Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v Arsenal post match thread 1-1

Just read this whole thread and had to comment on these. Hammond once again has put in an absolute shift in and been instrumental in breaking up play and putting in tackles and relentlessly working the whole game. He's done this against three of last seasons top five now and not looked out of place one bit.

As a big a name Cambiasso is I would be annoyed if he replaced Hammond next game, as. Hammond doesn't deserve to he dropped.

As for saying he's not as fit as others, King looked just as knackered, they both were non stop all game. The fitness levels for the Premier League is a lot higher than The Championship. A few by the end of the game looked dead on their feet, but it's understandable after how well and hard they all performed.

I think a lot of our substitutions this season will be through people running on empty rather than performances.   

I think we will play exactly the same throughout the season but i have a feeling a few teams towards the lower half of the table may have noticed how attacking we have been against the top teams and might be a little more defensive when they come to the KP.

he had no idea who was there?!?!?!?! Are you kidding?

The idea of a great ball in to the box is to put it in the danger area where the keeper can't come to collect and the defenders find it difficult to defend. That is exactly what he did.

Anyways all in all it was a fantastic result, outplayed, out sung and bullied a team who no doubt will be not too far from top come the end of the season. And the fact we got them to turn on Wenger at the end made the day even better.

So proud and I can't wait to go into work tomorrow!

No I'm not kidding, a really great ball is to pick out someone you see. It was right on the money, can't take that away from him but he had no idea Ulloa was in that place as at no stage did he look up.

We were absolutely terrific today.

Morgan and Moore were fantastic as a partnership. Hardly ever looked flustered and apart from the goal, the only real chances they had were the tame Ramsey header, and the Sanogo miss that Schmeichel saved.

Cazorla, Ozil and Ramsey were practically nullified today. But i think that is at least as much to do with the tireless effort of King and Hammond to keep chasing and battling as it was to do with them misfiring.

I thought after an hour or so of chasing, the Chelsea syndrome would kick in and Arsenal would go on to win. None of the sort. In fact we finished the game much the stronger of the two teams and made the changes at the right times. Wenger's changes had practically nil impact, and were too late.

Nugent worked tirelessly today, and Ulloa was fantastic too. What a purchase he could be. Brilliant header and his all round play was superb.

Especially after Vardy came on and forced Szczesny into the low save, you get the impression Arsenal were the happier team to hear the final whistle.

Watched it on the box, and agree entirely. RDL struggled a bit defensively, but his pace when he attacked was blistering. Imagine what we will be like when Drinks, Vardy and James are fully fit - and Cambiasso is sitting on the fvckin' bench!

Loving every moment of it.

Spot on about putting the ball into the danger area.. of course he knew Ulloa would be there. Or at least sniffing about.

I reckon that run and cross could just about only be made by Schlupp out of our players. Thats why he's important to this team. If only the sod could be more consistent. None of us know what hes gonna do and I'm not always sure he does!

Just read this whole thread and had to comment on these. Hammond once again has put in an absolute shift in and been instrumental in breaking up play and putting in tackles and relentlessly working the whole game. He's done this against three of last seasons top five now and not looked out of place one bit.

As a big a name Cambiasso is I would be annoyed if he replaced Hammond next game, as. Hammond doesn't deserve to he dropped.

As for saying he's not as fit as others, King looked just as knackered, they both were non stop all game. The fitness levels for the Premier League is a lot higher than The Championship. A few by the end of the game looked dead on their feet, but it's understandable after how well and hard they all performed.

I think a lot of our substitutions this season will be through people running on empty rather than performances.

I think we will play exactly the same throughout the season but i have a feeling a few teams towards the lower half of the table may have noticed how attacking we have been against the top teams and might be a little more defensive when they come to the KP.

The idea of a great ball in to the box is to put it in the danger area where the keeper can't come to collect and the defenders find it difficult to defend. That is exactly what he did.

Anyways all in all it was a fantastic result, outplayed, out sung and bullied a team who no doubt will be not too far from top come the end of the season. And the fact we got them to turn on Wenger at the end made the day even better.

It's beginning to reach the point where I will be stunned if we're relegated.

If anything I think we should've won. For all their possession, what exactly did they do? We were far more threatening IMO.

