Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Esteban Cambiasso

Name the 'huge list' of players on huge wages that are still at QPR. Many were signed by Hughes when QPR were a PREMIERSHIP club. Redknapp has binned many of them I believe? Leaving him with a very small squad to have to add to this season.

Stop talking out yer arris...!!

lol

Julio Cesar

Rio Ferdinand

SWP

Hoilett

Isla

Remy

Zamora (possibly)

Benayoun

Park

Granero

Assou-Ekotto

Kranjcar

Jenas (probably)

Samba

Bosingwa

Mbia (possibly)

Cisse

Dyer

That's not even mentioning plenty of others who are still likely to be on a decent wedge. I've not even mentioned Redknapp Col, you're getting overly defensive about him again. I'm talking about QPR, not just Redknapp (not that I think he's cut back).

Funny how the Football Wages experts who have been lecturing about the importance of a 30k a week limit when signing a striker are now wetting themselves despite him being on at least 40k with a hefty signing on fee. Closer to 50 with a smaller one.

On subject excellent signing if it goes through.

most of us didn't want us breaking our wage structure on someone like Campbell or even Ba for that matter. Cambiasso would bring so much more to the club than any of these and if we can get him on £40-50k then I'd be more happy than having Ba on £70-80k. Ba may have scored a few goals but would he have been a big influence around the club and in the dressing room? Doubt it. I know if I was a Leicester player I'd rather have Cambiasso in earning more than me than Ba in earning more than me!

Only on FoxesTalk could a thread linking us to Esteban Cambiasso turn in to a mundane argument about QPR and Harry Fooking Redknapp

I was just about to say the same thing.

How low have we sunk that every single thread seems to be about QPR nowadays.

Julio Cesar

Rio Ferdinand

SWP

Hoilett

Isla

Remy

Zamora (possibly)

Benayoun

Park

Granero

Assou-Ekotto

Kranjcar

Jenas (probably)

Samba

Bosingwa

Mbia (possibly)

Cisse

Dyer

That's not even mentioning plenty of others who are still likely to be on a decent wedge. I've not even mentioned Redknapp Col, you're getting overly defensive about him again. I'm talking about QPR, not just Redknapp (not that I think he's cut back).

One final post!! (I cant help it, cos others start it lol), about half of that list has been shipped out by Arry I believe?

Anyway, enough...

:whistle:

We finished 22 points ahead of qpr

Beat them twice ? They have signed rio and caulker ( big signings ) rio couldn't get in a struggling Man U last season. Caulker got relegated with Cardiff.

Fcuk qpr and every pundit who doubts this team/club

cambiasso would be a marque signing a name ,which could lead to more quality players coming to our great club!

Exiting times .(IF he does come?)

Not really Babs? I see where you are coming from and yes, I believe we need better than Hammond, but is a 34 yr old the 'right' replacement is really all im wondering?

I guess we'll see because, by all accounts, it looks to be happening.

you've got to remember that Pearson has been knocked back by Barry and maybe a few others so he's probably finding it difficult to find an experienced midfielder. I cant see how signing him is a problem. Our midfield is young and still learning so who better to learn from than him. If we get him in and do well next season then next summer we will be a more attractive club and could maybe attract bigger names that are a bit younger. But also if we bring Cambiasso in next week and then Nige wants a few more in like a left back or centre back, then we will be a more attractive club to play for when we have Cambiasso in our ranks. If we wanted a couple of loans in towards the end of the window and we are battling with other clubs for players, we have a bigger chance of signing them with him on board. I don't see any issue in this transfer if it comes off

One final post!! (I cant help it, cos others start it lol), about half of that list has been shipped out by Arry I believe?

Anyway, enough...

:whistle:

And the other half brought in by him. You KEEP changing the goalposts, it's ridiculous. My original point was that they keep signing these aging and/or expensive players and they aren't learning from it. NOT that Redknapp is terrible. You tried to compare it to us but as I and others have proved, the comparison doesn't stand up.

Would absolutely love this. As has been said, I don't think his wages would upset the apple cart too much. I know footballers aren't your reasonable man, but if anybody with that level of class and experience turned up in any walk of life you'd have to accept that he warrants a greater salary.

Can't imagine him starting more than 20 games, but just to have him in the squad would be fantastic. The amount he could teach the still young Drinkwater, James and King to an extent would be immense.

Also noticed there's 223 users and 155 guests reading this topic. Impressive.  

Would absolutely love this. As has been said, I don't think his wages would upset the apple cart too much. I know footballers aren't your reasonable man, but if anybody with that level of class and experience turned up in any walk of life you'd have to accept that he warrants a greater salary.

Can't imagine him starting more than 20 games, but just to have him in the squad would be fantastic. The amount he could teach the still young Drinkwater, James and King to an extent would be immense.

Spot on mate

The guests are included in the user count. It's 227 overall with 68 members and 159 guests

I am reading on several twitter feeds and Facebook pages affiliated to us, how, they "...wouldn't sign him - he's past it...not good enough".

What do some of our fans want? They would flatly reject us signing someone who has won multiple league titles, domestic cup titles and european cups to boot? Someone who has played in the same national team as Batistuta et al...and they think he's not good enough? I sincerely think unless we signed Messi people wouldn't be happy...

AND EVEN THEN THEY'D COMPLAIN!

A few stats from last year:

2 assists

4 goals

49.1passes per game - 37th highest

83.1% pass success rate - 120th highest

5.2 accureate long balls per game - 34th highest

3.3 tackles per game - 11th highest

1.8 Interceptions per game - 72nd highest

0.9 fouls per game - 177th highest

2 clearances per game - 103rd highest

1.3 key passes per game - 45th highest

7.26/10 average rating (not sure how they compile that) - 36th highest

Would be a brilliant addition to the squad. Hope it happens although doubtful but he'd be great to start away and come on as a late sub to hold a winning position at home. Like sumone said before he cud teach our young team so much. Even in attack and defence as hes played with sum of the best

Archived