Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IOWFOX

No Man's Sky

3 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Kids like this ****

something-special_onward_journey_image_b

Tells you all you need to know about kids' opinions

I know, thats kind of what i was getting at. and that guy is the definition of c**t

Edited by Beliall
  • Like 1

No Man's Sky is probably the most overhyped and underwhelming game I've ever played. Don't get me wrong because I actually think it is a decent game, but the hype that surrounded it before its release made me expect an untouchable masterpiece and No Man's Sky is far from that. My main complaint is that the sheer vastness of the game and time it requires you to put into it does not match the likely premature interest I will have for playing it. The game can be repetitive and tedious and that damn "life support falling" and "units received" robotic voice. Ahhhh!!!!! Every two minutes, really? 

38 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

No Man's Sky is probably the most overhyped and underwhelming game I've ever played. Don't get me wrong because I actually think it is a decent game, but the hype that surrounded it before its release made me expect an untouchable masterpiece and No Man's Sky is far from that. My main complaint is that the sheer vastness of the game and time it requires you to put into it does not match the likely premature interest I will have for playing it. The game can be repetitive and tedious and that damn "life support falling" and "units received" robotic voice. Ahhhh!!!!! Every two minutes, really? 

The problem is that so many things they talked about in interviews and showed in trailer footage isn't actually in the game at the moment. If they add the things they talked about in then it would be a good game at least, at the moment though I can't be bothered to pick it back up and haven't played it after the first 5 days.

AngryJoe has a good review of the game.

An interesting take on the game's marketing campaign:

Also I've just found out what's at the centre of the universe:

nothing, it just starts the game all over again

I was thinking I might wait until it's going for a tenner to play it but now I'm not sure I'll bother even if it's free unless significant features are patched in.

This video and channels decent too,

I originally planned to get a PS4 just for this but kinda forgot about it and kept to PC, thought the games industry really needed something like this to work because its so rare you get something so unique specifically for consoles.

Ahh well, might aswell forget looking into games and buying into the hype, just get it when its out and you know its good.

4 hours ago, SpazticChicken said:

I originally planned to get a PS4 just for this but kinda forgot about it and kept to PC, thought the games industry really needed something like this to work because its so rare you get something so unique specifically for consoles.

Ahh well, might aswell forget looking into games and buying into the hype, just get it when its out and you know its good.

It's not really specifically for consoles when it's also available on PC.

12 hours ago, SpazticChicken said:

I avoided the hype pretty well. But  Iwas curious and bought the game to see what it was about. I feel ripped off for £50 and I cant get a refund from the PS store. It's the last game I will ever pre order. Sean Murray can eat a dick.

iwant to point out, it wasn't hype, people didn't get over excited. They were lied to. The game is shit

Edited by Beliall

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 15:59, Finnegan said:

I just can't bring myself to be excited.

It looks pretty and a great novelty but ultimately just boring and pointless long term.

There's far more to do in elite dangerous and I got bored of that inside twenty hours.

this is exactly what I was thinking,

That said, I thought the same about Overwatch, Now I'm addicted.

I finally found the last hyperdrive blueprint last night, so I can now travel 1,600 light years with each jump

Just worked it out, it's going to take about 85 separate warp jumps to actually get to the center now. Still going to take ages but it better than the 300 I would have had to do before

7 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

I finally found the last hyperdrive blueprint last night, so I can now travel 1,600 light years with each jump

Just worked it out, it's going to take about 85 separate warp jumps to actually get to the center now. Still going to take ages but it better than the 300 I would have had to do before

I need some bloody hyperdrive blueprints in my life lol

To be honest I might just look whats in the center up after Platinum, it's a fun game but I am not sure I can be bothered travelling that far just building warp cells. 

EDIT: In fact I just read the spoiler about whats at the center and it's defo going after platinum lollol 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I need some bloody hyperdrive blueprints in my life lol

To be honest I might just look whats in the center up after Platinum, it's a fun game but I am not sure I can be bothered travelling that far just building warp cells. 

Prepare for utter disappointment lol

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

There is absloutley no way I am spending tens of hours for that.....no way lol 

More like hundereds of boring, tedious hours. It was the sole reason I was playing, i thought maybe, just maybe the story and the discovery at the end would be worth it. i would have been PISSED

1 minute ago, Beliall said:

More like hundereds of boring, tedious hours. It was the sole reason I was playing, i thought maybe, just maybe the story and the discovery at the end would be worth it. i would have been PISSED

Their marketing team has pulled a blinder tbf, you can play with you friends, discover the wonders of the center of the galaxy, wonderful life filled planets lol

Just now, m4DD0gg said:

lol have to love sony, marketing a half finished, constant re-use of an algorithm indie game as a £50 monster triple A title. 

It wasnt sony, it was Hello games. They told everyone its was game that it wasn't

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

Their marketing team has pulled a blinder tbf, you can play with you friends, discover the wonders of the center of the galaxy, wonderful life filled planets lol

I honestly feel they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it. Blatant lies made to sell copies, misadvertised, illegal surely