Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Esteban Cambiasso

This would be a great signing, adds quality and strength to the midfield and will help take pressure off Wes & Was/Moore. I'm sure he's not lost his sharpness in reading the game and his presence would boost the confidence of Drinky and James.

People seem to focus on the 'wage cap' too much, understand that you have to pay for quality.  Too many contradictions, it's either we need prem experience (understandably have to pay for), he's unproven in the prem (which our championship winning squad falls into but gets ignored) or we need young hungry players that will fit into the 'wage cap'.  Can't we have a mix? as this seems like what the Manager is trying to do.

If a quality player such as Cambiasso being on more money causes you to bring negativity to the dressing room then take a look at yourself, get your ego in check and go out and prove your worth.

Is Jizz a South American attacking midfielder?

I believe so. Ernesto Jizz (pronounced "Heez" but now anglicised after he lied to Stringer about it's pronunciation) is a young Chilean midfielder capable of spraying his balls all over the place. He's also got a hell of a long shot on him.

FT, do the rest.

I am sure Col wont mind me saying this, but the only thing he ever wants is a DM. No matter the issue a DM is the answer. Now in light of that his opposition to Cambiasso is slightly odd.

lol

Cheers Mike!!

Spot on about the DM. Moreso now than ever. But the right one?

No jokes re JET here please..

Screw the wage cap, screw FFP, screw sensible purchases, screw it all being about a team and simply spend millions and millions on world famous stars simply so I can have a LCFC hard on. I haven't really even hit a semi yet this summer.

You want a new girlfriend then mate (or boyfriend). Check out the Tinder Thread for tips.

Screw the wage cap, screw FFP, screw sensible purchases, screw it all being about a team and simply spend millions and millions on world famous stars simply so I can have a LCFC hard on. I haven't really even hit a semi yet this summer.

Sven? Sven? Wake up Sven. .

Finally.. having read the stats you put up, am I missing summat? They don't make for brill reading do they? Enlighten moi.

:thumbup:

Depends what you're reading. For a creative attacking midfielder, they're poor. For a defensive midfielder whose job is to break up play, win the ball and give it on to the more creative players... I would look at the number of tackles, interceptions and fouls. Which suggest he makes a fair few tackles (was 11th) interceptions are bang average and commits very few fouls. So our stats say we have a defensive midfielder who make a lot of tackles, but commits very few fouls.

That sounds what you'd want from a defensive midfielder, or have I missed something? If you're wanting someone who also create lots of chances, scores lots of goals and makes lots of key passes, you're talking about an entirely different midfielder who if statistically was near the top of all those categories in Serie A last year then I don't think we'd be talking about getting them in on a free.

As an aside, I find the increasing number of stats available on players and being wheeled out as misleading because they don't always reflect on what else they bring in terms of creating time and space, the nature of passes etc. but that's just me.

Stop swerving... should we have a wage cap? Yes or no?

If so, should we break it for Cambiasso? Yes or no?

I'll give my answer: Yes

No

There.. whats your opinion?

I would 'gamble' on him (with my limited knowledge of his form). 32 starts for Inter last year and has been reportedly talking to clubs in Europe as well.

He would provide a wealth of experience and guidance to fairly young midfielders like King, James and Drinkwater (not to mention all the other youngsters in the squad). His appearances for Inter last year suggest he can still play at the highest level and as someone mentioned, £50k for a year (Less than Barry, despite his quality) for a year and a release clause if necessary would be (imo) a good deal for us.

lol lol

I tell you what, I'll give my opinion. It won't include spaffing over anyone or suggesting we are making the signing of the century.

My opinion is this: when I first saw we were linked with Cambiasso I thought no, that won't happen. Then I thought, hmmm he's 34 and hasn't played in a league as quick as the Premiership. Then I thought why are Inter releasing him.. has he not had a brilliant season? Then I thought, I hope signing him doesn't mean we'll break our supposed wage cap.

Finally, I thought.. nah.. avoid this. I didn't think this was the direction in which the club were going.

There ya go.. I could be right, or wrong and he could sign and be better than Lennon.

But rather that IMO than some of the stuff ive read today. And if you consider THAT'S flip flopping, you are deluded Babble on. You really are.

Finally.. having read the stats you put up, am I missing summat? They don't make for brill reading do they? Enlighten moi.

So long as you come back and apologies if he does ok!!

As for the stats, he's a DM what stats do you expect from a DM? 3.3 tackles per game would be the key one of the lot - 11th highest

Plenty of time for you to flip flop yet.

So long as you come back and apologies if he does ok!!

Plenty of time for you to flip flop yet.

Didnt do that particularly on Beckford buddy, nor Sven.. Despite being villified.

If Cambiasso is great, then great!

But id rather give a balanced view.. is all.

Not sure how signing a player who was regularly starting in a team that finished 5th in Serie A last season could really be considered a bad signing, especially on a free. He was one of their better players last season looking at the stats as well.

This could be the marquee signing that lifts the supporters, the players and everyone in and around the club. May even encourage other players to look to come to us if we are interested in the future. Would love this to happen and shows real intent to raise our profile as a club and to improve by attracting better players to the club.

If this is the case I for one am going to enjoy the ride!!

Archived