Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

End of tenancy clean

We're doing it now. I've got til Thursday off work to do it. It's not like we've ruined the place in five years but we've been two twenty something guys here on our own for that time. There's bits of the house we've just literally never cleaned.

Just don't want to bust my ass and still get told it needs a professional clean for the landlord to charge more than I could have paid some pros with shit hot steam equipment and all that jazz.

My mum uses cleaners regardless of how well they leave it - she charges depending on how long it takes to get it back into the condition it was when it was let. Some people leave it so well that she doesn't charge them at all. 

A few years ago a Russian guy just left literally everything he owned and went back to Russia. Made about a grand off selling these weird adult comic book things he had.

I live with five other people and our landlord took £40.00 each off us. So (£40.00 x 6) £240 overall. Said we needed a new cooker and they had to get in "expert" cleaners. Don't really agree with that bit... Only thing we did wrong was I punched the mirror and it smashed and one of my male housemates jumped through the kitchen table... So I guess you can call it fair. Either way, I was pleased he just took £40 off us, not much really.

I've got to get mine done next month as i'm moving back to Leics from Wimbledon. The oven is the pits and I can see that costing me a ton on it's own. I've vowed this is the last time i'll rent, i've got to pay over £500 to break my tenancy early plus i've been without a fridge for 2 weeks as it exploded and I lost everything that was in there and had to buy fresh food every day and then bin what's left every night. Will I get any discount on this months rent? Flying pigs.

I've got to get mine done next month as i'm moving back to Leics from Wimbledon. The oven is the pits and I can see that costing me a ton on it's own. I've vowed this is the last time i'll rent, i've got to pay over £500 to break my tenancy early plus i've been without a fridge for 2 weeks as it exploded and I lost everything that was in there and had to buy fresh food every day and then bin what's left every night. Will I get any discount on this months rent? Flying pigs.

London, man.

I've got some of this lethal ass shit to try out later. I'll basically either have a clean oven or be dead by the end of the day. 

OvenPride.png

I think you can get someone in to clean your oven for about £40/50.

That oven cleaner stuff is fecking awful.  I bought my van off a guy who used to professionally clean ovens.  I cleaned the van top to bottom when I got it, but the chemicals he used still lingered for months.  If I rubbed my eye after holding the steering wheel, I could feel my eye dissolving.

Well worth paying for.

Me and my missis absolutely scrubbed the last place we was at. Borrowed my step dads carpet cleaner and got the carpets back the a better standard then they we're before we moved in. But our landlady was an absolute tool. Sat there arguing with her about it for about an hour and made my missis cry. If she was a man I would of punched him right in the mouth.

We ended up agreeing for us to buy a new carpet but then a week later she decided to take matters into her own hands and bought a £500 carpet and we didn't get our bond back. Bitch!

We've looked into it and seeked some advice. Apparently she's in the wrong and looking through the contract she has ****ed up big time. Apparently we can claim back x3 our bond back from her.

It's got to the point now that she knows she's messed up and now won't answer her phone. I'm going to milk her for as much as I can. :)

That's even a real thing?

Currently got my missus round helping so I think that's a no on the paying one to come round.

She has been moaning it's too hot mind so a freebie isn't off the cards. Got a nice bit of Kwak in the fridge.

That's even a real thing?

Currently got my missus round helping so I think that's a no on the paying one to come round.

She has been moaning it's too hot mind so a freebie isn't off the cards. Got a nice bit of Kwak in the fridge.

That's a euphamism, right?

I think you can get someone in to clean your oven for about £40/50.

That oven cleaner stuff is fecking awful.  I bought my van off a guy who used to professionally clean ovens.  I cleaned the van top to bottom when I got it, but the chemicals he used still lingered for months.  If I rubbed my eye after holding the steering wheel, I could feel my eye dissolving.

Well worth paying for.

Oh yes, I fully agree.

Archived