Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Slimani

I don't get the point of this. Or the Deeney signing if it happens.

Surely means the Campbell deal is off.

That's the point then isn't it. Nige wants two strikers and one deals fallen through, therefore he's going for other targets.

Surely it will be one of Deeney or Slimani, (if either)?? In which case, even if we add Campbell - and i hope we do - it would be a set of forwards that was Ulloah, Vardy, Deeney or Slimani, Campbell and Nugent. Five forwards that represents a significant upgrading on what we had last season. Squad needs upgrading for PL and would have to say that Nuge then arguably being fifth choice represents just that. It also leaves us needing to move some others out to stay on top of wages.

That's the point then isn't it. Nige wants two strikers and one deals fallen through, therefore he's going for other targets.

I just don't think we need another big money striker who is very similar in style to Ulloa who we've just signed. How many clubs in the PL who aren't in Europe have 4 strikers who are all expected to be first choice?

I just don't think we need another big money striker who is very similar in style to Ulloa who we've just signed. How many clubs in the PL who aren't in Europe have 4 strikers who are all expected to be first choice?

Most likely none, but i won't check. However maybe that's their failing.

This whole season is very new ground.

We've been under the banner of the PL before, but never in the current state of modern football. 10 years ago it was all very different.

Maybe this is how the club want to progress through owners and management. I have no issues with the money being spent. It isn't mine and we've never been able to do it before. Now we have funds and cause to do so.

While I don't think we need all the strikers being mentioned, let trust Nige, which I assume most if not all do, he'll get the squad he wants and hopefully it'll pay off. If it doesn't well we'll deal with it then.

My burnley mate reckons they are gonna bid for nuge. Very likely to be bs but would be interesting if they were.

That wouldn't exactly be the smartest move in the history of football would it?  Nuge was out of contract a few weeks ago and they could have got him for free.  So to wait for him to sign a new 2 year deal with us and then try and buy him would be a little unwise on their part don't you think?  But who knows, maybe they have just had another loan approved by Bank of Dave and now money is no object.

Archived