Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DangerFox

Are we strong enough?

I believe what wlll define whether we are strong enough is home form. Fair enough we can forget about picking up points at Man City and co, but we have to do everything we can to win against the bottom half, especially at home, and then celebrate every point away as if it were a win! As someone previously said, pretty much all teams will struggle against the top 5 or so, we need to try and be the best of a bad bunch!

Are we strong enough? depends what for...........Playing the top five (Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U & Arsenal)  and taking wins off them, then no. Playing the other 14 teams and beating them then yes - you base your season planon beating these 14 teams once either home & away then you have 42 points, enough to claim 17th and that is the target this year.

Had a game of tennis tonight, for the first time in ages. Myself and my mate agreed.. We have NO idea what's coming. We could either gel very quickly and do an O'Neil, or, just as easily get absolutely fookin mullered.

It's nearly impossible to call. We both said though that the squad lacks quality in depth.

The Racing Post's prediction that we will finish 15th feels about right to me, backed up by their assertion that we were better than a tnird of the Premier League with last year's team anyway. They incidentally go for Burnley, West Brom and Hull to go down.

That's of course provided that the Thai's don't get itchy trigger fingers when we have a max of 3 points after the first 6 games!!!

I genuinely think by the end of August that Pearson will have filled out the squad with that bit more strength in depth that we are probably just missing at the moment.

It's all going to be fine you know. Relax.

The Racing Post's prediction that we will finish 15th feels about right to me, backed up by their assertion that we were better than a tnird of the Premier League with last year's team anyway. They incidentally go for Burnley, West Brom and Hull to go down.

That's of course provided that the Thai's don't get itchy trigger fingers when we have a max of 3 points after the first 6 games!!!

I genuinely think by the end of August that Pearson will have filled out the squad with that bit more strength in depth that we are probably just missing at the moment.

It's all going to be fine you know. Relax.

Again, who knows? It's all conjecture. But IMO, looking at the two squads, to say that Hull have more chance of struggling than us seems ridiculous.

Again, who knows? It's all conjecture. But IMO, looking at the two squads, to say that Hull have more chance of struggling than us seems ridiculous.

In the end, it's all hypothetical.

We can't tell how most teams will fare this upcoming season, only that the "big" ones are unlikely to drop from a Top Five spot, so that leaves the rest of the league to scramble for points and make the best of it.

As a fan of this club, however, I'm more inclined to side with the notion that we will be doing fine in this first season back in the Premier League and just make the cut in the end. The real struggle will be to establish ourselves and not fall back to the second tier immediately after that.

Unless he gets injured.

Moore is capable and then 3rd choice Pearson? (Never seen him play) and I'm sure Was wouldn't mind being shifted across.

I think RB is covered well enough to not worry about for now

If De Laet gets a long term injury we can always shop in January or get one in on Loan.

De Laet has the potential to be one of the best RBs in the Prem this season.

Definitely not a position to be worried about.

Sounds ridiculous as a statement but when you think about it that's not far wrong. Not a great deal of quality Rb's in the prem

The league will be so tight though, a couple of flukey wins could be the difference between relegation and 15th. There are about 10 teams in that league who are all capable of beating each other.

It's difficult to judge the centre-half situation, a lot will be made clearer when Upson is fit. We also have an abundance of young defenders slowly moving up. For the time being, bringing in someone like Michael Keane would be sufficient. I'm sure we're working tirelessly to cut out errors from set-pieces. Buying a new player won't make those mistakes suddenly go away. 

James and Drinkwater were the best partnership in the league last season by an absolute mile. Of course Hammond and King would look slightly off the pace when they play instead. It doesn't mean they're not capable though. The 2-2 draw against a very strong, in-form Wigan side is an example of how they can both be called upon when necessary! 

Just seen the Four Four Two preview, they predict us to finish 18th & listed Drinky as our key player.

We just need to add depth & make it stronger, and then we'll be fine. 

3-4 more signings, and I can see a comfortable mid table finish.

The league will be so tight though, a couple of flukey wins could be the difference between relegation and 15th. There are about 10 teams in that league who are all capable of beating each other.

It's difficult to judge the centre-half situation, a lot will be made clearer when Upson is fit. We also have an abundance of young defenders slowly moving up. For the time being, bringing in someone like Michael Keane would be sufficient. I'm sure we're working tirelessly to cut out errors from set-pieces. Buying a new player won't make those mistakes suddenly go away. 

James and Drinkwater were the best partnership in the league last season by an absolute mile. Of course Hammond and King would look slightly off the pace when they play instead. It doesn't mean they're not capable though. The 2-2 draw against a very strong, in-form Wigan side is an example of how they can both be called upon when necessary! 

Cock on.

Never really understood why people expect our fringe players to be as good as our first choice players. If they were THAT good, they wouldn’t be our fringe players would they?? Every team needs players like Hammond, GTF and King who are prepared to sit on the bench and be back-up.

Making lots of big money signings at once rarely improves a team and can actually cause it to get worse.

I can only guess that some fans on here are too young to remember the Sven era.

Just seen the Four Four Two preview, they predict us to finish 18th & listed Drinky as our key player.

We just need to add depth & make it stronger, and then we'll be fine.

3-4 more signings, and I can see a comfortable mid table finish.

Isn't that because the writer Joe Brewin is a Leicester fan

The only thing that could make us stronger is Hulk Hogan circa 1992.

Try 1990, 1992 was when he bogged off to Japan after a Steroid scandal.

I think we need a tall centre back, they all seem a bit too small. I also think another Left Back is a decent shout, but Schlupp is Okay, and Konchesky can function at that level, surely. He has done before. Fancy another Centre mid tho, Injure two of Drinkwater, James, and King, and we have got big problems. Quite fancy another striker as a failsafe, in case Ulloa turns out to be pony... Which is a possibility.

Archived