Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Esteban Cambiasso

He's no Danny Drinkwater!

This deal will not go through at £50k a week, not a chance! Can you imagine how the rest of the squad will react to this big time Charlie coming in on twice the salary of everyone else? granted he has a great past but at the end of the day he is 34, Ferguson didn't offer anyone over 30 more than a 1 year for a very good reason!

He's no Danny Drinkwater!

This deal will not go through at £50k a week, not a chance! Can you imagine how the rest of the squad will react to this big time Charlie coming in on twice the salary of everyone else? granted he has a great past but at the end of the day he is 34, Ferguson didn't offer anyone over 30 more than a 1 year for a very good reason!

I'd imagine the likes of Danny and Matty would react well to being able to learn more from a player who's been there and done it all. And I fail to see the relevance of what Fergie did - he also signed the likes of Bebe & Zaha.

I'd imagine the likes of Danny and Matty would react well to being able to learn more from a player who's been there and done it all. And I fail to see the relevance of what Fergie did - he also signed the likes of Bebe & Zaha.

Of course they would - can't argue with that!

You can't really compare a policy of not giving over 30's more than a one year deal to a couple of bad signings he made of players who were in their early 20's/teens! It's a totally different subject!

I'm just worried this will upset the karma of the squad - for instance Dave Nugent has gone on record stating he was disappointed he didn't get a 3 year deal at 29, instead he got one taking him to 31. Yet we'll offer this guy a higher wage and a 2 year at 34?

Don't really see an issue wage wise with this one. Cambiasso is a CL winner who has played at the very top level for the majority of his career as opposed to a complete no mark like Frazier Campbell. I doubt any of our players would kick up that much of a fuss if he was paid more than them.

I was thinking the same. When its a player of his pedigree I don't think they'll give a **** how much he earns, they will just be honoured playing with him!

No, it's not ironic. There is a clear difference between people's criticism of QPR and what City could be accused of over the past decade.

Seeing as you know so much about them I wouldn't expect to have to spell it out but it seems as though someone will have to (again).

The stats you refer to show turnover of players over a period that where both City's and QPR's ownership has changed at least twice, and managerial changes probably touch double digits. Obviously this is the reason that City and Rangers top that particular chart, which is largely irrelevant to the debate anyway.

The point, which you continue to ignore, is that City have clearly learnt from prior failings in the transfer market and appear to be doing something to right the wrongs that have been made, initially by Mandaric and early on in the Thais' regime. Even with PL riches, we are still attempting to live within our means more so than in previous seasons. When you add to that the success of our development teams, the huge interest in tickets, memberships and other revenue streams (Thailand, for example), it is fair to say that City are making a good fist of being a 'well-run' club for the first time in a long time.

Yes, we've been linked to Cambiasso. As we were with Beckham. As we were with Davids. None of these deals have happened or will happen. They are complete fabrications so comparing this to the actual deals completed by Redknapp is lunatic even by your standards.

QPR, in contrast, continue to piss in the face of any impending FFP sanctions, completely unperturbed by potential fines by making signings (yes, decent on paper) such as Ferdinand and Isla. If Redknapp gets as much out of this lot as he did with last season's rabble, they will go down. The unnecessary risks he and Fernandes have taken will have put the club's future in danger. He did that before at Portsmouth, you might remember, That is not 'well-run' and there is the difference.

Well done for pretty much explaining my exact thoughts better than I could.

Archived