Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IOWFOX

No Man's Sky

This is going to be incredible. I like the idea of exploration and survival but also the isolation from other players. So hopefully not getting my ship destroyed every five minutes whilst being shouted at by some lunatic from Glasgow calling my mum a slag!

This is going to be incredible. I like the idea of exploration and survival but also the isolation from other players. So hopefully not getting my ship destroyed every five minutes whilst being shouted at by some lunatic from Glasgow calling my mum a slag!

I would love it if in a game where the odds of finding another player are incredibly tiny, within 5 minutes you run into a Glaswegian scaffolder screaming at you about your mum. lol

• Like 1

I saw something on reddit today regards the size of the game. Some guy was worried that if he brought the game in a few months then there would be little left to discover. Someone had done the maths and worked out that if everyone in America (300 million people) played the game for 300 hours each and discovered 5 planets an hour, then in total they would have discovered 0.00025% of the planets in the game!

I hadn't seen this game before, but it looks pretty amazing. I'm glad they delayed it if it meant a launch of an unfinished game *cough* EA

Glad someone is. lol

Both the journalist that broke the story and the lead developer at hello games have received numerous death threats over this.

Glad someone is. lol

Both the journalist that broke the story and the lead developer at hello games have received numerous death threats over this.

Some people are absolute freaks.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been revealed today that the reason the game has been delayed, is because the TV broadcaster, SKY, has a trademark on the word Sky, and was trying to get them to change the name of the game!

What a load of b****cks!

Yeah they shouldnt be using it as an excuse and if that has been the case hopefully the game is extra, extra polished for release

Cant see how companies can trademark words that were well established well before they existed. There has to at least be some context used too, I very much doubt this game would reflect on Sky™ or compete in any off their pursuits, its inane really.

Edited by SpazticChicken

I can't see any evidence that the Sky lawsuit was the reason for the delay? That's been an ongoing lawsuit for nearly 3 years apparently - I didn't think HG were using it as an excuse for the delay? 

****ing crazy stuff though - you could understand Sky taking it up if the word 'Sky' was being used in a broadcasting / internet / telecoms context but considering NMS is absolutely nothing to do with any of those things it's absolutely outrageous that it would even be considered for a legal case. 

• 1 month later...

Yeah, another company claiming they used a stolen algorithm to make the game. but as you say, gone gold so hopefully still release on time. I'm not overly hyped on this game. doesn't seem to do anything I haven't been doing in Elite Dangerous for 2 years, but I pre ordered it anyway

23 hours ago, Beliall said:

Yeah, another company claiming they used a stolen algorithm to make the game. but as you say, gone gold so hopefully still release on time. I'm not overly hyped on this game. doesn't seem to do anything I haven't been doing in Elite Dangerous for 2 years, but I pre ordered it anyway

I think they are hoping the scope, size, and the fact everyone's games will be completely different and that it will be possibly for everybody to discover things no one else has ever will give it an edge.

We will see if that's true or not, I'm buying it anyway as I've not bought a full price game for ages. 

23 hours ago, Beliall said:

I've looked at Elite numerous times, but not quite got round to purchasing it. By rights I should love it, it looks great,  but the multiplayer thing puts me off. I prefer a more solitary existence so I hope NMS will be perfect for me, rather than getting smoked by some dude in a souped up Cobra MKIII every five minutes (if indeed that is what ED is like). 

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

I've looked at Elite numerous times, but not quite got round to purchasing it. By rights I should love it, it looks great,  but the multiplayer thing puts me off. I prefer a more solitary existence so I hope NMS will be perfect for me, rather than getting smoked by some dude in a souped up Cobra MKIII every five minutes (if indeed that is what ED is like). 

Open play is pretty dead these days as everyone playes in player created PVE groups. there is also a solo mode. join a facebook community, (elite dangerous community) and see what they say about it. there's a lot of fun to be had

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I think they are hoping the scope, size, and the fact everyone's games will be completely different and that it will be possibly for everybody to discover things no one else has ever will give it an edge.

We will see if that's true or not, I'm buying it anyway as I've not bought a full price game for ages. 

The nearer to release we get the more my interest has piqued. looking forwardto seeing what the ame is. i have only watched the trailer on ps store. want to be surprised