Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

City's Internationals

So good to see him as undisputed first choice for Denmark's No.1 now though. Used to find it frustrating when he was behind the likes of Thomas Sorenson and Anders Lindegaard who never played for Stoke or Manchester United respectively, yet Kasper turned out strong performances week in week out for us.

He's mostly been behind Stephan Andersen who was Sørensens understudy for years. Lindegaard only played during those 6 months or so where SAF rotated between him and De Gea. Both keepers were playing at a higher level than Kasper then.

Great saves tonight!!

Christian Fuchs is in the Austrian squad that will be facing Russia later today (5pm kick-off).

Austria currently sits in first spot in Group G, four points ahead of Russia and five points ahead of Sweden.

If they win, they'd be in a great position to qualify for a European Championship for the very first time (excluding EURO 2008, where they were co-hosts).

Despite a typically solid defensive display, Leicester City skipper Wes Morgan couldn’t prevent Jamaica being edged out 1-0 by Uruguay in their opening Copa America match.
The Reggae Boyz went into the match as huge underdogs against the reigning and 15-time champions, but had a host of chances to cause an upset in Antofagasta, Chile on Saturday. 

Striker Darren Mattocks wasted a great opportunity to give Jamaica the lead just before half-time when he burst down the middle to go clean through on goal – only to scuff his effort wide. 

After the break Uruguay man Christian Rodriguez’s finish from close range proved to be decisive in the match, although former Derby County man Giles Barnes did have a good opportunity to level matters shortly afterwards. 

It wasn’t to be for Jamaica in the end, but their performance will give them great encouragement heading into their next group fixture against Paraguay – who fought back to secure a surprise 2-2 draw with Argentina in their opener. 

Over in Euro 2016 Qualifying Group I, it was a good night for Kasper Schmeichel and Denmark, as they kept up the pressure of leaders Portugal with a 2-0 home win over Serbia. 

The City ‘keeper played the full 90 minutes as goals from Yussuf and Jakob Poulsen proved enough in Copenhagen. Former Liverpool man Daniel Agger also saw a penalty saved. 

It was a victory that strengthened the Dane’s hold on the second automatic qualifying spot in the group, and left Serbia, who have had three points deducted, with on just one. 

In Africa Cup of Nations qualifying, Riyad Mahrez shone for Algeria as they cruised to a 4-0 home victory over the Seychelles to move top of Group J. 

It was the perfect result to open the qualifying campaign for Algeria, and for Mahrez, who played the full 90 minutes and contributed two assists. 

Islam Slimani opened the scoring before a brace from El Arbi Hillel Soudani put the hosts well in control. Tottenham’s Nabil Bentaleb rounded things off with a fourth in stoppage time. 

Keep up-to-date with Leicester City’s international contingent at LCFC.com.

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/internationals-morgan-schmeichel-and-mahrez-in-action-2492327.aspx#tMZCLH4rbZ8Rl5hj.99

Fuchs starts as captain for Austria today. Kick-off against Russia in a few minutes.

I'll give the England game 20 if it doesn't impress I might turn over to this game see how he gets on.

(I presume that game is on Sky on the red button?)

I'll give the England game 20 if it doesn't impress I might turn over to this game see how he gets on.

(I presume that game is on Sky on the red button?)

I couldn't tell - I'm watching it on an Austrian channel (ORF1). :D

Quality finish from Janko. SIGN HIM UP AS WELL.

Would like us to take a serious look at Junuzovic, he looks very good.

Would definitely have Junuzovic in a heartbeat but not Janko. Austrians are generally frustrated whenever he's been selected (today excluded of course)

Would definitely have Junuzovic in a heartbeat but not Janko. Austrians are generally frustrated whenever he's been selected (today excluded of course)

Yeah wasn't bein entrely serious about Janko, geezer's been playing in Australia ffs, good finish mind.

Junuzovic was one of a handful of impressive Austrian players. Look a tidy outfit.

Archived