Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AndWhat?

Leicester City and VfL Bochum - Blue and White Friendship

The first time I went was in May for the Sonderzug to Munich. I had an absolute whale of a time. I'd met some of the some of the Bochum lads a few times beforehand and they're a cracking bunch. I've since been over and plan on going again in February. Moritz Fiege, which is the local beer is mighty fine!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Do these lads miss out on their own team playing? :wes:

They normally try and work it around both teams, Bundesliga 2 has a varied array of kickoff times. The guys over for Everton match drove 12 hours back to make a Bochum game on the Monday night. Some of the guys are boycotting away games as there are big issues in the Bochum support currently, mainly unhappy with the Director of Football.

• 3 weeks later...

3rd trip over to Bochum for me in February. 2nd time I'm staying with one of their families. 

The reception you get over there is fantastic and the football is very Leicester-esque 

Would recommend a trip for anyone 

On 13/12/2017 at 17:27, Hugo Sanchez said:

No offence but how are these fans getting tickets for Liverpool away ? When real fans can't get tickets for it. I really hope the club look into this because no offence they shouldn't be above real Leicester fans getting tickets. 

Oh I missed this post. Now i get your bitterness. 

Same way most of foxes talk, fb and Twitter get tickets. They know people who have actually made the effort to attend away games since they introduced the points system in the 90s you know that time before we were champions of england.:ph34r:

Edited by Bayfox

On 09/01/2018 at 19:41, Bayfox said:

Oh I missed this post. Now i get your bitterness. 

Same way most of foxes talk, fb and Twitter get tickets. They know people who have actually made the effort to attend away games since they introduced the points system in the 90s you know that time before we were champions of england.:ph34r:

Not really justification though is it?!

I don't have any problem getting away tickets thanks to my priority but I can understand why other people might be annoyed. Knowing people who have priority shouldn't really guarantee you a ticket (nothing to do with bitterness).

In fact your point that these guys get tickets because they know people who let them use their priority (thus giving them even more points) is argument enough for why the away ticket priority system isn't working currently (although not speaking personally on that).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Not really justification though is it?!

I don't have any problem getting away tickets thanks to my priority but I can understand why other people might be annoyed. Knowing people who have priority shouldn't really guarantee you a ticket (nothing to do with bitterness).

In fact your point that these guys get tickets because they know people who let them use their priority (thus giving them even more points) is argument enough for why the away ticket priority system isn't working currently (although not speaking personally on that).

Don't want to get into a whole debate on the points system I mean we now have 3 sodding schemes.

But answer honestly you have never sold or lent a ticket to a mate when you couldn't make a game? Be seriously impressed if hand on heart you say no.

I accept all systems have flaws. I for 1 can't get my kids anywhere near my points having beem p1 since about 2009 having lost it after about 2000. L1 was a long slog back to it.

And the club are complcit in this as they were happy to sell the bochum lads 30-50 home tickets in one go once upon a time when we were shit. So they fed and bred  the hunger for those guys to come. And although ticketless in Europe some of those boys made more of an effort than our fans to attend games. Now they are having to beg to get 3s and 4s yet how do we judge who has more right or shows more commitment they are crossing land and sea for a day out to support us yet they seem sneared  at for having a 2nd club yet some know more about our club than a lot of so called fans I hear ring in radio shows etc.

And the bitterness comment was aimed at the posted i quoted due to his recent replies to anything I say not you. And I accept the system isn't fool proof or flawless. But what other than ruining more drinking time with a Europe style collection can they do? For the benefit of my lad earning some points I'd probably accept it. But from a pain in the arse point of view **** it I couldn't be doing with it.

3 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Don't want to get into a whole debate on the points system I mean we now have 3 sodding schemes.

But answer honestly you have never sold or lent a ticket to a mate when you couldn't make a game? Be seriously impressed if hand on heart you say no.

I accept all systems have flaws. I for 1 can't get my kids anywhere near my points having beem p1 since about 2009 having lost it after about 2000. L1 was a long slog back to it.

And the club are complcit in this as they were happy to sell the bochum lads 30-50 home tickets in one go once upon a time when we were shit. So they fed and bred  the hunger for those guys to come. And although ticketless in Europe some of those boys made more of an effort than our fans to attend games. Now they are having to beg to get 3s and 4s yet how do we judge who has more right or shows more commitment they are crossing land and sea for a day out to support us yet they seem sneared  at for having a 2nd club yet some know more about our club than a lot of so called fans I hear ring in radio shows etc.

And the bitterness comment was aimed at the posted i quoted due to his recent replies to anything I say not you. And I accept the system isn't fool proof or flawless. But what other than ruining more drinking time with a Europe style collection can they do? For the benefit of my lad earning some points I'd probably accept it. But from a pain in the arse point of view **** it I couldn't be doing with it.

A very reasonable reply.

I've, on very rare occasion, given my ticket to someone else and also benefitted once from someone else lending their priority when I needed more than the two I could get on mine and my old man's tickets.

I guess the issue comes when it's large numbers en masse that are benefiting this way. I've also dropped slightly down the pecking order this season despite going to a good number of away games and it's definitely to do with people regularly selling on tickets for games they never had any intention of going to.

Like you, would hate to have a system like the one for European tickets but there must be something the club could do to make things fairer all round. On previous history I wouldn't trust them to get much right in that ticketing operation however!

7 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

A very reasonable reply.

I've, on very rare occasion, given my ticket to someone else and also benefitted once from someone else lending their priority when I needed more than the two I could get on mine and my old man's tickets.

I guess the issue comes when it's large numbers en masse that are benefiting this way. I've also dropped slightly down the pecking order this season despite going to a good number of away games and it's definitely to do with people regularly selling on tickets for games they never had any intention of going to.

Like you, would hate to have a system like the one for European tickets but there must be something the club could do to make things fairer all round. On previous history I wouldn't trust them to get much right in that ticketing operation however!

Again I don't think the club helped here when they set up the auto scheme as a way knowing how many tickets they could effectively account for before even taking allocations.

I was on it for 3 years. Our 1st year back in prem which was great, the season we won the league which was a dream, but last season having wanted to do Europe being landed with 3 tickets every week and not being able to go was a ball ache as you can only return 3 or 4 a season. So people are stuck with tickets they don't want. You only have to look on here and Twitter at the number of 2s and 3s that get posted before or as soon as the game goes on sale.

I admit my mates know 3 or 4 of us have top priority and we get regular requests for tickets, ie mates ask we we are going old Trafford for example and if not ask if they can have them to take kids etc and it's at times difficult to turn down.

But as I say at the same time I can't get my lad to anywhere near enough points to get 2 seats together down the scale so have to resort myself to borrowing and spares and paying full whack for him.

He's managed the odd game like Sunderland on his own ref and is desperate to go Wembley at the end of the season but again I will have to hope someone I know isn't going.

I honestly don't know what the answer is.

Just read the article about this in the mercury. Didn't know Bochum fans got to every single away in the champions league. What a joke, some die hard Leicester fans missed out on tickets as well. 

Imagine the the uproar if certain people missed games because they couldn't get a ticket. Wow. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Bert said:

Just read the article about this in the mercury. Didn't know Bochum fans got to every single away in the champions league. What a joke, some die hard Leicester fans missed out on tickets as well. 

Imagine the the uproar if certain people missed games because they couldn't get a ticket. Wow. 

How did they get around the passport checks?  

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

They traveled without tickets.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Bert said:

Genuinely can't tell if you're being serious or not lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1