Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

next England captain

It has to be Rooney. Such a ****ing anti Rooney brigade from people who think they're "overpaid idiots". If we had that philosophy no one would watch any professional football.

Rooney will come out of football as our top scorer of all time and still get stick because he couldn't single handedly carry a whole team.

Interesting how Tom Cleverley has been made captain of Utd for tonight ahead of Rooney etc. Only last week, the media & most fans were moaning that there were no young homegrown leaders in English Football and now when one gets a chance, he gets publicly mocked/written off. 

In the absence of any obvious leader I think Rooney is not such a bad choice. He did have a decent enough world cup and was head and shoulders above the rest of the attacking players, the midfield and both full backs. Not that that says much, as the rest were total and utter dogshit. Collectively the worst players to ever put on an England shirt in a world cup. Being better than them for Rooney was about as credit worthy as beating a dead frog in a 100m sprint. But he was the only player who looked capable of anything worthwhile going forward and by all accounts he is a decent pro. The extra responsibility might do him some good.

Ideally though we'd put it to a public vote. Also put the squad selection to a public vote, and the formation and possibly in play subs. Then have a few decent coaches to implement it all and do away with the manager altogether.

In the absence of any obvious leader I think Rooney is not such a bad choice. He did have a decent enough world cup and was head and shoulders above the rest of the attacking players, the midfield and both full backs. Not that that says much, as the rest were total and utter dogshit. Collectively the worst players to ever put on an England shirt in a world cup. Being better than them for Rooney was about as credit worthy as beating a dead frog in a 100m sprint. But he was the only player who looked capable of anything worthwhile going forward and by all accounts he is a decent pro. The extra responsibility might do him some good.

Ideally though we'd put it to a public vote. Also put the squad selection to a public vote, and the formation and possibly in play subs. Then have a few decent coaches to implement it all and do away with the manager altogether.

lol  lol - That'd be hilarious, but disastrous for England. 

Guess it shows how terrible we were if he was our best player. lol

Wayne Rooney was the standout player for England at the World Cup? :unsure:lol

Do people forget Sterling exists or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting how Tom Cleverley has been made captain of Utd for tonight ahead of Rooney etc. Only last week, the media & most fans were moaning that there were no young homegrown leaders in English Football and now when one gets a chance, he gets publicly mocked/written off.

Probably because he's shite and everyone knows it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd rather have Rooney than Hart. Hart is absolutely not captain material what so ever. The bloke looks a nervous wreck every time he plays for England.

Maybe one day he can be captain but it's too early IMO. When he's more experienced and more importantly - less nervous.

That said I'd have Cahill over both.

Archived