Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v Arsenal post match thread 1-1

Just got back, what a day. Another brilliant fight from the lads and showed quality throughout the side. Limited Arsenal to a handful of chances through sheer discipline, commitment and organisation and then looked dangerous on the break. We had more chances than the Champions League side and were terrific value from our point, frustrated them so much.

Schlupp was phenomenal both defensively, breaking forward and of course his end product with the cross. King and Hammond once more were fantastic. The fullbacks contributed massively and Wes and Liam were absolute rocks. Kasper did well when called upon and his kicking looked good. Mahrez once more was dangerous, loved it when he showed Sanchez how wing play is done, unfortunately made the wrong decisions sometimes but he is a total raw talent. Ulloa was fantastic at holding it up, good defensively and looked a real leader from set plays, and finished well for the first, should've put us 2-1 up but we can forgive him for that. Nugent ran his socks off and played very well.

Fans were in good voice for most of the 90, superb day all round. Wound up all the Arsenal fans I know good and proper. Sanogo may not be the best finisher but he is certainly a competent footballer and a big scapegoat. Ramsey is an excellent player, Ozil is shite. 

Excellent performance, shame again we've had a big chance to win it and we've missed it but take nothing away from the lads.

Can't believe the stats though, 24 shots? Really?

Morgan and Moore have gone to another level and the backs to the wall stuff suits them down to the ground.

Good performance from everyone, ulloa was amazing. Hammond has ran himself into the ground but is out of his depth at times. Albrighton was poor though.

So promising.

Cambiasso will replace Hammond next game.

Thought that myself, he's clearly not as fit as the others, but to be fair he had a lot of chasing the ball to do.

Just read this whole thread and had to comment on these. Hammond once again has put in an absolute shift in and been instrumental in breaking up play and putting in tackles and relentlessly working the whole game. He's done this against three of last seasons top five now and not looked out of place one bit.

As a big a name Cambiasso is I would be annoyed if he replaced Hammond next game, as. Hammond doesn't deserve to he dropped.

As for saying he's not as fit as others, King looked just as knackered, they both were non stop all game. The fitness levels for the Premier League is a lot higher than The Championship. A few by the end of the game looked dead on their feet, but it's understandable after how well and hard they all performed.

I think a lot of our substitutions this season will be through people running on empty rather than performances.

Fantastic stuff from the team. Absolute credit to the club.

I just wonder how we'll adapt when it's a West Brom at home instead, how much more attacking we'll be, but there's no doubt that so far we've got our tactics spot on in terms of the balance between pressing the opposition and countering with numbers.

I think we will play exactly the same throughout the season but i have a feeling a few teams towards the lower half of the table may have noticed how attacking we have been against the top teams and might be a little more defensive when they come to the KP.

Cheers bud... The cross was great, but he had no idea who was there!!

Loving Ulloa, for a big man he put a hell of a shift in.

he had no idea who was there?!?!?!?! Are you kidding?

The idea of a great ball in to the box is to put it in the danger area where the keeper can't come to collect and the defenders find it difficult to defend. That is exactly what he did.

Anyways all in all it was a fantastic result, outplayed, out sung and bullied a team who no doubt will be not too far from top come the end of the season. And the fact we got them to turn on Wenger at the end made the day even better.

So proud and I can't wait to go into work tomorrow!

Thought we played brilliantly again today and I genuinely felt that we could have even grabbed all three points as we certainly had the better chances. Ulloa was phenomenal all game, Vardy looked sharp for the time he was on and when he is given his starting berth again, I am sure he will cause a lot of teams problems. Nuge worked his socks off and made up for what he lacks in other departments sometimes, King and Hammond again played well in the centre. Mahrez was back to usual standard, Albrighton again showed a glimpse of the top player we managed to get on a bargain this summer. Wes and Liam again were brilliant.

All in all, fantastic display. Only negative was at times we stood off BUT that is something that I think will improve as we grow into the league.

Sad to read the stories about Anthony's exclusion from the squad though if true. Nevertheless, was nice to see Esteban Cambiasso in our training kit even if he didn't get onto the pitch. Don't think it will be long before he is given a go from the start as well. Proud of the boys today, very proud!

I ****ing love Nige and this team, we're going places.

I also want to call out lcfcsnow for being a massive cvnt time and time again, constantly criticising everything to do with the club and being wrong about so many things I've lost count. Fvck off this forum, nobody ever (and I mean ever) gives a shit what you think.

I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments here Haydos

Another good point and good performance again today. Centre backs looked very accomplished and we looked strong going forward and on the counter attack. Thought Mahrez and De Laet struggled defensively at times but De Laet looked better against Arsenal with Mahrez infront of him than he did against Everton with Knockaert. Thought the tempo and the quality of the chances we were creating improved today as well. Ulloa was really impressive as was Andy King. And to top it all off it was great to have Vardy back!

