Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IOWFOX

No Man's Sky

2 minutes ago, Beliall said:

I honestly feel they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it. Blatant lies made to sell copies, misadvertised, illegal surely

The problem with all of this, is that it's written in the T&C's for every single game when you pre order it, that they have the right to change anything about the game at any point before release and they don't have to inform the consumers.

So all Hello Games have to do is say they decided to change it the day before release and anybody who pre ordered it doesn't have a leg to stand on legally

Just now, Beliall said:

I just don't want to argue

Im not trying to argue, my point was that this is typical Sony, the amount of pull downs and banning orders they have been sending to Youtube have been insane for reviewers even daring to criticise the game.

4 minutes ago, Beliall said:

I honestly feel they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it. Blatant lies made to sell copies, misadvertised, illegal surely

The online thing could land them in hot water I guess as they categorically stated it was possible and it's not.

The rest I dunno you can argue it's subjective. 

1 minute ago, MrSpaM said:

The problem with all of this, is that it's written in the T&C's for every single game when you pre order it, that they have the right to change anything about the game at any point before release and they don't have to inform the consumers.

So all Hello Games have to do is say they decided to change it the day before release and anybody who pre ordered it doesn't have a leg to stand on legally

This is something that needs changing. you can't charge money for a product and sell them something else that's worth a lot less and say tough luck

1 minute ago, m4DD0gg said:

Im not trying to argue, my point was that this is typical Sony, the amount of pull downs and banning orders they have been sending to Youtube have been insane for reviewers even daring to criticise the game.

I wasn't aware of that. I guess you are right and they have to share part of them blame. Doesnt change the fact that Sean Murray went on interview after interview, including talk shows, and lied his arse off. 

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

The online thing could land them in hot water I guess as they categorically stated it was possible and it's not.

The rest I dunno you can argue it's subjective. 

The only thing in the game they said was possible that is actually possible, is wandering around planets. 

I just don't know what it is with the game though

I understand why everybody has issues with the way it was marketed, I even understand why people are requesting refunds, but I dunno, I don't really think it's a 'bad game' as such. I don't really feel like I've been ripped off like a lot of other people do. The game is still a technical marvel no matter how much is actually missing from the final product

Even after seeing how disappointing the end is I've still got the urge to do it myself, I don't know whether it's just my subconscious trying to get my moneys worth out of it or what, but I still keep wanting to play it after work

1 minute ago, Beliall said:

This is something that needs changing. you can't charge money for a product and sell them something else that's worth a lot less and say tough luck

I wasn't aware of that. I guess you are right and they have to share part of them blame. Doesnt change the fact that Sean Murray went on interview after interview, including talk shows, and lied his arse off. 

The only thing in the game they said was possible that is actually possible, is wandering around planets. 

To be fair its fixable with content and patching.

In some ways its a bit reminiscent of WOW with a grind element to it, just needs a lot more variety.

I just don't know what it is with the game though

I understand why everybody has issues with the way it was marketed, I even understand why people are requesting refunds, but I dunno, I don't really think it's a 'bad game' as such. I don't really feel like I've been ripped off like a lot of other people do. The game is still a technical marvel no matter how much is actually missing from the final product

Even after seeing how disappointing the end is I've still got the urge to do it myself, I don't know whether it's just my subconscious trying to get my moneys worth out of it or what, but I still keep wanting to play it after work

I don't mean to be rude, but it really isn't a technical marvel when you compare it to other games like elite dangerous and star citizen. 1 man teams are making this kind of game in their parents basement

Edited by Beliall

Just now, sk3since03 said:

Hello Games must be rubbing their hands, surely they can't get away with how they've blatantly lied about the game pre release 

It's over for sean murray. no-one will buy his games in future, and i hope no one buys his DLC either

2 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

To be fair its fixable with content and patching.

In some ways its a bit reminiscent of WOW with a grind element to it, just needs a lot more variety.

