Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v Arsenal post match thread 1-1

My god that good! I was sat in a bar full of Arsenal supporters. It was such a good feeling at the end hearing them call for the ref to hurry up and blow the final whistle. I don't think they were expecting to be stretched as much as they were.

I'm quite staggered at how consistently good Ulloa was at defensive set pieces. I'm sure I remember reading some Brighton opinions of him being fairly lazy at times but I haven't seen much evidence of that yet.

It's beginning to reach the point where I will be stunned if we're relegated.

If anything I think we should've won. For all their possession, what exactly did they do? We were far more threatening IMO.

Love Ulloa already. Quality.

With you on the stunned if relegated sentence, still early days though but three top 5 sides from last season in and two draws is a great return I think.

Also coming back from behind in both those games shows team spirit is alive and kicking.

Unbeaten at home!

It was a dreadful reffing performance. Was a blatant handball in the build up to their goal as well.

Just like the city fans were adamant Sanogo was offside in the build-up? Well...he wasn't....way onside.

Looked back at a few of the highlights and the ref got all big decisions right....he, and his team, had good games.

Just like the city fans were adamant Sanogo was offside in the build-up? Well...he wasn't....way onside.

Looked back at a few of the highlights and the ref got all big decisions right....he, and his team, had good games.

No doubt. I was sat in the Kop and Sanogo was a yard onside, I'm not denying that.

The guy whoever he was however lifted his arm up and it landed just further up on his elbow, it was a stupidly blantant handball.

The ref was poor, he lost his nerve far too many times. Especially with Moore and Wojech, totally lost his bollocks and booked both.

Guest LCFC_World

Another point, and another fantastic performance. BUT I have to say at the end of the game, I actually felt a little disappointed that we didn't get the 3 points, but I will let Ulloa of on this occasion since he did get us a goal

After Everton scored their first goal against us 2 weeks ago, we very quickly got behind the team, and got a goal back straight away, and the same happened today. Once again, great support from the fans, we truly are the 12th man. We have the most passion out of any premiership club. Unbeaten at home.

Another point, and another fantastic performance. BUT I have to say at the end of the game, I actually felt a little disappointed that we didn't get the 3 points, but I will let Ulloa of on this occasion since he did get us a goal

After Everton scored their first goal against us 2 weeks ago, we very quickly got behind the team, and got a goal back straight away, and the same happened today. Once again, great support from the fans, we truly are the 12th man. We have the most passion out of any premiership club. Unbeaten at home.

I have to agree about the support. No coincidence imo that we have scored soon after conceding when our fans have responded positively. Let's continue to do our bit

Incidentally, I loved Neil Lennon in the post-match on Sky. Everyone was going on about City's work-rate and energy and commitment, and he says "Yeah, right. But remember you've got some very good footballers out there. Morgan and Moore, Ulloa and Nugent. They're good. Mark my words." And Jamie Redknapp says, "He's right: if you ask the Arsenal defenders if they enjoyed chasing back after the City forwards today, they'd say no-way" Isn't it good!

Spot on.. All this work rate and commitment is right. But we have some very good players also.

Wes Morgan looks like he's played in the Premiership all his life!

And King... Hey, I got that one wrong didn't I...

My god that good! I was sat in a bar full of Arsenal supporters. It was such a good feeling at the end hearing them call for the ref to hurry up and blow the final whistle. I don't think they were expecting to be stretched as much as they were.

I'm quite staggered at how consistently good Ulloa was at defensive set pieces. I'm sure I remember reading some Brighton opinions of him being fairly lazy at times but I haven't seen much evidence of that yet.

Long time no see 21st..

It's great to see King performing in the Prem after being written off by so many, been with us through all the divisions and it's clear he loves LCFC so delighted for him. Both he and Hammond were victims of James and Drinkwater being so good, and now are really proving what they can bring to the table. 

Thought Lennon and Redknapp were a credit to Sky today for their analysis on the game. Didn't shirk from criticising the bigger club and gave us the deserved praise and plaudits. 

Redknapp (to his credit) actually sounded like he'd done his homework, too. Knew players due to come back into the side and strengths and weaknesses, etc.

Have to say I loved RDL today. Seems to have taken the signing of Simpson as extra motivation. That performance today says 'you're not getting my shirt without a fight' - top attitude.

I thought he was poor, but better than the previous two matches.

Ball-watching for their goal, just let Sanchez stroll into space. Also absolutely skinned for the Sanogo chance.

Having said that, last 20 mins he was very good but I'd still slot Simpson in there eventually.

Another fine performance against a top team and another point on the board. They had far more of the ball as expected but we looked threatening on the break and could've won the game. The defending in terms of blocks was outstanding and the midfield pair, who struggled early on, got a real grip on things later on in the game.

Arsenal's quality was there for all to see, so quick in movement and thought, but we stood firm for the majority and although we were more direct had one great move between Vardy and Nugent that nearly brought about a goal.

Three games in and performances have been superb in the main. Need to replicate it in the games against the sides around us. But so far we look like a side that can compete and throw punches back, and the discipline is fantastic. Thought we gave the ball away too much in the opening stages and that needs to be worked on, but we've risen to a very difficult challenge and come out with points and plaudits.

Good game, Morgan was a rock.

Why did they play in Yellow? Arsenal are Red & White?

Also, why were there no replays on the "big" Screens?

Those screens are too small !!!

Some B4st$rd is making money by making the Arsenal play in yellow !!!

If City are going to beat teams like Arsenal the least I expect is that they are playing in their proper colours if possible 

Great result. The Schlupp overlap run and cross were a thing of beauty, as was Leo's finish. Should/could have grabbed all 3 points. Liking the timing of the Intl. break to allow all the small knocks to heal and for the new signings to familiarize with the team...

Wow so proud of the lads, amazing result....so close to winning.

Ulloa is fast becoming my favourite player good going forward and at the back.

Loving vardys haircut lol

Can I ask you what did you say when we bought him for 8mil?  And anyone else who is now saying what an inspired buy.

He was awesome. No other word for it at both ends of the field. He has great vision and touch  did not take his second chance as well as he would of liked when he bitched chambers in the box to end up pulling the ball left of the post.

Whoever decided to have him as the first player in the defensive box at corners is a genius.  Good luck getting a ball over him.  He headed away at least 4 corners.  His work rate is outstanding for a big striker.

NP can buy any player he wants without criticism after seeing this guy.  Already a bargain with 2 goals in the 1st 3 games.  

Don't you effing care ? Why do Leicester play in blue?

Why do the red cross have an effing red cross?

Why don't you just carry on watching Coronation Street?

I know that there is some coercive money making B4ST4RDS forcing Arsenal to play in Yellow and Blue.

I don't like the idea that Arsenal think that they are so superior to Leicester that they don't even have to run the risk of getting their first choice football kit even slightly dirty

CORRUPTION

WHY COULD THEY NOT PLAY IN RED & WHITE?  WHY?

Brilliant, just hope we can play this well against our rival clubs. Ulloa was excellent. Perhaps a quality partner for Ulloa and we'll be about there.

As for Arsenal, they need a quality striker.

Tuna,

I can't resist.  The Ulloa you bitched about before we bought him and then bagged the crap out of Pearson when we did!  That Ulloa?  So when we buy a McGoldrick or someone else what will you be saying?

Can you please now stop all your negative comments and depressing opinions.  Try saying good things more, it does make you happier! 

Archived