Love Ulloa already. Quality.

Spot on. They might point to the game coming after Besiktas, but it was pass, pass, pass, pass.....it was all in front of us and square, they never got in behind, never got us turned or running towards our own goal, and that is a credit to the hard work on the training pitch on our defensive shape and concentration, not being rash and pressing the ball in bad areas. In fact you could argue it was the rashness of Flamini in arsenal's midfield that almost led to a goal for Vardy at the end.

Theyre heaping far too much criticism onto Sanogo who is a young lad who, for the most part i thought had a decent game, when you consider the impact stars like Ozil and Cazorla made, which was close to nil.

I thought Sanogo played ok too, particularly in the first half when he held the ball up well.

There was a pre-conceived narrative today that Arsenal must sign a striker and Sanogo must be replaced. 

Spot on. They might point to the game coming after Besiktas, but it was pass, pass, pass, pass.....it was all in front of us and square, they never got in behind, never got us turned or running towards our own goal, and that is a credit to the hard work on the training pitch on our defensive shape and concentration, not being rash and pressing the ball in bad areas. In fact you could argue it was the rashness of Flamini in arsenal's midfield that almost led to a goal for Vardy at the end.

Theyre heaping far too much criticism onto Sanogo who is a young lad who, for the most part i thought had a decent game, when you consider the impact stars like Ozil and Cazorla made, which was close to nil.

Arsenal are irritatingly predictable. Not irritating for us obviously, but if you can stick to a disciplined defensive display then you'll hold them out. I had a feeling they would seriously click this season but the same mistakes look as obvious as ever and I think it might even be the year they drop out of the top four.

Sanogo looked out of his depth IMO but that's hardly his fault. He seems like a pretty honest player, just not that good. He'll get a lot of stick for it but really they should have better. I honestly think Leicester have better options up front than Arsenal do.

:nono:

Take it one game at a time. They'll probably be no 'slaughtering' of anyone I suspect.

Pearson really is grounded and his post-match interview was superb. He's clearly keeping the lads focussed, committed and with their feet on the ground. What we don't need now is to get too carried-away re. expectation. IMO.

Enjoy today's performance but accept that all the other teams have their dangerous players and will be going for it. Villa, for example, have had a surprisingly great start.

This.

I thought today was brilliant, but listen to Pearson post-match. Totally grounded, taking one match at a time, no bit histrionics, we did OK but we could have done better. Let's keep ourselves grounded... it's a marathon, not a sprint. 

Spot on about putting the ball into the danger area.. of course he knew Ulloa would be there. Or at least sniffing about.

I reckon that run and cross could just about only be made by Schlupp out of our players. Thats why he's important to this team. If only the sod could be more consistent. None of us know what hes gonna do and I'm not always sure he does!

Does this mean you agree Col?

You give a lot of good analysis's on here and write good posts so I'm not sure haha.

Look at the clip above. It shows he had a glance up....

I have, he doesn't look or glance until the ball leaves his foot.

Anyway, I'm not getting involved in this nonsense. He didn't look up as far as I'm concerned end of story, still a great ball into a dangerous area.

Just got back, what a day. Another brilliant fight from the lads and showed quality throughout the side. Limited Arsenal to a handful of chances through sheer discipline, commitment and organisation and then looked dangerous on the break. We had more chances than the Champions League side and were terrific value from our point, frustrated them so much.

Schlupp was phenomenal both defensively, breaking forward and of course his end product with the cross. King and Hammond once more were fantastic. The fullbacks contributed massively and Wes and Liam were absolute rocks. Kasper did well when called upon and his kicking looked good. Mahrez once more was dangerous, loved it when he showed Sanchez how wing play is done, unfortunately made the wrong decisions sometimes but he is a total raw talent. Ulloa was fantastic at holding it up, good defensively and looked a real leader from set plays, and finished well for the first, should've put us 2-1 up but we can forgive him for that. Nugent ran his socks off and played very well.

Fans were in good voice for most of the 90, superb day all round. Wound up all the Arsenal fans I know good and proper. Sanogo may not be the best finisher but he is certainly a competent footballer and a big scapegoat. Ramsey is an excellent player, Ozil is shite. 

