Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dannythefox

Priority for the away games

How are people supposed to commit to 15 when we already have two midweek fixtures and are still at the mercy of Sky's fixtures from December onwards? What if people work on Sundays? What about those who wish to or can only travel by train (e.g Swansea)?

Don't buy the whole sign up and sell on argument. Say I can't make Southampton away, for instance, and there are already four I am guaranteed not to make. I very much doubt finding a buyer is going to be as easy as people are making out. Particularly if we are in the bottom 3 at the time. Besides, the Club should be working to eliminate this kind of thing as invariably there'll be some tools trying to make a profit on it.

So, so disappointed. Feel completely let down by this. Going to between 15 and 22 away games for the last 7 seasons has pretty much given me zero benefit as I very much doubt I'll be able to commit to 15 this year (with ticket prices and the fixture list as they are likely to be).

Those that have no or low current priority may come into a position where they have to buy off other fans to get in meaning they have zero chance of improving their priority for next season. Essentially creates a closed shop.

Will be writing to the Club for a few clarifications and a reason as to why they have made this lunatic decision.

Nothing to say the normal priority system doesn't exist. 

All this is, is a public offering of the away ticket preorder scheme that they have run for years?

I'd argue that there is a bigger difference than it just being made public:

- Old pre-order system - in the Championship, 90% of games go to general sale so no-one in their right mind would pre-order if they thought they wouldn't go to 21/23 away games as without signing up they would still be P1 and therefore guaranteed a ticket. This makes sense, allows those who truly will go to every game the comfort of not having to faff around queuing.

- New 'Away Membership' scheme - made available to those who went to 7 games last season. In the past, those who went to 7 games would marginally still be P3 and would be sweating it out for a ticket when we play Forest etc. This is now a method for them to guarantee themselves tickets to Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal etc which under the old system would have been very much 50/50. These people may not be interested in going to Swansea, Soton etc - attempting to sell tickets to people who can't build their priority as they are not buying direct from the Club. Say we have 2,000 who were P1 and P2 last season. Given our average away attendance last season this could easily have risen to 2,500+. These people could all, theoretically, buy into this scheme with absolutely no intention of going to 15 or more games unfairly limiting the chances of those unable to commit upfront yet wanting to go.  

I have no idea whether there is a limit on the number of these schemes available but there is no reference made to this on the website. At the very least, the Club must learn to provide more clarity when releasing these schemes.

For me, the old system worked. It had it's flaws at times but at least it was equitable. They should have binned the pre-order system this year.

Sorry this has probably been explained elsewhere but I can't find it...

Is this the only away priority for next season? If it is it's a bit shit as I went to 8 aways last season and haven't received an email but even if I did I can't commit to 15 games.

If it is I'm probably cancelling my Season ticket.

Yeah, got it too via email. Good idea generally.

Thought it was a good idea but the 15 game thing is ridiculous. Nobody is going to be able to afford 15 away games minimum. 

So is it the fans that commit to all the away games that only get the priority ? And a free for for all the season ticket holders that statement is not very clear!

I would doubt it, this system has been in operation for a number of seasons, to be honest a lot of people I know use it as they travel to all games and it saves queuing in person or on the phone, they know tickets will be sent out to them.

I would expect the normal system of 1 2 and 3 to operate as usual.

The club like it as it means they can claim your money earlier.

Obviously for the last few years P1 or 2 has been enough for most people to get tickets so no need to pre-order.

Got my email this morning, I can only do 13 as things stand tho, so not sure what what i'm going to do with the other 2 so if anyone really wants to go stoke or swansea PM me.

I would doubt it, this system has been in operation for a number of seasons, to be honest a lot of people I know use it as they travel to all games and it saves queuing in person or on the phone, they know tickets will be sent out to them.

I would expect the normal system of 1 2 and 3 to operate as usual.

The club like it as it means they can claim your money earlier.

Obviously for the last few years P1 or 2 has been enough for most people to get tickets so no need to pre-order.

Got my email this morning, I can only do 13 as things stand tho, so not sure what what i'm going to do with the other 2 so if anyone really wants to go stoke or swansea PM me.

This is definitely going to result in 'sold out' away ends that are 50% full.

So many issues with it in my opinion.

