Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxyPalace.com

LCFC RETAINED LIST 2014-2015

Guest MattP

Blimey it's a tad scary apart from Mahrez every single player we own is out of contract at the end of next summer.

Terry Robinson is going to be a very busy man these next few months.

It is, just for a a reminder of how barmy the old twat was......(now the debt has cleared and we are up we can actually have a laugh at these now)

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/211581/Sven-hails-Steve-Howard-the-new-Vieri

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/eriksson-lauds-leicester-winger-gallagher-beckham-clone-1504591#.U2zvgKIZvqs

Classic spin from the press there. He's merely suggesting that they share qualities, I think he realised Vieri wasn't as good as Howard  ;) . On Gallagher though, he's probably about right. He's got a wicked right-foot and excellent technique he just has no physical attributes! He even compared Wellens to Xavi so I wouldn't take it all so seriously.

On the list though, I'm really impressed that the club has;

1) Got to it so early

2) Offered so many youngsters new deals

3) Been transparent enough to tell us which players they have and will have, offered contracts to. 

Excellent news.

:vichai: :pearson:  :top:

Guest MattP

Classic spin from the press there. He's merely suggesting that they share qualities, I think he realised Vieri wasn't as good as Howard  ;) . On Gallagher though, he's probably about right. He's got a wicked right-foot and excellent technique he just has no physical attributes! He even compared Wellens to Xavi so I wouldn't take it all so seriously.

Believe me no need to worry, I rarely took anything he said seriously.

It is, just for a a reminder of how barmy the old twat was......(now the debt has cleared and we are up we can actually have a laugh at these now)

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/211581/Sven-hails-Steve-Howard-the-new-Vieri

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/eriksson-lauds-leicester-winger-gallagher-beckham-clone-1504591#.U2zvgKIZvqs

It's almost as if he was trying to remind everyone about the calibre of players he'd "managed".

Gallagher has one year left on his contract. The club have been trying to offload him for the past two years but they can't shift him on the wages he's on.

Oh - and he gets a pay rise this summer because the club secured promotion  :o

Gallagher has one year left on his contract. The club have been trying to offload him for the past two years but they can't shift him on the wages he's on.

Oh - and he gets a pay rise this summer because the club secured promotion :o

Cheers Geoff

Hopefully we can mitigate the amount we pay him through loaning him out again...

Oh - and he gets a pay rise this summer because the club secured promotion :o

I heard almost double?

Happy with that tbh. First team players as expected. Really pleased we have kept Wasyl and GTF as there experience could be vital in the next 12 months. Nuge, Kasper and Dyer all good players if they are happy to stay. Hope we've got the youth players staying and going right and then that's happy days with regards to the out of contract players.

I heard almost double?

Thats a joke! A highly believable one at that...thank you Sven! We need to shift him. Do that for any small fee and or pay him off then that's good business for sure this summer!

After the season we've just had Pearson can offer his son a contract for however long he wants.

Hopefully PNE get promoted this season and they sign Gallagher. It really is frightening to think of what could have happened to the club if Sven had stayed any longer.

Imagine the damage he'd have done if he'd by some miracle actually got us promoted.

So paying Gallagher off would be expensive I understand that but around Christmas time when promotion was on the cards - far from being guaranteed and quite possible we could have gone on a bad run like the previous season but it was on the cards and we were going well. With that in mind would it not have been a fair gamble to have paid Gally off instead of keeping him, gaining promotion and now he has doubled his wages which we will have to pay for a year?

Surely it would be cheaper to have paid him off half way through this season? Let's be honest with his wages in mind no-one is going to buy him, certainly for no massive figure so I say we should have just cut our losses with him before now.

So paying Gallagher off would be expensive I understand that but around Christmas time when promotion was on the cards - far from being guaranteed and quite possible we could have gone on a bad run like the previous season but it was on the cards and we were going well. With that in mind would it not have been a fair gamble to have paid Gally off instead of keeping him, gaining promotion and now he has doubled his wages which we will have to pay for a year?

Surely it would be cheaper to have paid him off half way through this season? Let's be honest with his wages in mind no-one is going to buy him, certainly for no massive figure so I say we should have just cut our losses with him before now.

Any pay off would have had to include a figure for this coming year and whatever rise he was due.

Any pay off would have had to include a figure for this coming year and whatever rise he was due.

Fair enough. Spose' we may aswell keep him incase someone is stupid enough to come in to buy him, or simply take him off our hands for free.

Infact might even be worth us paying someone to take him off our hands.

Just think of the players we would be linked with.

At least we would be guaranteed to break our transfer record.

Five times in one summer.

It's a good job 2011/12 went tits up actually. It could've been a hell of a lot worse.

Archived