Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ilkeston away pre match chat. Tuesday 22 July (7.30pm KO)

The Facebook Youngy rimmers are having a meltdown over this!

To be fair it was a pretty poor thing to say from Ian.  Would expect him of all people to appreciate what it must feel like - Good or bad at commentating, Youngy is(was?) impassioned by Leicester City so to lose that involvement in the club's match days must be gut wrenching. Ian's the only other Leicester fan who can honestly understand that feeling so it's disappointing that he'd make a crass remark like that.  I'm happy to put it down to naivety (come on, it's Ian we're talking about) and leave it at that though.

To be fair it was a pretty poor thing to say from Ian.  Would expect him of all people to appreciate what it must feel like - Good or bad at commentating, Youngy is(was?) impassioned by Leicester City so to lose that involvement in the club's match days must be gut wrenching. Ian's the only other Leicester fan who can honestly understand that feeling so it's disappointing that he'd make a crass remark like that.  I'm happy to put it down to naivety (come on, it's Ian we're talking about) and leave it at that though.

I think in the off season, people have forgotten that stringer is a ****

missed the game, what did he say?

He said something along the lines of "Gerry's enjoyed his first day on the job, I've enjoyed meeting Gerry Taggart, and you've enjoyed being employed. Everybody's happy." to Jason.  Silly thing to say but I don't think he meant any disrespect to Youngy, he just isn't the smartest one in the class.

He said something along the lines of "Gerry's enjoyed his first day on the job, I've enjoyed meeting Gerry Taggart, and you've enjoyed being employed. Everybody's happy." to Jason.  Silly thing to say but I don't think he meant any disrespect to Youngy, he just isn't the smartest one in the class.

ahhh yeah I see. If he cut out all this silly shit people wouldn't have a problem at all. Aside from it, he's a decent commentator

glad i went to the game last night. slightly dull 1st half but i didnt see anyone have a 'bad' game. Pearson looked dangerous and Albrighton looks a nuisance. GTF had a good half aswel.

2nd half was much better with Drinkwater bossing as usual. Nugent looked really sharp as did Knockaert. I thought one of the best players was Ryan Watson. Looks a really good talent beating opposition with ease on the quick turn.

Now i know it was only Ilkeston but overall i was quite impressed the way we approached the game.

1 slight criticism i had was with Barmby in the 1st half. He likes going in for a slide tackle. No need to and gave away a couple of silly free kicks.

Decent run out.

Morgan was a rock at the back

Jeff S looked very good going forward

Knocky was the playmaker and drifted all over the pitch

Liam played cb and was comfortable

Nugent looked sharp

James Played dm and passed well.

Waz distribution was poor

Albrighton doesn't have the skill of Mahrez or knocky but lots of stamina

We'll done to those who attended yesterday

Sounds like a very pleasing run really. Hamer's error sounds like the biggest minus but he gets it out the way in a low pressure situation, gets to see how Pearson reacts to it which I'm sure will be positive and that will take some pressure off him if he ever gets thrown in.

Sounds like a very pleasing run really. Hamer's error sounds like the biggest minus but he gets it out the way in a low pressure situation, gets to see how Pearson reacts to it which I'm sure will be positive and that will take some pressure off him if he ever gets thrown in.

Just an awkward bobble it took. I'd rather be make a mistake against ilkestone than Chelsea. Learn from it and move on.

"You enjoy just being employed"

Fvcking hell Stringer, proper rubbing into Young's face now.

Am I the only one who thinks people may have misunderstood that quip.

Gerry along with all dickovs back room staff got sacked whilst at oldham.

Dickov clearly decided against taking him to doncaster.

I think it was just aimed at taggart.

Archived