Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

'No-go areas in Leicester for niqab wearers', claims book.

I am doing a training course on Tuesdays and we were discussing appearances and how others see you. One lad was saying that he used B & Q a lot and there was a salesman in there with tattoos and earings and he avoided going to him for stuff. One day no one else was available and had to ask him and he said he was the most helpful of the lot and polite/

My point? Do not judge a book by its cover.It is natural to be wary of others if they look a lot different. and understanding should be shown from both sides to avoid conflict.

Ken, chapter 4, verse 6

Well first of all Hamilton? Seriously....

Secondly I think the issue is freedom of choice, as long as it is the women who choose to wear the niqaab then it's their prerogative. Saying that they isolate themselves against society is a bit like saying goths, emos etc do the same - it's their choice. The ability for people to make their own choices is what makes this country great. The article was ridiculous though as some people have mentioned - it's not safe for most people to walk through some of these areas not just one stereotype..... But seriously.. Hamilton??

I did an office skills program a while back and the tutor was Muslim. She told us from the start that she could not shake hands. She said it may seen strange but she could not touch another mans hand but her husband.

I think she was originally from pakistan and said although her husband did not want her (forbid) his parents encouraged it and even helped with funding. Her English was very good and she had a pleasant manner even making jokes,

She did not wear the full veil but her head was covered. Her choice. I think she may have left her first husband because of the restrictions. She was strong and independant which helped her get the education she wanted.

Guest MattP

I did an office skills program a while back and the tutor was Muslim. She told us from the start that she could not shake hands. She said it may seen strange but she could not touch another mans hand but her husband.

I think she was originally from pakistan and said although her husband did not want her (forbid) his parents encouraged it and even helped with funding. Her English was very good and she had a pleasant manner even making jokes,

She did not wear the full veil but her head was covered. Her choice. I think she may have left her first husband because of the restrictions. She was strong and independant which helped her get the education she wanted.

If somone said to me they couldn't shake my head that would probably be my last dealing with them.

She really won't be suited to any tolerant western liberal lifestyle with attitudes like that even if the dhimmis in the class think it's justified.

It's also laughable to claim she is 'strong and independent' whilst she has to do that. Would she want to be saved on a operating table if it was a someone not her husband who had to perform the operation?

I gave up taking his posts serious a long time ago. So i have turned the tables. I can guess his response before I post. Quite funny really

I'm off out now to spend his hard earned tax that he has kindly donated. :)

If somone said to me they couldn't shake my head that would probably be my last dealing with them.

She really won't be suited to any tolerant western liberal lifestyle with attitudes like that even if the dhimmis in the class think it's justified.

It's also laughable to claim she is 'strong and independent' whilst she has to do that. Would she want to be saved on a operating table if it was a someone not her husband who had to perform the operation?

So you both care about shaking hands, see the irony there matt?

Guest MattP

So you both care about shaking hands, see the irony there matt?

Shaking hands is very similar to saying hello and giving a smile, saying please and thank you, it's a very British way of greeting someone and instantly a show of affection and respect. If you can't do it then you probably aren't going to fit in here among the wider community.

See the irony of you though defending ones right to a bizarre belief (only Islamic of course, standard) a few days though after slating anothers though as usual.

She is a successful business women and teaches office skills. Why would not shaking hands because of he beliefs lessen her ability to do that. She told us so as not to offend when she refused;

If a Frenchman wanted to kiss you on both cheeks and you turned him down would he be right in refusing to talk to you again?

Guest MattP

She is a successful business women and teaches office skills. Why would not shaking hands because of he beliefs lessen her ability to do that. She told us so as not to offend when she refused;

Is she? You said she was a tutor teaching basic skills to down and outs? I didn't say it would lessen her ability to teach, just that she probably won't be suited to a liberal tolerant society where shaking hands is very commonplace if she can't do it because of some warped belief.

What businesses does she own?

Guest MattP

I've worked with hundreds of Muslims of both sex in my life and never has one said anything like this to me, are you sure your hands weren't dirty or she could smell the alcohol from the pub and she used it as an excuse?