My only slight issue with Hammond is that he got himself into trouble a bit too often. There might have been a penalty against him, and he was asking for a yellow before he actually got one. He's a better player than he showed at times today. But overall, it's a joy to be able to nit-pick with a City team, rather than to say they were all shite apart from one or two who were slightly less than shite.

I fvckin love it!

Cheating ref? What the fcuk areyou on about?

Thought the ref was ok to be honest, yeah he missed the odd fouls but he also let things go in our favour.

Hammond was lucky to last so long without a card.

I thought the ref was excellent in general. He was very willing to let both teams play, most of his decisions were correct and he played some good advantages,

Could probably have booked Hammond on one or two occasions if there was anything he did wrong. I felt he handled the Moore/Sczez situation correctly as well.

Honestly, what game were you all watching?

Firstly, he missed at least one foul in the build up to our goal when the Arsenal player clearly fouled Hammond from behind, and arguably a handball as well.

Secondly, how can he have handled the Moore/Sczezny situation well when he should have sent off the Arsenal man for blatantly kicking out? Since when was that only a yellow card? Almost everybody but me was trying to make out touching heads was a sending off at the world cup.

Our players were the only ones getting booked or conceding free kicks, he wouldn't give us a thing. I'd be surprised if we got 5 free kicks all match despite the fact we should have had 20 more. Their players were falling over and he was just blowing up.

It was a dreadful performance bordering on dishonest. And calling him excellent makes you sound totally insane.

Hammond thrives in defensive situations, though I thought he could've been sent off today. He conceded a silly number of fouls.

He was shot the last 15, poor bloke was just bundling into people all over the place as he was out on his feet.

Incidentally, I loved Neil Lennon in the post-match on Sky. Everyone was going on about City's work-rate and energy and commitment, and he says "Yeah, right. But remember you've got some very good footballers out there. Morgan and Moore, Ulloa and Nugent. They're good. Mark my words." And Jamie Redknapp says, "He's right: if you ask the Arsenal defenders if they enjoyed chasing back after the City forwards today, they'd say no-way" Isn't it good!

Canadian friend telling me that Leicester did shit because the statistics favour Arsenal and we'll be lucky not to be relegated :^)

And Pearson said "Statistics are funny things. They had more shots, but we didn't feel like we were being battered. And we had some good chances which we should have taken."

Hammond thrives in defensive situations, though I thought he could've been sent off today. He conceded a silly number of fouls.

There was one where he ran and just barged into someone and knocked them over rather clumsily - the referee played advantage, he then did exactly the same to someone else and the ref played another advantage lol

We've still got Cambiasso and MJ to return yet though, nice selection headache for Nige

Just spent a while trawling their forums....totally ungratious wankers! !

What you have to realise is that the likes of Arsenal have posters on forums from all over the world who will never ever see their team play in the flesh. They are largely clueless and haven't got the slightest bit of intelligence when it comes to football. You only have to see the couple of twits Moore has received tonight about a nothing incident.

If you spoke to Arsenal fans who remember how rank average Arsenal were before George Graham's championship team etc., they speak more sense. We have an Arsenal fan in office, claims he's been Highbury and Emirates....asked him a fee questions like what tube station do you get? 'Cant remember mate'

Honestly, what game were you all watching?

Firstly, he missed at least one foul in the build up to our goal when the Arsenal player clearly fouled Hammond from behind, and arguably a handball as well.

Secondly, how can he have handled the Moore/Sczezny situation well when he should have sent off the Arsenal man for blatantly kicking out? Since when was that only a yellow card? Almost everybody but me was trying to make out touching heads was a sending off at the world cup.

Our players were the only ones getting booked or conceding free kicks, he wouldn't give us a thing. I'd be surprised if we got 5 free kicks all match despite the fact we should have had 20 more. Their players were falling over and he was just blowing up.

It was a dreadful performance bordering on dishonest. And calling him excellent makes you sound totally insane.

I think you're being a bit biased. Their fans were moaning a fair bit as well. He was pretty even today, I have no complaints whatsoever which is rare tbh.

Szcezny just pushed him off after Moore was hanging on to him. Six of one, half a dozen of the other. If you think that's a sending off then you're a bit soft in my book. Moore was cheating by grabbing him and he kicked him off, that's it.

Archived