Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dpjfox

Vincent Abouakar

Can't argue with that. Don't forget though, this is FT. If City are linked with him, it will be made out that he played ok, in 'a struggling side' etc.

If he had been linked not with us but with Forest, most opinions would have been ' lol he's fookin awful'.. or along those lines.

:thumbup:

Being your usual erratic self, Colin?

He's playing gash in a gash national side. Club level is an entirely different matter.

Can't argue with that. Don't forget though, this is FT. If City are linked with him, it will be made out that he played ok, in 'a struggling side' etc.

If he had been linked not with us but with Forest, most opinions would have been ' lol he's fookin awful'.. or along those lines.

:thumbup:

Diego Costa looked "gash", presumably that rules him out as not good enough also.

Being your usual erratic self, Colin?

He's playing gash in a gash national side. Club level is an entirely different matter.

Not the point I was making, so your comment on 'erratic' is immaterial.

Regarding Diego Costa, for example, Chelsea have signed, for a substantial sum of money, a player who, up until last season was pretty much a journeyman in Spain. He's drifted around clubs, sometimes on loan and, apart from a couple of good seasons has actually scored few goals.

In the World Cup he looked out of his depth. Yes in an International side currently struggling to regain form. He looked knackered to be honest.

It will be interesting to see whether Costa 'at club level' does the job that Chelsea clearly bought him to do.

I have a suspicion he could go the same way as Torres.

Finally, IMO the really good players shine out even when they are playing in a poor National team. They tend to look a cut above their team-mates.

Neither Costa nor Abouakar could do this. They dropped their level to that of the team and yes, both looked gash.

Regarding Diego Costa, for example, Chelsea have signed, for a substantial sum of money, a player who, up until last season was pretty much a journeyman in Spain. He's drifted around clubs, sometimes on loan and, apart from a couple of good seasons has actually scored few goals.

In the World Cup he looked out of his depth. Yes in an International side currently struggling to regain form. He looked knackered to be honest.

It will be interesting to see whether Costa 'at club level' does the job that Chelsea clearly bought him to do.

Finally, IMO the really good players shine out even when they are playing in a poor National team. They tend to look a cut above their team-mates.

Neither Costa nor Abouakar could do this. They dropped their level to that of the team and yes, both looked gash.

Examples, but pronto!

As for your comments on Costa:

a) He hasn't featured much for Spain (4 appearances) and still needs to find his spot in this system, the automatisms don't work that well yet

b) He's had a long season with Atlético and like many of his other teammates, doesn't just look knackered - he is.

And yes, you are being erratic. Your basing your opinion on the observation of one or maybe two WC games. Diego Costa has scored 1 in every 2 games for Atlético. Does that make him "gash"?

Examples, but pronto!

a) He hasn't featured much for Spain (4 appearances) and still needs to find his spot in this system, the automatisms don't work that well yet

b) He's had a long season with Atlético and like many of his other teammates, doesn't just look knackered - he is.

And yes, you are being erratic. Your basing your opinion on the observation of one or maybe two WC games. Diego Costa has scored 1 in every 2 games for Atlético. Does that make him "gash"?

No it doesn't make him 'gash'. But yes, he looked 'gash'.

Clear to me. You're making something out of nothing. Are you bored? lol

Diego Costa looked "gash", presumably that rules him out as not good enough also.

Not sure why these threads always turn into this.

The guy had a bad game and looked awful. On that showing he doesnt look like someone i'd want to sign. Show me a youtube vid of him banging em in left, right and centre and i'll go creampie. But then again, whenever that happens all you see on here is people saying that isnt a measure of a player either.

If we sign him, I hope he's a damn sight better than he was yesterday because he was.........

GASH

Examples, but pronto!

I agree that it's a bit quick to get on Costa's back. He's not played enough and isn't at full fitness. That said, the system he's used to playing at Atletico is actually closer to the one Chile played last night than to the Barcelona tiki taka stuff favoured by Spain. I'm not sure how well he'll ever fit in with that.

My major doubt, where Costa is concerned, has more to do with Simeone. He's a manager who achieves success by crafting a good work ethic from his sides, and his motivational qualities enable him to get extraordinary performances out of players. Lots of players upped their game for him (Costa included), and plenty will go on to look distinctly ordinary after they leave the Atletico set-up, I imagine. Much like Clough's Forest - his star men were notorious for doing nothing after they left.

Mourinho is a great organiser, but whether he's the sort of manager who puts the fire in the belly of his players, I'm not sure.

Of course Pearson has shown himself to be that sort of manager. Maybe Aboubakar could be his Costa, who knows.

Just as some info on Torres for those who don't know it; Liverpool knew exactly what they were doing when they sold him. He had been flagged up for having a serious knee issue on his medical but they waited until the last minute to accept Chelsea's offer so that the scum didn't have time to do a medical. The rest is history. Great transfer deal from Liverpool. Its why Torres has lost his pace and agility.

Actually, having watched him closely I definitely want this guy, he's got super quick feet and gets himself in good positions, shame he's playing in an unpredictable side.

Yeah but he looked gash in the first game, so everyone has already decided he's gash and we don't want him.

Just as some info on Torres for those who don't know it; Liverpool knew exactly what they were doing when they sold him. He had been flagged up for having a serious knee issue on his medical but they waited until the last minute to accept Chelsea's offer so that the scum didn't have time to do a medical. The rest is history. Great transfer deal from Liverpool. Its why Torres has lost his pace and agility.

He lost his pace and agility cause Chelsea didn't have time to do a medical? Okay then lol

He lost his pace and agility cause Chelsea didn't have time to do a medical? Okay then lol

Think he meant he was already losing his pace and agility due to the injury being there with Liverpool cashing in while they still could. He did seem to be in decline when Liverpool sold him but I honestly can't see any club like Chelsea with highly insured players shelling out £50m without a pretty rigorous medical??

Didnt think he looked particularly effective again.

Not as gash as the first game but still not good enough to want to sign him.

Can I say that now? Is two games enough to be allowed a negative opinion or do I need to watch Cameroon loads more cause to be honest, I really dont want to.

Didnt think he looked particularly effective again.

Not as gash as the first game but still not good enough to want to sign him.

Can I say that now? Is two games enough to be allowed a negative opinion or do I need to watch Cameroon loads more cause to be honest, I really dont want to.

Enough for an opinion, any fool can have an opinion without seeing him play... but if it's a worthwhile informed opinion you're after then no it's not.

Archived