Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IOWFOX

No Man's Sky

24 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I just can't bring myself to be excited.

It looks pretty and a great novelty but ultimately just boring and pointless long term.

There's far more to do in elite dangerous and I got bored of that inside twenty hours.

Elite Dangerous is only as good as the community you are in. That's its main failing. It's crap and grindy as a single player experience. looking forward to star citizen though

14 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Elite Dangerous is only as good as the community you are in. That's its main failing. It's crap and grindy as a single player experience. looking forward to star citizen though

Yeah I joined a community then it turned out everyone was on at different times. 

At opposite ends of a massive universe.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah I joined a community then it turned out everyone was on at different times. 

At opposite ends of a massive universe.

Sounds about right. ED is going a bit like  EVE online. in that its fun to read about but less so to play

On 7/25/2016 at 10:34, Beliall said:

Yeah, another company claiming they used a stolen algorithm to make the game. but as you say, gone gold so hopefully still release on time. I'm not overly hyped on this game. doesn't seem to do anything I haven't been doing in Elite Dangerous for 2 years, but I pre ordered it anyway

Why pre-order out of interest? Especially if you don't seem that interested. Why not just wait for some gameplay videos and reviews first?

23 minutes ago, Haydos said:

Why pre-order out of interest? Especially if you don't seem that interested. Why not just wait for some gameplay videos and reviews first?

Space game, Everyones getting it and I want the starting bonuses

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

If there's no clear route through this game, no clear purpose to it from what I can see, I'll give it a miss.  I don't have the time for it.

There's not going to be a clear route is there, it's in-comprehensively big.

I believe the overall aim is to reach the center of the universe. How long that will take I don't know.

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

There's not going to be a clear route is there, it's in-comprehensively big.

I believe the overall aim is to reach the center of the universe. How long that will take I don't know.

There is also a suggestion in their latest video that it has some sort of survival aspect to it as well

4 minutes ago, Beliall said:

A masterclass in hype. so many people excited, no-one knows what you actually do in the game

I think that's helping it to be honest lol

Sort of understandable as well, they want it to be about discovery so giving out as little information as possible adds to the experience.

It is the scope that has people excited, an odd reason ti be e

This is a very good, if lengthy, feature on Sean Murray and concerning the inception of the game...

Another informative read...

• 2 weeks later...

Found a way too get this a bit cheaper with a digital download if anyone's interested.

Bought 2 £25 psn cards from cdkeys and used the 5% off code on their fb page, they email you a link for them, worked out about £43 which i think is cheaper than anywhere else.

9 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Mundane is the word being used a lot in early reviews, unfortunately. 

Not been following this at all but doesn't the Day 1 patch change everything on a massive scale? As in, it's barely worth commenting on the game with the Day 1 changes to come. That's what I've read about it anyway.

2 minutes ago, Haydos said:

Not been following this at all but doesn't the Day 1 patch change everything on a massive scale? As in, it's barely worth commenting on the game with the Day 1 changes to come. That's what I've read about it anyway.

I'm guessing the day one patch is already in circulation and being used by reviewers. 

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I'm guessing the day one patch is already in circulation and being used by reviewers. 

"The reality, learned after playing copies of the physical release bought from retailers and reading the recently-released patch notes, was that the game simply wasn’t done. There was no way for the press to play the finished version of No Man’s Sky; it didn’t exist."

And from the developer:

5cd3833c413e33ed2c3d5938d5c77487_normal. Sean Murray @NoMansSky

If you are reviewing/playing our game without our update, on a leaked copy, then please don't. It's not what players will experience.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Haydos said:

"The reality, learned after playing copies of the physical release bought from retailers and reading the recently-released patch notes, was that the game simply wasn’t done. There was no way for the press to play the finished version of No Man’s Sky; it didn’t exist."

And from the developer:

5cd3833c413e33ed2c3d5938d5c77487_normal. Sean Murray @NoMansSky

If you are reviewing/playing our game without our update, on a leaked copy, then please don't. It's not what players will experience.

Three days ago mate!

I should think given American release was today the patch has been in circulation for awhile. 

15 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Three days ago mate!

I should think given American release was today the patch has been in circulation for awhile. 

The patch only actually got released yesterday, so we'll be waiting another week for reviews

22 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Three days ago mate!

Looks like the patch went live yesterday, I can't find any post-patch reviews though (admittedly haven't looked very hard).