I could understand that.

Shaking hands is very similar to saying hello and giving a smile, saying please and thank you, it's a very British way of greeting someone and instantly a show of affection and respect. If you can't do it then you probably aren't going to fit in here among the wider community.

See the irony of you though defending ones right to a bizarre belief (only Islamic of course, standard) a few days though after slating anothers though as usual.

I'll defend who I want, just like yourself.

I just said she was a tutor teaching office skills in which she is qualified to do. I never mentioned it being basic or it was taught to down and outs. The cours was open to anyone looking to work or improve in that sector.

You are looking and judging from a Western POV and values. She explained beforehand which she did not have to do. The reason was not because she did not want to which is different to just shunning a person.

Guest MattP

I just said she was a tutor teaching office skills in which she is qualified to do. I never mentioned it being basic or it was taught to down and outs. The cours was open to anyone looking to work or improve in that sector.

You said she was a businesswoman.

Guest MattP

You are looking and judging from a Western POV and values.

Well of course I am, the incident occured in a Western country. lol Are you saying Western nations should now be overly concerned with Islamic values within our own society? Shall we turn a blind eye to honour killings?, stone a few birds? Join ISIS?

You won't like it when you realise it will effect your all day drinking.

I don't like shaking hands as you don't know where they've been and what germs they are carrying as I seem to be very susceptible to catching colds. It's also a bit off putting when you see reports of how much shit residue lots of people have on their hands

Toilet doors should be made to open outwards so you don't have to touch the door handle to get out so many people in public toilets don't or can't wash their hands..

Air kissing someones cheek has been proven to be much 'cleaner'

Call me paranoid but that's who I've become.

I don't like shaking hands as you don't know where they've been and what germs they are carrying as I seem to be very susceptible to catching colds. It's also a bit off putting when you see reports of how much shit residue lots of people have on their hands

Toilet doors should be made to open outwards so you don't have to touch the door handle to get out so many people in public toilets don't or can't wash their hands..

Air kissing someones cheek has been proven to be much 'cleaner'

Call me paranoid but that's who I've become.

Not paranoid at all.The reason other faiths/religions adopt this approach could stem from that. it originates from a hot country where there may be more decease coming from unhygienic practices. They found that the safest way to prevent it was not to have bodily contact with strangers. The rule was more likely to be followed if coming from a religion. So there we have it.

As Westerners we do not think twice about shaking hands and it has always been accepted as a sign of friendship.

You say Matt that you would be offended if a person refused. What if they had just been for a shit and forgot to wash their hands then you went out and bought a bacon sandwich giving half to Moose. The next day he could drop dead through food poisoning. Would you want that on your conscience? :).

What Ken originally posted about this woman doesn't have much to do with this thread anyway.

Only to show that you do not have to panic over what a person chooses to wear.

Saw a woman in the street with one today. She had with her a small girl who was not wearing one so it is not compulsory. As I understand they do not want men staring at them and making rude gestures.

Give it time as they are integrated into our British lifesyle you may one day see some Muslim Chavs then you can walk about safely at night.

lol:nigel::knockyhat::pearson::scarf:

Well of course I am, the incident occured in a Western country. lol Are you saying Western nations should now be overly concerned with Islamic values within our own society? Shall we turn a blind eye to honour killings?, stone a few birds? Join ISIS?

You won't like it when you realise it will effect your all day drinking.

Someone remind me... A person choosing not to shake your hand for whatever reason... The same as honour killing? Stoning a few 'birds'?? And joining ISIS... Oh yea cause every Muslim does all those things..

Guest MattP

Someone remind me... A person choosing not to shake your hand for whatever reason... The same as honour killing? Stoning a few 'birds'?? And joining ISIS... Oh yea cause every Muslim does all those things..

Yeah because that's exactly what I'm saying. lol

Shaking hands is disgusting to be honest

It's people who can't keep their hands clean that are disgusting.

Archived