Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Movies/Shows made in around Leicester?

There was a tv drama about a young Asian girl (1989?) that was set in and filmed in Leicester.

No memory of what it is called.

Was it called "shalom shama" or something like that?

Did watch it but can only remember a scene outside of the Haymarket.

Was it called "shalom shama" or something like that?

Did watch it but can only remember a scene outside of the Haymarket.

You've managed to jog my memory: it was called Shalom Salaam, and was set and filmed entirely in Leicester, mainly around Spinney Hill/Highfields, though I remember a fight scene in the market.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0416422/

There's a drama series from the 80's called 'Connie' which had Stephanie Beacham in it.  Not sure it was entirely filmed in Leicester, but it was about the hosiery trade & they did some filming in the dye house at Corahs.  My Dad got a non-speaking part & you couldn't come round our house without my Dad putting the video on.

My Dad was told to just carry on what he was doing while they filmed.  You couldn't hear what was being said, but you see one of the actors come over & start telling my Dad off, pointing his finger in his face.  My Dad's a bit fiery at the best of times & didn't have a clue what was going on.  He said he was about ready to thump the twat.  The actor was the guy in Raiders of the Lost Ark who sticks his hand in the fire to pick out the headpiece & scars his hand

There's a drama series from the 80's called 'Connie' which had Stephanie Beacham in it.  Not sure it was entirely filmed in Leicester, but it was about the hosiery trade & they did some filming in the dye house at Corahs.  My Dad got a non-speaking part & you couldn't come round our house without my Dad putting the video on.

My Dad was told to just carry on what he was doing while they filmed.  You couldn't hear what was being said, but you see one of the actors come over & start telling my Dad off, pointing his finger in his face.  My Dad's a bit fiery at the best of times & didn't have a clue what was going on.  He said he was about ready to thump the twat.  The actor was the guy in Raiders of the Lost Ark who sticks his hand in the fire to pick out the headpiece & scars his hand

I remember that now. I think there were some scenes in Leicester Market.

Archived