Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

City's Internationals

Bloody fantastic stuff get him back ASAP and might be ok for Saturday now.

Mali though, that could be some serious farce coming back.

Imagine the reaction on here if NP keeps Mahrez on the bench vs Sunderland after being rested tonight.

He's still got to fly back 2,000 miles.

Although if I recall correctly NP picked Schlupp in similar circumstances at Newcastle.

He's still got to fly back 2,000 miles.

Although if I recall correctly NP picked Schlupp in similar circumstances at Newcastle.

mali v algeria is a local derby. he'll be gutted to be rested!

flight back to algeria late tonight and then to uk later tomorrow. he might make it to light training friday morning. guess it depends how fresh he is having not played for us in weeks

They might border each other but there's no rivalry between them. Barely anyone lives in the South of Algeria or the North of Mali, the main towns are further apart than England and Spain.

Algeria v Morocco, Tunisia or Egypt on the hand!

Fans were killed in the 2009 play off between them and Egypt.

They might border each other but there's no rivalry between them. Barely anyone lives in the South of Algeria or the North of Mali, the main towns are further apart than England and Spain.

Algeria v Morocco, Tunisia or Egypt on the hand!

Fans were killed in the 2009 play off between them and Egypt.

I wasn't being serious matt - there is the small matter of the Sahara desert between the inhabited regions of each country. I bet Riyadh is good at jogging up and down on the touchline. Nigel has prepared him well for that!

Foxes Round Off International Action

Posted: Thu 20 Nov 2014 

Author: Leicester City

wood-nz-4-3-3957405280-1169333_478x359.j

Chris Wood, New Zealand

Image by: Action Images
Several Leicester City stars were in action across three different continents in the closing stages of the final international break of the year.
Riyad Mahrez’s Algeria suffered their first defeat in the African Cup of Nations qualifiers after losing 2-0 to Mali on Wednesday in Bamako, with the winger coming on as a late substitute in the defeat. 

A penalty from Seydou Keita and a late strike from Mustapha Yatabare meant both teams advanced to next year’s tournament, with Algeria finishing top of Group B. 

Over in Group E, Jeffrey Schlupp was an unused substitute in Ghana’s 3-1 victory over Togo in Kumasi, meaning his nation secured top spot and qualified for the 2015 tournament. 

Goals from Abdul Majeed Waris, Wakaso Mubarak and Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu meant the Black Stars ended the group stages of the African Cup of Nations one point ahead of second-placed Guinea. 

And in Group D, Alie Sesay’s Sierra Leone failed to qualify from their group, after rounding off their African Cup of Nations campaign with a 3-1 loss to Congo in Lubumbashi. 

A double from Crystal Palace’s Yannick Bolasie and a penalty from Cedric Mongongu was enough to see off Sesay’s nation, with the Development Squad centre-half missing the game through suspension after already picking up two yellow cards in previous matches. 

On Tuesday, Chris Wood captained New Zealand for the second game in a row, having scored a late equaliser against China in a 1-1 friendly draw last week in Nanchang. 

The striker couldn’t prevent the All Whites from suffering a 2-0 friendly defeat to Thailand, but the experience of leading his nation will certainly be something to savour. 

On the same day, City shot-stopper Kasper Schmeichel was an unused substitute in Denmark’s 2-0 friendly loss to Romania in Bucharest. 

And Under-21 striker Simonas Stankevicius came off the bench to play 24 minutes in Lithuania’s goalless friendly draw with Ukraine in Kiev. 

Meanwhile, young winger Tom Lawrence was an unused substitute in Wales’ 0-0 draw with a talented Belgium side on Sunday in Brussels. 

The result means Lawrence’s nation sit second in Group B in the European Championships, just one point behind table-topping Israel.

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/foxes-round-off-international-action-2093260.aspx#MlPhHRSgqj9Y3oLy.99

• 2 weeks later...

Under-21s Player of 2014 contender: Liam Moore
Read more at http://www.thefa.com/news/england/under-21/2014/dec/poty-liam-moore-041214#fjlvd9AvAfgtRTvA.99

Liam Moore was one of the stand-out performers for England Under-21s during 2014 with his six appearances.
Read more at http://www.thefa.com/news/england/under-21/2014/dec/poty-liam-moore-041214#rqBGPFImvm71EAck.99

• 3 months later...

Wood in New Zealand Squad

Tuesday, 10th Mar 2015 15:28

Loanee striker Chris Wood has been named in the New Zealand squad for a friendly against South Korea in Seoul on Tuesday 31st March but Blues defender Tommy Smith will not be involved.

Coach Anthony Hudson has named an experimental party including six uncapped players with a number of experienced regulars left out.

Wood, on loan with the Blues from Leicester for the rest of the season, has previously won 37 caps, scoring 13 goals.

• 2 weeks later...

Is our Lithuanian likely to be involved at Wembley? 

He's came on off the bench the last few games for Lithuania - their coach might look at him scoring and playing for our U21 + adding up the fact he lives and plays in England to actually start him.

I wish him the best.

He's came on off the bench the last few games for Lithuania - their coach might look at him scoring and playing for our U21 + adding up the fact he lives and plays in England to actually start him.

I wish him the best.

yes. all power to him. 

Going to Wembley so hope he starts.

Anyone think barmby might have a chance in the 1st team next season in the champ?

From what i've seen, his defensive work isn't up to scratch yet, I think he deserves a good season long loan out though.

This is a good read on Stankevicius, perhaps the hype/pressure of being a Lithuanian star may get to him, but he's developing well i'd say - this could only be a good thing getting on the pitch at Wembley, hope he scores a cracker.

Qatar 1 Algeria 0 so far, what have we done..

Archived