Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Slimani

Can only see this happening should Chris Wood leave us and then I cannot imagine someone who plays week in, week out for Sporting wanting to play second fiddle to Leo. Think this may well be lazy journalism considering we are in for Campbell, but, we know Nigel likes 2 people for each area (at least).

Can only see this happening should Chris Wood leave us and then I cannot imagine someone who plays week in, week out for Sporting wanting to play second fiddle to Leo. Think this may well be lazy journalism considering we are in for Campbell, but, we know Nigel likes 2 people for each area (at least).

10 starts and 15 subs appearances doesn't scream playing week in week out to me.

10 starts and 15 subs appearances doesn't scream playing week in week out to me.

No, but he is a first team player and subconsciously may feel, that, being at a supposed bigger club to Brighton he is therefore a better player? 

To be fair, he has just played all/most of the campaign in Algeria's best ever World Cup side.

GFT and Wood out. Vardy, Campbell, and Nugent on the bench. Slimani and Ulloa starting. That'll do nicely.

You wouldn't start two strikers that are not only unproven in the league, but also unproven at the club.

I think it is fair to assume that given no injuries the following will all start next season....

kasper

de laet

morgan

?

?

Mahrez

drinky

James

?

?

Vardy

Who will partner morgan?

Who will play left back?

Knocky or the proven albrighton?

Nuge? Ulloa? Wood? or even an extra midfielder?

You wouldn't start two strikers that are not only unproven in the league, but also unproven at the club.

I think it is fair to assume that given no injuries the following will all start next season....

kasper

de laet

morgan

?

?

Mahrez

drinky

James

?

?

Vardy

Who will partner morgan?

Who will play left back?

Knocky or the proven albrighton?

Nuge? Ulloa? Wood? or even an extra midfielder?

Totally agree with this. Kasper, Morgan, Drinkwater and probably Vardy are shoe-ins to start if fit.

Love to see jeff make left back his own this year it would be great to have home grown in there and liam is more than capable playing CB

Agree, but it would be a risk to start both moore and schlupp especially on the same side.

Would expect to see upson or konch to start against everton because of this.

I love Nige, but I'd have to question Nige in the transfer market if he signs Ulloa and Slimani for £14million (combined) before strengthening at left-back and centre-back first. Especially when both of the strikers in question are unproven at Premier League level. 

I love Nige, but I'd have to question Nige in the transfer market if he signs Ulloa and Slimani for £14million (combined) before strengthening at left-back and centre-back first. Especially when both of the strikers in question are unproven at Premier League level. 

We have 4 centre backs. Nigel signed Upson who was one of the best defenders in the Championship last season and has spent 17 seasons in the Premier League and played for England in a World Cup. The other 3, Moore is an England U21 and one of the most promising and exciting young English defenders in football. Wasilewski is a 60 cap international with Champions League experience and Wes is club captain and been one of our most standout performers in the past 2 seasons. What more do you want?

Left back is obviously more contentious but Konchesky has spent almost the entirety of his career playing in the Premier League and by all accounts is a solid left back and Schlupp is seen by the management as a future star at left back and will be given every opportunity to make the position his own. He missed out by a whisker on going to the World Cup and Ghana are selecting him for African Nations qualifiers. 

Strikers we have Nugent, Vardy, Wood, Taylor-Fletcher. Nugent and Taylor-Fletcher are the only 2 to have spent time playing at the top level and neither scored a large amount of goals. Wood is young, still raw and needs time to develop, he is likely to go on loan. That leaves Vardy who 2 years ago was playing Conference football and this time last year people were expecting him to be sold for not being able to perform in Championship football. Easy to see why we need proven goal scorers.

Nugent

Vardy

Ulloa

Slimani

(Wood on loan and GTF as a back up midfield/attacking option)

looks much better than

Nugent

Vardy

Wood

GTF

We have 4 centre backs. Nigel signed Upson who was one of the best defenders in the Championship last season and has spent 17 seasons in the Premier League and played for England in a World Cup. The other 3, Moore is an England U21 and one of the most promising and exciting young English defenders in football. Wasilewski is a 60 cap international with Champions League experience and Wes is club captain and been one of our most standout performers in the past 2 seasons. What more do you want?

Left back is obviously more contentious but Konchesky has spent almost the entirety of his career playing in the Premier League and by all accounts is a solid left back and Schlupp is seen by the management as a future star at left back and will be given every opportunity to make the position his own. He missed out by a whisker on going to the World Cup and Ghana are selecting him for African Nations qualifiers. 

Strikers we have Nugent, Vardy, Wood, Taylor-Fletcher. Nugent and Taylor-Fletcher are the only 2 to have spent time playing at the top level and neither scored a large amount of goals. Wood is young, still raw and needs time to develop, he is likely to go on loan. That leaves Vardy who 2 years ago was playing Conference football and this time last year people were expecting him to be sold for not being able to perform in Championship football. Easy to see why we need proven goal scorers.

