Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v Arsenal post match thread 1-1

Hammond thrives in defensive situations, though I thought he could've been sent off today. He conceded a silly number of fouls.

A couple of quite cynical and needless ones when he stuck his leg out.

But several more intelligent fouls around the half way line. I liked it. If you're playing Arsenal's midfield there comes a time when fouling near half way is the best thing to do.

He certainly did it a teeny bit too much today, probably because their midfield are all much younger and much much much faster than him :P

Can I ask you what did you say when we bought him for 8mil? And anyone else who is now saying what an inspired buy.

He was awesome. No other word for it at both ends of the field. He has great vision and touch did not take his second chance as well as he would of liked when he bitched chambers in the box to end up pulling the ball left of the post.

Whoever decided to have him as the first player in the defensive box at corners is a genius. Good luck getting a ball over him. He headed away at least 4 corners. His work rate is outstanding for a big striker.

NP can buy any player he wants without criticism after seeing this guy. Already a bargain with 2 goals in the 1st 3 games.

I said he would be a great signing before we signed him. Was delighted when we signed him. Was even more delighted when he scored in pre season. Was even more delighted when he scored with his first chance against Everton. And now I'm even more delighted after today's Ulloa show.

Incase you haven't gathered I am delighted :D

With you on the stunned if relegated sentence, still early days though but three top 5 sides from last season in and two draws is a great return I think.

Also coming back from behind in both those games shows team spirit is alive and kicking.

Unbeaten at home!

Nothing reactionary about it though. I've said all along we'll stay up and every single game so far has made me even more assured.

Have held mild reservations about De Laet in the opening 2 games, and though he was asleep for the goal, a very, very good performance by him. I think bringing Danny Simpson in made him up his game and he showed today what we all knew he was capable of. Brilliant game, brilliant atmosphere, great goal, unlucky not to nick it, bring on Stoke.

If anything for me today, we really should've won this game. Had the better chances that's for sure. Arsenal we're always comfortable in possession but they tried their usual trick of trying to walk the ball in. They looked very suspect at the back and don't like being run at.

Everyone of them put a great shift in today. We defended fantastically from the front - Nugent showing exactly what he can bring to the team. He was fantastic in his work rate today and was trying to be his usual midfield to attack link.

Nice to see RDL have his first solid game of the season which completed another decent defensive performance.

King and Hammond got through an awful lot of work today. Hammond looked like Bamba on ice last 15 but the type of pro he is, carries on gamely and had another decent performance.

Both wingers caused some sort of problem for them today and Jeff's ball for the goal was sublime.

We attacked them with no fear, at pace and kept the ball down. If we carry on in this vein out first win isn't very far away at all.

We've clearly been working on our shape and how defend for when we don't have the ball for long periods of time too, something that wouldn't have really happened last season.

No-one gave us a sniff of even getting a point before the first international break, so I'm relatively happy with 2 points although it could've easily been 4. Beggars can't be choosers mind.

As annoying as these breaks are we can now get all the lads with niggles back up to fill fitness and head to Stoke with a fully for squad.

Hopefully we continue with at least King and possibly Hammond for the next game. Our whole squad ethic is based on playing well to keep your shirt. Like Wasilewski last season, he seized his chance when Moore got injured. Hammond and King haven't really done anything wrong.

I've no idea where Simpson, James, DD and Cambiasso are going to fit in. Just hope it doesn't lead to unhappy players not getting any game time.

I think we would've all settled for 2 points from the first 3 games

Where is that thread where we discussed possible points outcome of first 5 games?

I am sure I said 2 draws and a win at stoke!

so many zeros I remember !

proud of the lads and the club

Honestly, what game were you all watching?

Firstly, he missed at least one foul in the build up to our goal when the Arsenal player clearly fouled Hammond from behind, and arguably a handball as well.

Secondly, how can he have handled the Moore/Sczezny situation well when he should have sent off the Arsenal man for blatantly kicking out? Since when was that only a yellow card? Almost everybody but me was trying to make out touching heads was a sending off at the world cup.

Our players were the only ones getting booked or conceding free kicks, he wouldn't give us a thing. I'd be surprised if we got 5 free kicks all match despite the fact we should have had 20 more. Their players were falling over and he was just blowing up.

It was a dreadful performance bordering on dishonest. And calling him excellent makes you sound totally insane.

:nigel:

The stats say Arsenal had 24 attempts at goal, have they missed out a decimal point?

Exactly what I said. Other than there goal I remember about 3 decent chances for them. The possession stats don't surprise me as a lot of our attacks were quick counter attacks rather than slow and steady build up

Leicester+City+v+Arsenal+Premier+League+

G'wan Liam!

I fvckin love this photo.

You sometimes worry that young players are going to be over-awed by big name players like Arsenal... but our Liam didn't give a flying fvck and stood up for himself, and was ready to lamp Schezney.

PS: Bizarre that Callum Chambers is in the full England squad and Liam is not.

Yeah of course, just giving a balanced view and my thoughts. The positives far outweigh the negatives today. Superb performance from the lads.

It was a great performance. This isn't a level of performance we can let slip though, at the end of the day we held Everton and Arsenal at home the last time we were in the Premeir League but still went down 6 points off safety. This team obviously seems to have a bit more about it but we've still got a thin squad and the real tests are yet to come, these are just a couple of bonus points. 

A good run from Burnley at the start of October to Liverpool at the start of December is paramount to our survival chances.  

It was a great performance. This isn't a level of performance we can let slip though, at the end of the day we held Everton and Arsenal at home the last time we were in the Premeir League but still went down 6 points off safety. This team obviously seems to have a bit more about it but we've still got a thin squad and the real tests are yet to come, these are just a couple of bonus points.

A good run from Burnley at the start of October to Liverpool at the start of December is paramount to our survival chances.

Last time we were up holding Everton was a bad result seen as they finished 16th or something, not 5th. And we somehow scraped a last minute equaliser vs arsenal opposed to genuinely looking like we should've won and matching them through 90 minutes.

Agree though that good performances don't always equal points (Chelsea away) and we need to make sure our performance levels are just as high for teams like west brom or Sunderland and that was get 3 points.

Last time we were up holding Everton was a bad result seen as they finished 16th or something, not 5th. And we somehow scraped a last minute equaliser vs arsenal opposed to genuinely looking like we should've won and matching them through 90 minutes.

Agree though that good performances don't always equal points (Chelsea away) and we need to make sure our performance levels are just as high for teams like west brom or Sunderland and that was get 3 points.

They finished 17th lol

Swings and roundabouts though as we held Newcastle at home as well who finished 5th! 

And let us remember that Arsenal side was shit hot, much better than the current one. 

That kind of result against that Everton side is what I'm getting at though that's the kind of result we have to avoid. Baggies and Burnley at the King Power really has to be 6 points. 

Aye, was mentioned a lot in the pub and after the game and probably on here, "bonus points". Picking up points when you're not expecting to is great but if you follow that up by not picking up points we really should then it's all a bit pointless.

Aye, was mentioned a lot in the pub and after the game and probably on here, "bonus points". Picking up points when you're not expecting to is great but if you follow that up by not picking up points we really should then it's all a bit pointless.

I see what you did there, lol.

But exactly the point. Picking up the points that we should be getting is very important. As good as our performances have been against Everton, Chelsea and Arsenal, it will mean nothing if we can't cash in against those around us.

yup, agree 100%, good assesment.These months you mention are key, and will show

where we are at for the bsckend of the season run in, it might not just be the points

but how we are playing

Archived