Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Slimani

Right, so if we do offer 8 million euro's like the report stated (which is about 6.36 million pounds) we're already 1.36 million over the Kingfox budget/expert valuation?

So basically, we can all look forward to you spouting more of the same crap throughout the entire transfer window.

Great.

Spouting crap, if I don't want Ulloa, I don't want Ulloa, I don't have to want or like every player we've been linked with.

If I like or rate a player I'll say so, thank you very much :)

Spouting crap, if I don't want Ulloa, I don't want Ulloa, I don't have to want or like every player we've been linked with.

If I like or rate a player I'll say so, thank you very much :)

How do I put this without upsetting you?

Stop talking on here like you are some sort of ****ing expert or authority on every tom, dick and harry player you've ever come across without actually seeing them in the flesh with some level of consistency or decent timeframe.

STFU for a bit and reel your neck in. :thumbup:

Which one is the not-so-good one out of the pair of Slimani and Soudani?

We're getting the 'better' one, yes?

Soudani was awful so him I'd imagine.

Sounds like a good signing, looks like he scores most from his head, so is he a second option for a target man if we don't get Ulloa?

Would be nice to get Algeriafan's view if he's still knocking around.

How do I put this without upsetting you?

Stop talking on here like you are some sort of ****ing expert or authority on every tom, dick and harry player you've ever come across without actually seeing them in the flesh with some level of consistency or decent timeframe.

STFU for a bit and reel your neck in. :thumbup:

But how do you know I haven't?

You put hidden cameras in my house or something?

Your immaturity.

What's immature about commenting on a player I don't want?

Just because I say I like this player or I don't like that player, you jump on me.

However if someone else says I have seen him play, looked decent, you don't say shit.

Unlikely to be anything in it but Riyad retweeted this earlier

Translation

@OfficialFOXES s preparing to offer 8 million Euro for @slimaniislam, if the contract is concluded he will be the teammate of @Mahrez22

Sorry guys, haven't been on here in ages so just saw this now.

Slimani's game is suited perfectly for the Premier League, no doubt about that. He holds the ball up well, has pretty decent link up play, is brilliant in the air and you won't find a striker who works harder than him on the pitch. For a big man, he also has decent pace and can stretch a defence too, which for me is his USP, if he has one that is. Most big, tall strikers aren't that mobile.

The downsides is that he isn't that good technically. He sometimes looks clumsy with the ball at his feet, especially when running at defenders, and his finishing with the ball on the ground can be woeful at times.

He's a difficult one. Even for us Algerian fans, one minute we love him, the next we kind of wish he was on the bench. For example, in the Armenia and Romania match pre-world cup, he was woeful. I'm talking really, really bad, missed some absolute sitters. That led to him losing his spot in the first team for the Belgium match, which most supporters were fully behind. Then after Soudani's poor match he's back in and has a great game against South Korea, scores the key goal against Russia and was a threat against Germany (though for me this was a match where I would have preferred Ghilas, a much more dangerous striker with the ball to his feet). And that's not the first time something like this has happened with Slimani, he does have immense character to be able to bounce back from bad runs, and that for me is a very important characteristic for a striker.

The question of whether he'd be a good fit for Leicester is a tough one, but for me he'd be good (apparently Sporting will only accept 12 million euros, so whether that's worth it or not we'll see). I haven't seen enough of Leicester to know what kind of team you are, and tbh that's likely to change anyway from the championship to the Premier League. Most promoted clubs become counter attacking teams for most of the season in the Premier League. Slimani would be pretty perfect for that. He can run in behind and stretch a defence, he can keep hold of a long ball and his link up play is good. He would rely on good delivery into the box as he's pretty lethal in the air and that's where the majority of his goals will come from. However, if Leicester are a team who are going to dominate possession, and have intricate attacking midfielders looking to thread passes through a deep defensive line then forget it, he's not your man.

Anyway, whatever happens he's been a great story. He was playing amateur football in Algeria 4 years ago (!!!!!!). Last season he scored extremely key goals for Sporting Lisbon (pretty much kept them in the title race single handedly at times with his goals from the bench, which eventually lead to him being a starter in their team for the last 10 odd games of the season) and he also had a good world cup. He's extremely motivated to succeed and for me the Premier League is probably the perfect career move for him, with a team like Leicester being one of his better options. There are a lot of teams interested (Palace, Stoke and West Ham in the Premier League, along with another 3/4 clubs in the bundesliga) so him moving is pretty much a certainty.

And don't forget Algeria will be (baring an absolutely shocking qualifying campaign) participating in the nations cup during January/February of next year (2015). We'll probably be one of the favourites for that competition, especially considering it's held in our neighbouring country Morocco, and so he could miss quite a lot of action for his club this season, at a key part of the season too. Probably something to consider.

Always appreciate your input, I hope you stick around even now that the World Cup is over just to keep us posted on Mahrez.

We were very much a mixed side last season. We were a counter-attacking side but I think when we signed Mahrez we became more of a side who would like to dominate possession. One that could attack on the counter but one that could press high up the field and keep opponents pinned back. We were a very versatile side and this in my opinion is why we were so successful.

The counter attacking stuff isn't as common but I assume we'll go back to that next season as realistically we aren't going to outplay Man City or Arsenal. Mahrez looks to me like he'd be very comfortable in either system.

Not sure about this one personally.

Archived