Nugent

Vardy

Ulloa

Slimani

(Wood on loan and GTF as a back up midfield/attacking option)

looks much better than

Nugent

Vardy

Wood

GTF

I can see where you're coming from, and looking at it the way you've put it has slightly changed my opinion, but...

We may well have four centre backs but there is a distinct lack of pace at the centre of the defence even though there is a lot of Premier League experience I'd be worried when we come up against a team with pace that we'd struggle big time. I'd rather we got another quick(er) centre back than two strikers first. 

Left back, however, is the position we need to strengthen before anything else at the minute. Schlupp may well be one for the future, and I believe he will become a very good left back, but just look at Reading away from last season. He was torn a new one, by a good Championship winger imagine what a decent Premier League winger will do to him let alone players like Sanchez etc.

Konchesky isn't good enough for me, way too many times last season he seriously struggled to tell me that he could do a job in the Premier League still, his pace has gone and that was one of the saving assets for him in the past. As well as that, the key to being successful next year will be keeping the ball for good periods of time, Konchesky's punts up the line will hurt us next year as it's just giving the ball away to the opposition for free. 

£14million for two strikers before strengthening Left back, at the very least, would worry me. I realise that we need to strengthen in the striking department but I believe that Vardy is good enough to succeed along with Nugent and Ulloa. Someone like Campbell would do as another striker signing, especially for £800,000 rather than another £7million signing. 

A line-up of... 

Ulloa 

Campbell

Vardy

Nugent 

would be good enough for me, especially as we know Campbell can give you about 10 goals in the Premier League, who knows what Slimani could give you? 

I can see where you're coming from, and looking at it the way you've put it has slightly changed my opinion, but...

We may well have four centre backs but there is a distinct lack of pace at the centre of the defence even though there is a lot of Premier League experience I'd be worried when we come up against a team with pace that we'd struggle big time. I'd rather we got another quick(er) centre back than two strikers first. 

Left back, however, is the position we need to strengthen before anything else at the minute. Schlupp may well be one for the future, and I believe he will become a very good left back, but just look at Reading away from last season. He was torn a new one, by a good Championship winger imagine what a decent Premier League winger will do to him let alone players like Sanchez etc.

Konchesky isn't good enough for me, way too many times last season he seriously struggled to tell me that he could do a job in the Premier League still, his pace has gone and that was one of the saving assets for him in the past. As well as that, the key to being successful next year will be keeping the ball for good periods of time, Konchesky's punts up the line will hurt us next year as it's just giving the ball away to the opposition for free. 

£14million for two strikers before strengthening Left back, at the very least, would worry me. I realise that we need to strengthen in the striking department but I believe that Vardy is good enough to succeed along with Nugent and Ulloa. Someone like Campbell would do as another striker signing, especially for £800,000 rather than another £7million signing. 

A line-up of... 

Ulloa 

Campbell

Vardy

Nugent 

would be good enough for me, especially as we know Campbell can give you about 10 goals in the Premier League, who knows what Slimani could give you? 

I can see left back is a concern for some but I think it speaks volumes that Nigel has so much faith in Jeff, the more he is exposed to left back the better he is coming and it must be a real boost to his confidence to know the manager rates him. If we struggle maybe it's something to look at in January.

Slimani is a difficult one as he's only had a season at Sporting but by all accounts was successful for them and he put in a very good showing at the World Cup. Personally for me he has more upside than Campbell as he is nowhere near the finished article and doesn't have the injury issues that have plagued Campbell's career so far. It's not like we are stuck for cash, money is there to be invested in the squad.

It amazes me how on one thread people are criticizing the goalscoring record of ulloa, but on this thread claim we should buy this guy because of 'his record at sporting is good'.

No it isn't, it is terrible really.

On the Sky Sports transfer centre under the paper talk bit:

• Leicester have asked Sporting Lisbon if they would be prepared to sell £7million-rated Algeria striker Islam Slimani

On the Sky Sports transfer centre under the paper talk bit:

• Leicester have asked Sporting Lisbon if they would be prepared to sell £7million-rated Algeria striker Islam Slimani

Now I'm confused.

3 new strikers? That would be crazy! 2 is enough... If Ulloa deal has fell through then get this guy I expect?

Campbell is competition for Vardys spot, I can't see us bringing in 2 big strikers

It amazes me how on one thread people are criticizing the goalscoring record of ulloa, but on this thread claim we should buy this guy because of 'his record at sporting is good'.

No it isn't, it is terrible really.

Terrible? That's a bit harsh.

Archived