Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

City's Internationals

let's be fair nguessan, waghorn and marshall were awful for us more often than not, gradel was inconsistent but exciting but seemingly didn't fit, we hardly missed him.

mahrez in on a complete different level, leaving him out is like ancelotti telling ronaldo to train with the kids or hodgson not picking sterling for his next england squad etc. he's our best player by miles.

N'Guessan at Loftus Road in 2010 was like a young John Barnes.

I do think the situation with Mahrez/Knockaert gives that argument strength, but I won't lay into Pearson for it yet. It has been truly baffling that we're yet to see him on but I think it's more down to under-estimating ourselves as a team than it is not liking Mahrez. They watched this lad for a while did they not? Saw him hit form so early on that booked him a World Cup place and has arguably been our best player this season. I cannot believe it's because they don't rate him.

To be honest ealing, looking at that list, it really isn't great is it? I was never sold on Gradel and always found him to be a disappointment, Marshall pretty much the exact same, N'Guessan was bang average and now plays for Port Vale, Waghorn was quite clearly a one season wonder in a season we largely over-achieved. Mahrez/Knockaert are on another level to any of those.

he was sensational at blackpool once too. he barely controlled a ball in the rest of his however many seasons here though.

Be that as it may, Dany and I will always have that chilly October night. Just like me and Luigi Glombard at a rainy Portman Road.

They were simpler times.

let's be fair nguessan, waghorn and marshall were awful for us more often than not, gradel was inconsistent but exciting but seemingly didn't fit, we hardly missed him. 

mahrez in on a complete different level, leaving him out is like ancelotti telling ronaldo to train with the kids or hodgson not picking sterling for his next england squad etc. he's our best player by miles. 

N'Guessan when he first started playing for us = bagging for fun all over the place. N'Guessan after a bit of Pearson = muck.

Waghorn is a debatable one but indeed only got worse under Pearson.

Marshall when he first started playing for us = bagging absolute screamers for fun and delivering heavenly crosses. He showed us what he had in his locker, but rather than getting him to get it out and use it, Pearson made him padlock his locker, throw it in a bag, set fire to it and throw it off a cliff.

N'Guessan when he first started playing for us = bagging for fun all over the place. N'Guessan after a bit of Pearson = muck.

Waghorn is a debatable one but indeed only got worse under Pearson.

Marshall when he first started playing for us = bagging absolute screamers for fun and delivering heavenly crosses. He showed us what he had in his locker, but rather than getting him to get it out and use it, Pearson made him padlock his locker, throw it in a bag, set fire to it and throw it off a cliff.

Waghorn's best times for us were in his loan spell (Pearson) and the four or five games in late 2012 (Pearson).

waghorn got WORSE under pearson?! ok fair enough i get it you're trolling

Waghorn's best times for us were in his loan spell (Pearson) and the four or five games in late 2012 (Pearson).

Alright I hold my hands up I forgot it was Sousa and Sven that doggofied Waghorn. He'd already turned to muck by the time Pearson came back.

Alright I hold my hands up I forgot it was Sousa and Sven that doggofied Waghorn. He'd already turned to muck by the time Pearson came back.

Nige got him playing quite well for a few games, scored a couple, set pieces were threatening and hit the woodwork about six times in three games.

Mahrez will start next week, someone should tweet NP the video just in case he hasn't seen it.

Nige got him playing quite well for a few games, scored a couple, set pieces were threatening and hit the woodwork about six times in three games.

Mahrez will start next week, someone should tweet NP the video just in case he hasn't seen it.

Do you think he will?

I hope so, but personally i don`t, i think Pearson will say the same as last time.

He`s had alot of travelling, 2 games in a week, arrived back too late in the week etc.

I do think the situation with Mahrez/Knockaert gives that argument strength, but I won't lay into Pearson for it yet. It has been truly baffling that we're yet to see him on but I think it's more down to under-estimating ourselves as a team than it is not liking Mahrez. They watched this lad for a while did they not? Saw him hit form so early on that booked him a World Cup place and has arguably been our best player this season. I cannot believe it's because they don't rate him.

To be honest ealing, looking at that list, it really isn't great is it? I was never sold on Gradel and always found him to be a disappointment, Marshall pretty much the exact same, N'Guessan was bang average and now plays for Port Vale, Waghorn was quite clearly a one season wonder in a season we largely over-achieved. Mahrez/Knockaert are on another level to any of those.

I don`t think it`s that they don`t rate his ability, it`s that they don`t rate his work rate, his tracking back, and him helping his full back, which to be fair, is certainly not his strong point.

Personally i think he gives us a creative spark that we are sadly lacking, and should probably be the first name on the team sheet, but at the moment Pearson is more concerned about trying to nullify the other team, than trying to impose our game on to the opposition.

If we are to stay up this season, then in my opinion, this negative approach to games has to change, and the sooner, the better.

I don`t think it`s that they don`t rate his ability, it`s that they don`t rate his work rate, his tracking back, and him helping his full back, which to be fair, is certainly not his strong point.

Personally i think he gives us a creative spark that we are sadly lacking, and should probably be the first name on the team sheet, but at the moment Pearson is more concerned about trying to nullify the other team, than trying to impose our game on to the opposition.

If we are to stay up this season, then in my opinion, this negative approach to games has to change, and the sooner, the better.

That, unfortunately, is a lower league mentality. I'm not claiming work rate unimportant, but I wouldn't even say Mahrez was lazy. He hasn't got the work rate of say.. Vardy, but he doesn't stand out to me as being lazy.

If we're neglecting him on the basis of a poorer player's work rate then we will be stuck in this rut for a while.

oh god, he's got no chance getting back in now, look at his twitter, hitting out at nige a bit with the RT's

I think he just retweets everything mentioning him, and if Pearson would really not start our best player just because he retweeted two tweets mentioning him he really has to get over himself

I think he just retweets everything mentioning him, and if Pearson would really not start our best player just because he retweeted two tweets mentioning him he really has to get over himself

Do we know how good his English is? He might not even know what the messages mean lol

mahrez played 83 min for algeria today in a 3-1 win at home against ethiopia. mahrez had one assist for the equilizer and scored the second, he was again verry good as a left wing. in 7 games so far with algeria he has 2 goals and 6 assists !!

asked yesterday why he doesnt play with leicester, he said that the coach is confident on him and told him that he needs to try different systems and nothing against him.

asked also if he got any contact with other teams, he answered that he is happy with leicester, but some teams are interested in him without anything serious so far.

asked about the reaction of leicester coach about his participation in the african cup in january, he ansewred with laugh that this is probably the reason why his coach is not using him actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vc0eMru8Vw

Archived