Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v Arsenal post match thread 1-1

3 points is a must at one of the hardest places to travel this season?

3 points is a must to keep our heads above water in terms of our opening 5 games in my opinion. What I'm really getting at is that the most important games for us this season are the ones that on paper we should look to be winning. Not the 3 we've had so far. The games after the utd game for example

We played brilliant!

Arsenal were shit!!!

I said many times before the game, i've watched Arsenal's last 2 games (Everton and Besiktas) and they've been shit and if they play like they did in those 2 games, I'd be gutted if we didn't get atleast a draw if not a win, and i'm gutted we didn't win!

For Arsenal's goal Sonogo was about 10 miles offside.

As people know I don't like blaming the ref for us not winning with my 'don't blame the ref for us not winning' rants in past seasons, but today I can blame the ref for us not winning, their goal was miles offside imo, we had a perfectly good goal disallowed, the officials were giving us nothing, missing many offside and handball calls time and time again.

Can't fault any of our players again today, brilliant, just gutted we didn't get the win, which we fully deserved!

My best (realistic) expectations for the first 3 games was 3 points, we've got 2 and i'm happy with that return, hopefully we can push on now against Stoke, Man Utd and Palace. :fc:

We played brilliant!

Arsenal were shit!!!

I said many times before the game, i've watched Arsenal's last 2 games (Everton and Besiktas) and they've been shit and if they play like they did in those 2 games, I'd be gutted if we didn't get atleast a draw if not a win, and i'm gutted we didn't win!

Was Ulloa's goal offside? Not see a replay yet, imo he wasn't.

As people know I don't like blaming the ref for us not winning with my 'don't blame the ref for us not winning' rants in past seasons, but today I can blame the ref for us not winning, their goal was miles offside imo, we had a perfectly good goal disallowed, the officials were giving us nothing, missing many offside and handball calls time and time again.

Can't fault any of our players again today, brilliant, just gutted we didn't get the win, which we fully deserved!

My best (realistic) expectations for the first 3 games was 3 points, we've got 2 and i'm happy with that return, hopefully we can push on now against Stoke, Man Utd and Palace. :fc:

He wasn't.

Mahrez had a great game today, a hell of a lot better than Everton and Chelsea.

His set piece delivery improved from 0% last week to 50% today so that's progress.

Well played lads, deserved a win against a Champions League side.

Love our boring Nigel Pearson (in his interviews).

He's our boring Nigel :D

Roll on the short trip to Stoke in 2 weeks, I can't wait to add another ground to my list of aways :)

And we will be confident that's for sure.

In some ways a point today is just perfect, enough to gain confidence but also not quite a win so we will be more on our toes at Stoke now.

Perhaps complacency might have set in at Stoke had we won today - but we will never know!

We are Premier League! and we are top half Premier League if we keep this level up for the season.

Absolutely wonderful Leicester.

Brilliant performance again from the lads. Everybody gave their all, again impressed with Hammond and King. Schlupp looking a very tidy player, Ulloa is starting to become a great bit of business from the club, we do not look out of sorts in this league but yes it is only 3 games and there's a long way to go.

Great to see Drinkwater and Vardy making their comebacks from injury. Moore and Morgan are absolute rocks at the back, commanding performance again from both of em. Mahrez oozes confidence going forward, such a exciting player going forward.

Also we hardly see it down the KP but the referee today had a good game.

Very excited to see Cambiasso in a Leicester shirt. Hope to see him involved against Stoke.

Still looking for that first win. Can't wait for the Man Utd game. This is the best time to play them, I reckon we will get another positive result against them, hopefully the 3 points.

Up the CITEHHHH!

Was Ulloa's goal offside? Not see a replay yet, imo he wasn't.

Matt, you're doing that thing where you spew bollocks again lol

ibTyiBB.png

OeTxOMF.png

Also, how the fvck would Ulloa be offside from a byline cross lol

4 pages of comments, and not one negative post. Ok, who has stolen FT and replaced it with a Chelsea forum? Brilliant today, as many have said, bloody proud of the lads, great effort. We do not look out of place in the PL.

Go on then,

Nugent's miss against Chelsea, Ulloa's chance he missed today and Vardy passing the ball late on when he should have kept going.

Might have had a point against Chelsea and 3 today. Just hope these margins don't bite us on the backside come May.

What a start to the season though. 3 great games and performances to match.

Matt, you're doing that thing where you spew bollocks again lol

ibTyiBB.png

OeTxOMF.png

Also, how the fvck would Ulloa be offside from a byline cross lol

No I was on about Ulloa when he hit the side netting, I embaressingly didn't realise he hit the side netting and for some reason thought he'd scored and presumed it had been ruled offside - the only thing I could imagine, either way i'm wrong but you have got the wrong end of the stick with your pictures.

:blush:

Go on then,

Nugent's miss against Chelsea, Ulloa's chance he missed today and Vardy passing the ball late on when he should have kept going.

Might have had a point against Chelsea and 3 today. Just hope these margins don't bite us on the backside come May.

What a start to the season though. 3 great games and performances to match.

Schluup against Everton?

We could have been on 7pts by now and be worth it.

Of course we are getting greedy, and it's not a criticism, but whilst our performance levels are so high it's annoying not to be taking maximum points.

I think we will have lost our element of suprise to a lot of teams now which means games against the 'lesser' teams may be tough.

Why is Hammond getting stick? Did exactly what he was there for, break up the play, commit a few fouls and make it uncomfortable for them. He even sprayed some nice passes about and a couple of particularly crunching tackles. 

Can only think there's a few Bentley's Roofers posting, desperate to pick holes in another decent performance.

Excellent performance.

Tactically handled arsenal very well. We attacked in numbers and then defended very narrow. All our players are giving it 110% and we matched arsenals tempo. King and Hammond again played very well.

Drinkwater gave us the creativity and threat coming through the middle which is good.

Albrighton couldn't adapt to the tempo, a poor few touches and a couple of wrong decisions but it would have been hard for most players to come into that game off the bench.

Vardy showed us all what we have missed... Wish he didn't square it to Nugent though >.< thought he could have ran through them.

Ulloa proving his worth scoring against 2 of the top 5.

Schlupp is a work horse, lacks a bit of composer going forward but his ability to defend and his pace are amazing. He's like a smart price Gareth Bale at the moment and think he's probably our best winger in the tempo and style we are playing.

Mahrez is very silky but sometimes takes the wrong option and does 1 too many tricks, still think he's class though.

I've eaten my words about Konchesky. He's been quality so far. De laet played better now he has a Simpson sniffing.

Morgan and Moore are arguably the stand out centre pack pair of the premiership. Unbelievable how much pressure they can soak up. Them 2 have been my MOTM(s) all season so far.

All in all. A fantastic performance and display. Excellent on the eye and I expect if you ask any football pundit to predict now, we won't be mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived