Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Slimani

Leicester close to hiring Slimani

By Newsroom

Islam Slimani can leave Sporting in the coming hours. According to the newspaper A BOLA, Leicester prepares to make an offer of € 8 million by the Algerian striker, a proposal that may render the coffers Lions further two million by objectives. followed The player is not with the team for the Egypt and since the charge of the club will not place high barriers to exit. 11:01 - 08/04/2014 

A goal every 132 minutes for Sporting last season. 5 goals were winners and 4 in the last twenty

Yep but used off the bench, to both hold up play when winning and to chase the game a s a super sub so not an awful stat considering?

Yep but used off the bench, to both hold up play when winning and to chase the game a s a super sub so not an awful stat considering?

It was more in support of him. If you consider that he went from African club football to Sporting, you'd imagine he took some time getting used to the level.

is the site reliable?

Uncertain - which is a slightly better omen than knowing it definitely isn't reliable!

No matter what, it'll be badly regurgitated on the first4lcfc site in the next few hours...........

It was more in support of him. If you consider that he went from African club football to Sporting, you'd imagine he took some time getting used to the level.

Ah, I see where you are coming from.

If we do sign this guy, I think Nigel's plan could be to play him up front on his own. Some games we will probably play 4-4-2, others we could play 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1. 

When we play two up front, I think Nigel will go with Ulloa & Vardy, mix the power with the pace, could be very effective in some games. While if we play one up front, I can see Nigel going with Nugent or Slimani if he comes in, both of them can hold the ball up, run the channels, have good work rate, and they will close down and hassle defenders. If you play Ulloa up front on his own, his the type of player who would get isolated, not as hard working and will get frustrated if things don't go his way. While Vardy has the work rate, but isn't the type of player you'd play alone up front.

Depending on fitness levels, we could well see Nugent & Vardy to start with, but as the season progresses and we get in Slimani I wouldn't be surprised if what I have said above happens. 

If we do sign this guy, I think Nigel's plan could be to play him up front on his own. Some games we will probably play 4-4-2, others we could play 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1.

When we play two up front, I think Nigel will go with Ulloa & Vardy, mix the power with the pace, could be very effective in some games. While if we play one up front, I can see Nigel going with Nugent or Slimani if he comes in, both of them can hold the ball up, run the channels, have good work rate, and they will close down and hassle defenders. If you play Ulloa up front on his own, his the type of player who would get isolated, not as hard working and will get frustrated if things don't go his way. While Vardy has the work rate, but isn't the type of player you'd play alone up front.

Depending on fitness levels, we could well see Nugent & Vardy to start with, but as the season progresses and we get in Slimani I wouldn't be surprised if what I have said above happens.

A huge amount of speculation based on nothing really.

To say Ulloa doesn't have the work rate for playing up front is bold. How many times have you seem him play live?

I get the feeling we're going to be using Vardy as a winger/wide forward. I'm not keen on that.

Same here. It seems to me that he might be asked to play in the Lloyd Dyer role, albeit a bit more as an inside forward than an out and out winger.

Archived