Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IOWFOX

No Man's Sky

1 minute ago, Haydos said:

Looks like the patch went live yesterday, I can't find any post-patch reviews though (admittedly haven't looked very hard).

Oh they're all in progress reviews. I'm not trying to make out anyone has a definitive and worthwhile review out yet that would be impossible, I am just saying some of them, albeit early doors, are saying they are bored as fck already lol which is not a good sign. 

10 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Oh they're all in progress reviews. I'm not trying to make out anyone has a definitive and worthwhile review out yet that would be impossible, I am just saying some of them, albeit early doors, are saying they are bored as fck already lol which is not a good sign. 

I think the only reviews I've seen saying this are metacritic user reviews, which should never be taken seriously

12 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Oh yeah no worries, it just seems that from the patch notes and from what I've read those reviews mean less than nothing because it is not a game in it's pre-patch state.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-08-our-no-mans-sky-review-will-be-late-and-heres-why

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Nah the critics opinion thus far is up there now. It's not all bad mine.

Yeh i'm just having a read through some of them now. I'm starting to notice a trend in the reviews though...

"This may not be everything you hoped it would be"

I'm starting to wonder what everybody 'hoped' it would be. Everything I'm seeing game play wise is exactly how the developers suggested it would be. I get the feeling a lot of people have dressed this up to be more than it actually was ever intended to be.

2 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

Yeh i'm just having a read through some of them now. I'm starting to notice a trend in the reviews though...

I'm starting to wonder what everybody 'hoped' it would be. Everything I'm seeing game play wise is exactly how the developers suggested it would be. I get the feeling a lot of people have dressed this up to be more than it actually was ever intended to be.

I guess that was always going to be a problem. Some of them do really like it though and it is early doors.....

To be honest I don't really care, I've barely played a space game like that since Elite and I loved that game so Im on it regardless. 

10 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I guess that was always going to be a problem. Some of them do really like it though and it is early doors.....

To be honest I don't really care, I've barely played a space game like that since Elite and I loved that game so Im on it regardless. 

This is my thinking too tbh. The last space game I truly got 'into' was Elite 2 on the Amiga, so I'm looking forward to sinking some time into this

15 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

I've noticed this a lot just reading the odd thing here on there about it.

3 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Been going crazy on Twitch/Reddit when two players found themselves "close" to each other and met up at a planet, but couldn't see each other?

Not a big deal for me, but I I guess it could be for some.

Apparently, like with every game these days, they're having some server issues with 'unexpected demand'.

So this feature is just put on the back-burner, in sacrifice to ensure the game runs as smooth as possible.

Walked for bloody ages trying to find some element to make rocket fuel only to discover there was a stockpile of it right next my ship! Have scanned and catalogued lots of animals and renamed a couple (Vardysaur anybody?).

Ship is all fixed and ready to leave, but not quite ready to depart yet so just going to fly around my home planet (Ranieri) and see what I can find.

The multiplayer bit doesn't bother me at all whether the implement it or not. I'm happy playing with myself (so to speak!)

I have enjoyed a good session on this today, jumped 3 or 4 times, progress is nice and slow thanks to needing to craft new materiels for each jump reload. But, i have to say the graphics on the PS4 are ****ing shocking. I should have ( and probably will at some point) got this on PC

10 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Walked for bloody ages trying to find some element to make rocket fuel only to discover there was a stockpile of it right next my ship! Have scanned and catalogued lots of animals and renamed a couple (Vardysaur anybody?).

Ship is all fixed and ready to leave, but not quite ready to depart yet so just going to fly around my home planet (Ranieri) and see what I can find.

The multiplayer bit doesn't bother me at all whether the implement it or not. I'm happy playing with myself (so to speak!)

I think the chances of you banging into to someone are absloutley tiny anyway.

Although I knew even with all this talk of how vast the universe is two people would manage to get to the same place within hours.

31 minutes ago, Beliall said:

I have enjoyed a good session on this today, jumped 3 or 4 times, progress is nice and slow thanks to needing to craft new materiels for each jump reload. But, i have to say the graphics on the PS4 are ****ing shocking. I should have ( and probably will at some point) got this on PC

How are you finding navigating through systems? Is it easy / possible to find your way "back" to a given planet? Like to return to your starting planet?

5 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

How are you finding navigating through systems? Is it easy / possible to find your way "back" to a given planet? Like to return to your starting planet?

There is a discovery list, I am sure if you wanted to you could trace your steps back easy enough

2 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I see. Not saying that I would want to but nice to know that it is possible if you wanted to.

There is a checklist of items to discover on each world, blanked out unil you find them , so you might want to return and complete finding everything

Just now, matty98 said:

I keep running out of inventory space and having to travel for ages just to sell things, wish they'd made the starting inventory size a bit bigger

Just ditch trinkets and stuff if you get full. Focus on valuable resources for reloading , and cash in selling rare minerals that you find. I sold a stack of 250 for 100,000cr. worth way more than GEKNIP at 11,000cr 

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

I'm debating wether to buy another ps4 to play this as I think it's a game I would actually enjoy, anyone know if supermarkets are stocking the game today?

Dunno, maybe all of them, if you're lucky

7 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I'm debating wether to buy another ps4 to play this as I think it's a game I would actually enjoy, anyone know if supermarkets are stocking the game today?

Or you can download it. It's actually quite a small download - about 4GB I think.

10 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I was in asda fosse park earlier buying a sandwich and they had it in

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, matty98 said:

I keep running out of inventory space and having to travel for ages just to sell things, wish they'd made the starting inventory size a bit bigger

Yeah I've had that problem. I assume you can carry more as you progress through the game...