That's another thing. He stated previously NO DLC, then changed to FREE DLC. and now that's "unrealistic" and we can pay extra for the things that he said would be in from the start. What a ****

8 minutes ago, Beliall said:

I don't mean to be rude, but it really isn't a technical marvel when you compare it to other games like elite dangerous and star citizen

Well yes it is because it's much bigger than elite dangerous and has much better planet exploration, the planets in elite dangerous are literally just a bump mapped spheres

And bringing Star Citizen into it is a little weird because that games been in development for years and is still nowhere near a finished product. It's also got a much bigger development team and 120 million quid in funding.

Edited by MrSpaM

Just now, MrSpaM said:

Well yes it is because it's much bigger than elite dangerous and has much better planet exploration, the planets in elite dangerous are literally just a bump mapped sphere

And bringing Star Citizen into it is a little weird because that games been in development for years and is still nowhere near a finished product

Those games don't use a stolen algorithm for starters. They have many game mechanics working behind the scenes, there is far more to do in their galaxies. and multiplayer. 

To be fair I am with Spam it is fun to play, very chilled and I’m having enough fun upgrading stuff getting all the Journey milestones, I’ll do that and sell it before it drops much in price and i'll pretty much make my money back, absloutley no drama at all. I’d of been livid had I got to the center and seen that, I never normally read spoilers but seemed like a good idea in this instance, but I agree I don’t think it’s a bad game at all.

But it’s nowhere near as detailed or fleshed out as they marketed it and some things they claimed were just totally false. Not about whether it’s still an ok game or not it is just bare faced lying to the consumer lol

17 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Those games don't use a stolen algorithm for starters. They have many game mechanics working behind the scenes, there is far more to do in their galaxies. and multiplayer. 

I think what it comes down to, is that I've bought games in the past that I've spent less time playing through. I feel like I've got my moneys worth out of it, regardless of what is missing.

I still see people on various gaming message boards claiming that they are going to get a refund after playing the game for 70 hours. This I just don't understand.

I mean I bought Batman : Arkham Knight a month ago, finished it in a week over about 3-4 play sessions. Thought it was a great game, never once thought of asking for a refund because it was long enough. And now you've got people claiming they want a refund for no mans sky, based on the fact they've now decided there isn't enough content after playing it for 70 hours. I don't see the logic in this at all.

I think what it comes down to, is that I've bought games in the past that I've spent less time playing through. I feel like I've got my moneys worth out of it, regardless of what is missing.

I still see people on various gaming message boards claiming that they are going to get a refund after playing the game for 70 hours. This I just don't understand.

I mean I bought Batman : Arkham Knight a month ago, finished it in a week over about 3-4 play sessions. Thought it was a great game, never once thought of asking for a refund because it was long enough. And now you've got people claiming they want a refund for no mans sky, based on the fact they've now decided there isn't enough content after playing it for 70 hours. I don't see the logic in this at all.

I agree with you there. You can't play a game that long and say you didn't enjoy it or get your moneys worth.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I stopped playing this as soon as I found out what was in the centre. It starts off great and its not until you've warped about 8 or 9 times that you realise that this is it, its like groundhog day but I carried on playing because I was intrigued to find out what really was in the centre. That's around the time I accidentally came across a spoiler about the galaxies centre and I'm so glad I did. Not been on it since. Very poor game, I wouldn't recommend it to anybody.

1 minute ago, 4everfox said:

I stopped playing this as soon as I found out what was in the centre. It starts off great and its not until you've warped about 8 or 9 times that you realise that this is it, its like groundhog day but I carried on playing because I was intrigued to find out what really was in the centre. That's around the time I accidentally came across a spoiler about the galaxies centre and I'm so glad I did. Not been on it since. Very poor game, I wouldn't recommend it to anybody.

Getting the Platinum was entertaining, pirating around shooting ships, clocking up the alien contacts warping etc. Gave the game some purpose. Problem is you can do it all in about 30 hours so not really offering up much game time.

There is just not enough variety in it for me, the planets all look similar. 

18 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I was laughed out of the building when I suggested this would be free under PS+ sooner rather than later.

Doesn't appear out of the question to me.

You were laughed out the room when you said it would launch on ps+ and rightly so.

tbf it's still a silly point now, the games still in the top10 and selling reasonably well.