You are effectively making an elite which can use and abuse the system. For starters we all know the clubs away tickets record is patchy. We are going to see a black market of away tickets quickly appear.

As it's not direct money to the club they don't care. Such a system should be used to total diehard who go every game and then keep the current system in place below that.

I'm worried that the usual away game priority system will not be continuing as normal, because I see I have now gained an extra 100 points, 50 points a season for having a season ticket.  Has everybody elses priority points increased?

If so, how will they differentiate between the points gained from away games and those gained for other reasons?  It means somebody that had a season ticket for the last 2 years but has never been to an away game would have 100 points, and therefore have a higher number of points (and higher priority for away games) than someone who only had a season ticket last year but went to every away game (approx. 75 points). 

Anyone know how this is going to work?

Probably targeted at the fans in the posh seats who'll hand over the money regardless of how many away games they actually plan to attend.

I'm in the kop. That make me posh.

Or just loyal and fortunate?

Have posted this in the pinned thread but thought I would put in here too to answer some of the questions:

Have got some clarification of the scheme details from the Head of Ticketing:

Only 560 supporters met the 7+ game requirements.

If you haven't received an invite but feel like you should then contact the sales centre. People will receive letters if there is no email address on file.

The Scheme does not replace the exisiting priority system - all points that have been attained since the beginning of the 2012/13 seasons onwards will remain and will continue to be used for ticket eligibility for away fixtures.

If you want to sit with other people and pay on separate cards, return all forms together or indicate who they are on the form and the Club will sort it out.

The Club will only accept joint requests if the other supporter also meets the 7+ game criteria.

When a fixture is moved from Saturday 3pm to midweek evening, you can return the ticket and this will not count as one of the 4 returns.

If you return more than 4 tickets and are removed from the Scheme, you will not lose your right to buy a ticket during your eligibility period - you will just have to phone/go to the Sales Centre to get the ticket rather than have it done for you automatically. (You can also opt out of the scheme and this will still apply).

I checked my points and I went to 6 league and 3 cup away games so I missed out by 1 not that I can go to a lot of away games this season as I am away but hopefully wont miss out on the ones I want to go to ;)

Have posted this in the pinned thread but thought I would put in here too to answer some of the questions:

Have got some clarification of the scheme details from the Head of Ticketing:

Only 560 supporters met the 7+ game requirements.

If you haven't received an invite but feel like you should then contact the sales centre. People will receive letters if there is no email address on file.

The Scheme does not replace the exisiting priority system - all points that have been attained since the beginning of the 2012/13 seasons onwards will remain and will continue to be used for ticket eligibility for away fixtures.

If you want to sit with other people and pay on separate cards, return all forms together or indicate who they are on the form and the Club will sort it out.

The Club will only accept joint requests if the other supporter also meets the 7+ game criteria.

When a fixture is moved from Saturday 3pm to midweek evening, you can return the ticket and this will not count as one of the 4 returns.

If you return more than 4 tickets and are removed from the Scheme, you will not lose your right to buy a ticket during your eligibility period - you will just have to phone/go to the Sales Centre to get the ticket rather than have it done for you automatically. (You can also opt out of the scheme and this will still apply).

Thanks Chloe. Most helpful.

Hope my gang receive letter or I'm sending the big lad (C-Man) down on Saturday to ruffle a few feathers.

Thanks Chloe. Most helpful.

Hope my gang receive letter or I'm sending the big lad (C-Man) down on Saturday to ruffle a few feathers.

They will be releasing the information I've put in here publicly very soon.

Just a reminder, if anyone thinks they are eligible and haven't received an email or a letter, ring the Sales Centre (new local number is now in action, so it won't cost you a fortune). They will not turn away anyone who is eligible for the scheme. 

Agree with what the majority have put in here. C-Man has hit the nail on the head.

There was nothing wrong with the system before this pre-order scheme was offered out to people who attended 7+ aways, which last season would have been on the border line on being priority 2. 

The only issues with the priority system last year was that the website was a joke however they now seemed to have fixed it so you can only buy tickets when its your booking period. The other issues being that the ticket office staff seemingly at times mis-managed the priority system and may have seized ticket opportunities granted to them through their employment with the club.

If it ain't broke then don't fix it. All the club have done is further complicate things and confuse supporters with their average press release!

Archived