Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Esteban Cambiasso

is this legit cos i can't be arsed reading 5 pages and only said fuk yeh cos i thought it was a joke

nobody knows really, but its been reported in quite a few different newspapers and all over the Internet. If we are genuinely going to have talks with him I really hope Nige, Terry and the owners can pull it off. Would be a real major signing for us! I'm still not convinced we will get him but I am a little excited haha

With Diame going, West Ham will be desperate for a holding midfielder, they'll be in for him for sure. Cambiasso might look at us as an interesting club though. The start of an exciting era for us and he's already achieved nearly everything in the game. 2-3 years turning us in to a top 6 club could be a real pull for him.

You're pissed Flair. Too much Cognac!

With Diame going, West Ham will be desperate for a holding midfielder, they'll be in for him for sure. Cambiasso might look at us as an interesting club though. The start of an exciting era for us and he's already achieved nearly everything in the game. 2-3 years turning us in to a top 6 club could be a real pull for him.

I really hope we pull it off but if West Ham do go in for him, Fat Sam has a good reputation for bringing in big names. Hierro, Campo, Okocha, Djorkaeff.

I'd like to believe that. I really would.

But it's more likely to be about money. If they offered him more, or even the same and a job in London. I think he'd be meeting Fat Sam tomorrow instead of potentially getting to grips with our beloved Nigel

I really hope we pull it off but if West Ham do go in for him, Fat Sam has a good reputation for bringing in big names. Hierro, Campo, Okocha, Djorkaeff.

Yeah you're right. I can see QPR, West Ham or Southampton being a more attractive move for him. Hope not. Would be massive for us. I think it would lift the whole club.

Just heard Watford are in for him... He said he's very interested as they're a top club and have Troy Deeney playing for him, who he's heard is worth more than the entire Leicester side put together!!

they are sending goalkeeper coach Alec Chamberlain to hold talks with him tomorrow.

Yeah you're right. I can see QPR, West Ham or Southampton being a more attractive move for him. Hope not. Would be massive for us. I think it would lift the whole club.

me too! We can only hope!

5 million squid for a a 5 time Serie A winner with a CL winner's medal and an imperial fvckton(sorry for getting technical) more major trophies giving us his experience and influence on our young midfielders over a two year period(maybe with a coaching role at the end too? It's not unheard of...)?  Sounds like a bargain to me.  And let's face it: It's not like any of our players will seriously complain that they earn less that Esteban effing Cambiasso - really hope this happens.

Of course they would - can't argue with that!

You can't really compare a policy of not giving over 30's more than a one year deal to a couple of bad signings he made of players who were in their early 20's/teens! It's a totally different subject!

I'm just worried this will upset the karma of the squad - for instance Dave Nugent has gone on record stating he was disappointed he didn't get a 3 year deal at 29, instead he got one taking him to 31. Yet we'll offer this guy a higher wage and a 2 year at 34?

No disrespect to Nugent but he's not a world class, champions league winning, world cup playing, over 50 capped international playing all of his football in the top flight for top teams.

And if any of the players were annoyed they aren't true professionals who want to learn and improve their game by someone who has been there and done it and still doing it at the highest level.

Still trying not to get excited about this rumour, but it's impissible not to!

Meanwhile back on planet earth, we have a friendly against Bremen on Saturday.

Meanwhile back on topic........it's been reported in three papers pretty safe to say there is some credit to it even if it doesn't eventually come off.

Still waiting for the 30k a week brigade btw, should think I'll be waiting awhile......

Archived