loss at the Bridge. I think there will be a few old scores settled next season.

Athletico Madrid are our biggest rivals by the way. I only recognise our European rivalries.

Depends where in Leicestershire you're from. Don't even mention Red Star Belgrade over in Hinckley!

1. Forest

2. Derby

3. Cov

But I hate Villa. They have actually started towing Forest's line about not caring about their rivalry with Small Heath. Obviously they still sell out and that's all you hear about round here leading up to the game.

Depends where in Leicestershire you're from. Don't even mention Red Star Belgrade over in Hinckley!

1. Forest

2. Derby

3. Cov

But I hate Villa. They have actually started towing Forest's line about not caring about their rivalry with Small Heath. Obviously they still sell out and that's all you hear about round here leading up to the game.

lol

Crvena Zvezda, surely? Propa nawty stuff.

Domestic rivalry: Hull City. Nigel Pearson Trophy.

Of course it's down to location in part but it's not only about location, it's also down to history.

In both rugby and cricket Leicester's biggest rivals are Northampton. 

However, there's absolutely no history against Northampton in football as Leicester have always been a tier 1 and 2 side whereas Northampton have always been a tier 3 or 4 side. We've been in the same league in only like 2 or 3 seasons in our entire historys. It's probably fair to say that if there was a history of playing each other on regular occasions then our games against Northampton would probably be considered a fierce rivalry,but as there's no history there they're not.

Of course it's down to location in part but it's not only about location, it's also down to history.

In both rugby and cricket Leicester's biggest rivals are Northampton. 

However, there's absolutely no history against Northampton in football as Leicester have always been a tier 1 and 2 side whereas Northampton have always been a tier 3 or 4 side. We've been in the same league in only like 2 or 3 seasons in our entire historys. It's probably fair to say that if there was a history of playing each other on regular occasions then our games against Northampton would probably be considered a fierce rivalry,but as there's no history there they're not.

This.

The fact is - out of the 92 (and you can discount a lot of the regular League One/Two sides here too) not a single one of them has Leicester as their most local ground. Derby have Forest, Forest have Notts County (but consider Derby a rival due to size), Cov have Villa/Birmingham, Peterborough/Northampton have each other. We're no-one's local game.

Saying this, we aren't totally deprived of rivalry like other fans. Forest, Derby and Cov all love beating us and they all know they do.

What about Watford? :whistle:

We're all on our own.

I miss the posh lol

Think it has a lot to do with location.

Over melton way there are far to many fword numpties.

Loughborough has a split of fword and derby as does shepshed.

If you live west of leicester you probably spend time in the company of coventrys 2 fans.

When most of these were in our shadow our rivally seemed more intense with villa.

For the most part. I hate the tigers leicester not hull lol.

Archived