Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Korea v Russia

Only match today that doesn't have it's own thread so far so thought I might complete the set.

Think this one is going to come down to how Russias more physical players manage the different climate and whether Koreas team can actually function as a unit long enough for them to take advantage of said climate.

Could go either way but I'm going for 2-1 Korea, purely because my coworker can see this computer.

No doubt Capello will take Russia further than he got England. They are a horrible footballing team and really this game should be at 4am and not 11pm, it doesn't deserve any viewers.

Can see you're really looking forward to this one then Ric. :ph34r:

In all honesty it will probably be Russia kicking lumps out of the Koreans and getting a dirty 1-0 or a 0-0 draw but if they can deal with the physicality the Koreans have enough skill to make it worth a look.

Can see you're really looking forward to this one then Ric. :ph34r:

In all honesty it will probably be Russia kicking lumps out of the Koreans and getting a dirty 1-0 or a 0-0 draw but if they can deal with the physicality the Koreans have enough skill to make it worth a look.

Hahahahaaa well it's games like this that I usually end up watching and love but after Iran v Nigeria last night I might have to give this a miss.

Hahahahaaa well it's games like this that I usually end up watching and love but after Iran v Nigeria last night I might have to give this a miss.

I think this match has more promise than Iran/Nigeria to be honest.

Russia have some decent players about them and there's always potential for South Korea to do something special/controversial.

But in comparison to other 11pm matches, I think I'd be willing to miss it to catch up on sleep after watching every single match of the World Cup so far! Not good for work and I thought I could handle it lol .

I think this match has more promise than Iran/Nigeria to be honest.

Russia have some decent players about them and there's always potential for South Korea to do something special/controversial.

But in comparison to other 11pm matches, I think I'd be willing to miss it to catch up on sleep after watching every single match of the World Cup so far! Not good for work and I thought I could handle it lol .

Tiredness beat me last night midway through Ghana v USA, so I'll no doubt now have the energy to watch this shower of shite.

Tiredness beat me last night midway through Ghana v USA, so I'll no doubt now have the energy to watch this shower of shite.

I should have sacked off Iran vs Nigeria and taken a nap or done something else. Love of football over-rides rationality these days.

Only match today that doesn't have it's own thread so far so thought I might complete the set.

Think this one is going to come down to how Russias more physical players manage the different climate and whether Koreas team can actually function as a unit long enough for them to take advantage of said climate.

Could go either way but I'm going for 2-1 Korea, purely because my coworker can see this computer.

Is there still a lot of interest in the World Cup in South Korea? If so, among what sort of people and how do they follow it (public bars? at home with family/friends? etc.)?

I can't see this being anything like as bad as Iran v. Nigeria, which seemed like a bottom-of-League 1 match to me in terms of quality (constant misplaced passes, brainless crosses to nobody etc.). Even if they are dour and physical, surely Russia will have a lot more quality than Nigeria, and Korea more flair and positivity than Iran? I'd expect something more like Ghana v USA: a moderately creative, attacking side (Ghana/Korea) v. a committed, well-organised side of mid-range quality (USA/Russia). Ghana v USA was decent, if not exceptional.

Funny how these days England have become the anti-Capello - plenty of attacking flair and creativity, but inadequate organisation and team defensive discipline.

Is there still a lot of interest in the World Cup in South Korea? If so, among what sort of people and how do they follow it (public bars? at home with family/friends? etc.)?

I can't see this being anything like as bad as Iran v. Nigeria, which seemed like a bottom-of-League 1 match to me in terms of quality (constant misplaced passes, brainless crosses to nobody etc.). Even if they are dour and physical, surely Russia will have a lot more quality than Nigeria, and Korea more flair and positivity than Iran? I'd expect something more like Ghana v USA: a moderately creative, attacking side (Ghana/Korea) v. a committed, well-organised side of mid-range quality (USA/Russia). Ghana v USA was decent, if not exceptional.

Funny how these days England have become the anti-Capello - plenty of attacking flair and creativity, but inadequate organisation and team defensive discipline.

There's massive interest here, partly because they love football and partly because Korea is being represented on a massive world stage, and that attracts a great deal of interest. There's been almost nothing else on the three sport channels over here for the last week and a half but highlights of the WC matches and also classic Korea games from 2002/2006/2010.

Even though it's a 7am kickoff over here loads of people of all ages will be watching. Because of the K.O time most folk will probably watch it at home, but I'm betting there will be a fair few bars open too and I'm sure there will be big screens in the parks in most of the major cities for people to watch there too.

What's Ahn Jung-Hwan (?) doing these days? I remember after the 2002 World Cup and scoring against Italy, knocking them out in the process, he had to leave Perugia (?) lol. Is he still involved with South Korea?

What's Ahn Jung-Hwan (?) doing these days? I remember after the 2002 World Cup and scoring against Italy, knocking them out in the process, he had to leave Perugia (?) lol. Is he still involved with South Korea?

Think he's doing punditry this year but I'm no way certain on that.

Charisma-deficient drones versus unintelligible cavemen, a dystopian soulless future society vs the remnants of human brutality.

Yup, tasty post-apocalyptic-novel-style match all round then.

Both teams have decent players on show, this match though has another 2-1 written all over it in my opinion. 

Think it will be Russia who win it though, Korea defence doesn't look great, Dzagoev will probably cause endless problems for the Korea defence, I like Fayzulin who can play out wide or in the centre as well, while striker Kokorin has about a £20 million price tag slapped on him, so he is expected to deliver. 

So yeah 2-1 to Russia, Kerzhakov & Shatov for Russia, Son Heung-Min for South Korea. 

Whoever scores for Russia must celebrate in front of the Korean fans by doing the Gangnam Style :ph34r:

And for added troll points a vest underneath the shirt saying either "StarCraft is NOT a sport" or "The correct spelling is L-I-A-N-C-O-U-R-T."

Have a Google of the second one to see why it would piss them off.

Edit: As an aside, can someone mention the dog-eating so I can complete my "Korea Bingo" card before this thread hits the second page?

Didn't remind me of CoD4, reminded me of Rocky 4.

Got this on mute and going to read a book, I'm absolutely bollocksed from the weekend still. 

Hoping for a 2-1 Russia win for a bet win and prediction league points. 

Didn't remind me of CoD4, reminded me of Rocky 4.

Got this on mute and going to read a book, I'm absolutely bollocksed from the weekend still. 

Hoping for a 2-1 Russia win for a bet win and prediction league points. 

Archived