Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IOWFOX

No Man's Sky

23 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

People complaining about the lack of multiplayer in this game need to either go back to playing GTA V or the latest incarnation of CoD or (better) actually get out of their mum's spare room and out into the world for a bit.

The whole gaming industry has been whoring itself out to the God of online multiplayer as a cash cow for years now and then you slate the one reasonably widespread anticipated game that doesn't have it for exactly that reason? You ungrateful tosspots.

*ahem*

Seriously considering getting a PS4 once I get back to the UK to play this.

I think people are thinking more of a Dark Souls/Mine Craft based Multiplayer, rather than shooting each other.

Which it has, sort of lol I swear or saw someone last night for example. 

Just now, matty98 said:

Does anyone know if you're supposed to sell or keep the Atlas Stone's you get?

I sold both mine for credits. found out today they might actually be useful, but i havent much inventory space. spent 850,000 credits on a new ship for 3 more slots lol (and better weapons and warp drive)

8 minutes ago, Beliall said:

I sold both mine for credits. found out today they might actually be useful, but i havent much inventory space. spent 850,000 credits on a new ship for 3 more slots lol (and better weapons and warp drive)

Think I'll keep hold of them then, currently trying to save up for a 24 slot ship, just hoping I stumble across a planet made of gold

6 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Think I'll keep hold of them then, currently trying to save up for a 24 slot ship, just hoping I stumble across a planet made of gold

I sell everything i cant use for recharging or a blueprint i want to build. When i have a large ship, i'll start to collect rarer stuff. No point worrying too much, you know when you want to build something awesome, there will always be one thing you have to search and search for

19 hours ago, matty98 said:

Does anyone know if you're supposed to sell or keep the Atlas Stone's you get?

Your supposed to keep them, you need ten before the end of the game. The problem is these take up ten inventory slots by the time you have them all.

That's all I can really say without ruining it, the atlas stones are a pretty huge part of the game though. I've seen the occasional vendor selling them so you aren't completely screwed if you do sell them, you'll just have to buy new one's at ridiculously inflated prices.

6 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

But procedural generation.

Let's face it; this game is going to be mentioned in the same breath as Spore a few years from now.

3 hours ago, Marmite said:

There's loads of second hand copies on eBay  so that gives you an idea that it's not what people thought it was going to be 

Funny you should post that as "Marmite" is exactly how I'd describe it. 

It's so different to even other space based shooters (of which there are not many, and most are MMO) it can't really be compared to anything. The main criticisms of it are going to be it's boring, there isn't enough things you can do in this massive universe, it's isolated etc. However certain people are going to love the idea, it's genuine universe full of planets and variety and you will never see anything, and from a mechanical game play point of view the games sound, so to those people it's going to be great. So I've not doubt it'll have it's critics, but you'll see a few nines from the reviewers on board with the idea. At the same time not surprised in the slightest a bunch of people are trying to flog it already. 

I think people get a little obsessed with only buying games that score a certain amount on Metacritic which is rather silly. GTA IV is not one of the best games of all time yet it tops some absloute classics becasue reviewers got carried away at the time, some great games are dragged down because one incompetent hack decided to try and make a name for himself, and this is all ignoring hardly any reputable reviewers have actually released a NMS review yet. 

4 hours ago, Marmite said:

There's loads of second hand copies on eBay  so that gives you an idea that it's not what people thought it was going to be 

It is everything I expected it to be and more. But you do need to fill in the narrative yourself to a certain extent. There is little in the way of a "story" and the game doesn't hold your hand. it isn't for everyone but for me it is light the great great grandson of Elite, and I love it.

it's an expertly hyped indie game. they did well to charge as much as they did, because, this , in a lot of ways is a steam early access game for £20

Saying that, its fantastic fun, and i hope they make the improvements it needs graphicaly

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Beliall said:

it's an expertly hyped indie game. they did well to charge as much as they did, because, this , in a lot of ways is a steam early access game for £20

Saying that, its fantastic fun, and i hope they make the improvements it needs graphicaly

I'm sure there will be a lot more content added in time. 

If people enjoy exploring in games then this is a straight up 9/10, if you want more like a detailed combat game then its not quite there yet.

Im loving the game, just restarted this morning as I know what I am doing now and spent the first 2 hours on the first planet walking about learning alien words and finding all the creatures on the planet to get 150,000 credits.

Its a nice slow paced game to just chill out and enjoy rather then just go from a-b as fast as possible, it is possible but you will be missing alot of the experience if you do that as you can't take it all in and immerse yourself.

The only issues I have is the crashing after warp which should be fixed soon and that it is annoying to try and go to previous star systems, hopefully they will add in a feature at a later date which only shows the systems you have been to.

I would imagine quite a few people who gave it low ratings probably heard someone say it was amazing, didn't do any research just saw space travel, thought lots of combat and killing in an online world and bought it based on that, then became disapointed. Those who knew what the game was and its key features for the most part are probably happy and its everything that was told at E3 and in trailers (Although earlier I died in my ship after losing a space fight yet I still have my ship that I bought, I thought you lose it when you die in space and are given the basic one?)