On a separate note I had to sit away from my season ticket seat today due a younger cousin sitting with my Dad and brother in my seat. As most of the ground was sold out I thought I'd give SK1 a go. Atmosphere over there was great and the Ulloa chant to the Argentina national song and the Mahrez chant to 'Zombie Nation' sounded awesome. Will definitely sit there again if a similar seating situation arises.

Bookies have us finishing 16th ( no change from after the Chelsea game).

Until we get some wins, we won't get any higher.

Great performance - gutsy and much more controlled than against everton where for much of the first half, we looked like rabbits in headlights and again panicked too much towards the end when under any pressure. The signs look great once we get a fully fit squad and are able to play against teams who we will be able to compete against for decent possession stats.

Considering we went 2 up front against probably the best passing and moving side in the prem, I am astonished how well we defended from the centre circle to the edge of our box. Of course one of the forwards tried to drop back into the midfield but only to put pressure on flamini, rather than the four in front of them. kudos to all the midfield who covered huge distances today. Also, impressed that when DD came on, he wasn't put into the centre of midfield and Pearson left Hammond in the area he had marshalled all match. konchesky looks far happier at this level than the championship! Maybe he couldn't motivate himself effectively there?

shame for Liam to pick up a petty yellow. It wasn't necessary for him to square up to anyone and had he just run back after pulling the keeper back he may have got away with it. him and wes playing well together and we don't want any suspensions in that area.

Jeff's decision making again suspect at times but you cannot question his work rate. His cross was sublime and the high point of his performance. against the better sides NP has clearly decided that him in front of Konch gives better protection that knocks. On the other flank, RDL looked a bit more solid today.

Can't wait to see ulloa against weaker central defenders. Vardy also looked confident when he came on. In a week, we've gone from having a squad that looked threadbare to one where players can't even make the bench. When James is fit, that will come even more into focus. With upson's fitness a long way off, I would be happier if we were strengthening at the back than up the front. However, Pearson has made if clear on several occasions that he doesn't feel a team can survive by just being hard to beat. It has to have a potent threat at the other end and he believes that it's goals that will keep us up and perhaps even make it comfortable.

Confidence will continue to grow within the team, getting points against these bigger teams is great but we just need to find that killer instinct apart from that everything is fairly solid and should only improve as players gain more experience, I'm not complaining though and I'm very happy with the 2 points so far thought Arsenal were lucky to come away with a point there.

Got to praise Nige as the teams fitness looks absolutely spot on again this season, for 90 minutes players were giving it their all and making life difficult for Arsenal, All round a very very good performance from the team, 5 points from these first 5 games is very possible!

We are very capable playing football with anyone in this division , but need to take the chances, that is my only criticism... I feel it was two points dropped on that basis.. Defensively we were brilliant

Agree to an extent but the two chances were against top teams.

Schlupp's against Everton was atrocious and he should've at least made the keeper work. But that was to make the game level and we still got a draw out of it.

Nugent's the only criticism I have was him looking at the linesman, that was ridiculous but i think it still goes down as a great save from arguably the best/second best keeper in the world.

Ulloa's today, i've not seen back but at the ground it looked like he did the hard bit and all he had to do was slot it past szcezsny and was probably the easiest chance of the three.

However i think we should be more concerned when we're not creating chances. And against lesser teams i think we will create more. If we miss chances like that and drop points against teams around us thats when it comes a big problem.

We were absolutely terrific today.

Morgan and Moore were fantastic as a partnership. Hardly ever looked flustered and apart from the goal, the only real chances they had were the tame Ramsey header, and the Sanogo miss that Schmeichel saved.

Cazorla, Ozil and Ramsey were practically nullified today. But i think that is at least as much to do with the tireless effort of King and Hammond to keep chasing and battling as it was to do with them misfiring.

I thought after an hour or so of chasing, the Chelsea syndrome would kick in and Arsenal would go on to win. None of the sort. In fact we finished the game much the stronger of the two teams and made the changes at the right times. Wenger's changes had practically nil impact, and were too late.

Nugent worked tirelessly today, and Ulloa was fantastic too. What a purchase he could be. Brilliant header and his all round play was superb.

Especially after Vardy came on and forced Szczesny into the low save, you get the impression Arsenal were the happier team to hear the final whistle.

Good performance again. Great spirit and some real glimpses of attacking potential. Have to start putting our chances away though because you will be punished in the EPL if you don't. Nugent needs to get his name on the scorehsheet!

It's beginning to reach the point where I will be stunned if we're relegated.

If anything I think we should've won. For all their possession, what exactly did they do? We were far more threatening IMO.

Love Ulloa already. Quality.

Close to the end they started signing "Sing a fackin striker" to the chant of "you don't know what you're doing"

Wouldn't they be better to sign a fackin' striker? I mean, they could all sing "Ulloa, Ulloa" to the tune of Land of Hope and Glory, but I am not sure it would solve Arsenal's problems.

Just saying.

It's beginning to reach the point where I will be stunned if we're relegated.

If anything I think we should've won. For all their possession, what exactly did they do? We were far more threatening IMO.

Love Ulloa already. Quality.

Bang on mate

Archived